The Amazing Spiderman movie

RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Pretty excited for this anyone else? don't think it will be half as good as the avengers but that's probably because I'm a hardcore spiderman comic book reader so everything they change makes me mad. And I don't think the spiderman story is nearly as movie ready as the Avengers. But it should be good none the less.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Eh, it looks ok. The Spidey movies are good but nothing special. This ones looks the same. I'm predicting the Dark Night Rises the best movie of the year and will sell better then Avengers... :o:mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Eh, it looks ok. The Spidey movies are good but nothing special. This ones looks the same. I'm predicting the Dark Night Rises the best movie of the year and will sell better then Avengers... :o:mrgreen:

Dark Night Rises is the one to beat...until the Hobbit part 1 comes out! :D

Not really interested in Spiderman for some reason.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    spiderman looked pretty decent

dark knight is going to be the movie to beat this year, although avengers set the bar pretty high from a box office stand point, although not from a story stand point
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    If I've said it once I've said it a million times, the dark night will be good but I mean there is no reason to believe that it will be much better than Batman begins. Or am I missing something? Take the Joker out of the first Dark night and it turns into a average movie. I find myself just waiting for a Joker scene to come every time I watch it and that's what most of my friends say too. I think in the end Spiderman and the dark night will be on about the same level, maybe the dark night will be a little better but I highly doubt it can out do the avengers.
    81 wrote:
    although not from a story stand point

???
    RiotZact wrote:
    If I've said it once I've said it a million times, the dark night will be good but I mean there is no reason to believe that it will be much better than Batman begins. Or am I missing something? Take the Joker out of the first Dark night and it turns into a average movie. I find myself just waiting for a Joker scene to come every time I watch it and that's what most of my friends say too. I think in the end Spiderman and the dark night will be on about the same level, maybe the dark night will be a little better but I highly doubt it can out do the avengers.
    81 wrote:
    although not from a story stand point

???

i found the avengers to be an empty calorie movie.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Here's the new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjVgZwZ2h-I

I like that they are using Gwen Stacy before Mary Jane but I don't like how she knows Peter is Spiderman. In the comics she didn't know and then her dad dies in a fight that spiderman was at so she blames him for her fathers death which creates a ton of emotional conflict. And it seems like Conners actually like wants to be the bad guy but I'm pretty sure in the comics he can't control the lizard and hates that it happens to him. And lastly I can't say for sure but neither of the trailers have mentioned Uncle Ben dying, which would be the toughest one for me to deal with, that's the whole reason that he decides to start being a hero, I don't mind if they change to story lines and stuff but to just totally destroy the origin makes me mad.

On another note I really wish that Disney could somehow buy Sony out of their contract or something because how awesome would it be for spiderman to be meeting a villain for the first time or something, lets say doc ock, and hes on top of spiderman ready to kill him and whack! he gets hit in the head with a shield! Or the avengers are having a hard time with something and Peter Parker happens to be swinging by and gives them a hand, doesn't have to be like the climax of the movie but just a casual meeting in the middle somewhere then they thank him and he swings away. The geek in me would be thrilled!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    When I saw the preview for this I thought for a second that I was watching a preview for the first one with Toby McGuire. Didnt they already do this?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    When I saw the preview for this I thought for a second that I was watching a preview for the first one with Toby McGuire. Didnt they already do this?

Yeah but they fucked that one up so bad they wanted to start again. I'm gonna bet that they will just fuck it up once again and in 5 to 10 years they will re do it once again but with Disney having the rights to it like all the other marvel movies that have came out in the past 5 years, then maybe it will be done well
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it's got emma stone ... yummy ...
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995

+1 didnt mind Toby- movies were entertaining. why start over dumb imo..
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

This got me a little more optimistic. At first I thought the part with the kid putting on the mask was kinda cheesy but I guess that is the type of thing that could work with a little kid like that. One thing that is for certain is that the web action is spot on, looks just like the comics. I really love the part where the lizard is on top of the building and spiderman is on the side of it and he jumps, spins a web and kicks him.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Nami wrote:

I only saw the first one, but I knew they were very popular, so I didn't understand the reboot either. Further reading revealed that the series was going to continue but the studio couldn't reach an agreement with Sam Raimi, so they just rebooted the series rather than have a different writer/director continue the series. And I can imagine that some of the stars probably didn't want to continue without him as well.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    Nami wrote:

I only saw the first one, but I knew they were very popular, so I didn't understand the reboot either. Further reading revealed that the series was going to continue but the studio couldn't reach an agreement with Sam Raimi, so they just rebooted the series rather than have a different writer/director continue the series. And I can imagine that some of the stars probably didn't want to continue without him as well.

