Movie Theater Seats/seating

2»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,891
    dcfaithful wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I haven't gone to the theater to see a movie in a long time, probably a couple years. I just don't think it's worth the money. Call me cheap or whatever, but for the price they want, I'd rather sit in the comfort of my home and enjoy better food/drink with my entertainment and not be bothered by strangers who may lack theater manners.

With the advent of more technology like 3D, the interactive seats, bigger screens, better picture, etc, I hate to say but I think the bullshit will last because people will continue to pay for it.

dude ... popcorn and pop aside ... where else can you go out of your home to be entertained for like $12 for 2 hours? ...

I see your point. But, I guess for me personally it's only a movie... Of course a concert or a sporting event might cost more money, but in my opinion, that's far more entertaining that watching a movie on a huge screen with a huge sound system. I guess it's all relative to the individual, where as I'd rather sacrifice the commodity of larger screens and bigger speakers for my own couch and comfort of my living room.

Having said that, I guess I've never really been enamored by watching a movie in the theaters to begin with. I think it probablyc omes down to the fact that the type of movies I prefer to watch aren't better seen in theaters.
    plus you can stop the movie if need be.

and we cant forget its easier to watch in your underwear when you are at home. When you are out people look at you funny when you want to get "comfortable". I dont see what the big deal is.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Is it more of a bar that has a movie theater? I don't think I'd make my movie if I went there. :lol:

i thought it was like 20 bucks