Yes this is correct. I for one am happy though. The second and third Toby movies were so screwed up. If it weren't for the first one being so good the second 2 would have been total failures.
    I'm kinda looking forward to this now. Hearing positive reviews on it so far. Will get lsot in the shuffle once Dark Knight comes out though a few weeks later.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I'm kinda looking forward to this now. Hearing positive reviews on it so far. Will get lsot in the shuffle once Dark Knight comes out though a few weeks later.

Going to the midnight showing tomorrow! can't wait! The more I see of it the better it looks.
    i'll try to squeeze it into our 4th of july movie marathon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Will it truely be amazing or will it end up being just spectacular? :geek:

That is the question we need the answer to
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    It was as good as I thought it could be, Andrew is a perfect peter parker, as are all of the other characters. For the most part it just made me extremely excited for the next one, I really didn't have a lot of intrest in seeing the 50th different origin story of spiderman but it had to be done.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I don't understand why this movie was even made. Every review I've read said it was just a repeat of Spider-man. We know the back story....why reboot it?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I don't understand why this movie was even made. Every review I've read said it was just a repeat of Spider-man. We know the back story....why reboot it?

i've heard some good things about it....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    ZiggyStar wrote:

we were just talking about that last night - how many Spider Man and Bat Man movies are there? I am just not interested
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    81 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

i've heard some good things about it....

I'm sceptical 8-)

:lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Cus the other ones sucked and we all need to erase them from our memory :lol:
    RiotZact wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

:?: The first and second ones were good. Third one sucked.

I'm planning on seeing this tomorrow.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    RiotZact wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

:?: The first and second ones were good. Third one sucked.

I'm planning on seeing this tomorrow.

I hated the second one personally, the first one was good but I they tried to fit 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bucket by having the origin story's of spiderman and the green goblin all in the same movie.

I think that's part of the reason why the Avengers was so good, because there was no origins to explain, not even the villains. So they could get right down to business when the movie started and not fuck around for a half hour explaining origins. I think for the next spiderman movie they should pick another not so well know villain like the lizard so they can also have time to explain Norman/Green Goblin's story in the background that way when the 3rd movie comes out they can get right down to business, Peter versus Norman, Spider versus Goblin for 2 straight hours without any origin story. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!

Plus the other version didn't have spiderman being that smartass douche bag that we all love so much. This version does!
    the woman is boycotting over the fact that it's a reboot and that the villian and gf are suppose to be from peters college years although he appears to be high school aged in the previews....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,788
    I have no interest

Now July 20th has some promise ;)

That shit will be outta control. No corny 3D, remember to see it in. A 70mm IMAX theatre.... Like Lincoln center here in NYC . That digital IMAX doesn't cut it
    I caught an early matinee today. I enjoyed it. Yes it's basically the same as the first, but they are lots of differences as well. I kinda liked this one better than the one that came out 10 years ago. I think Andrew Garfield made a better Peter Parker and Emma Stone as his love interest was a good choice. This one seemed more serious. Not as "comical" as the other one, although there was humor in it obviously. I would recommend it.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I caught an early matinee today. I enjoyed it. Yes it's basically the same as the first, but they are lots of differences as well. I kinda liked this one better than the one that came out 10 years ago. I think Andrew Garfield made a better Peter Parker and Emma Stone as his love interest was a good choice. This one seemed more serious. Not as "comical" as the other one, although there was humor in it obviously. I would recommend it.

Well put, this one was the one that they kinda had to get out of the way so to speak, kinda like "Batman Begins", wasn't one of the best movies ever but I think that it could be a gateway to some "amazing" movies in the next 5 years or so.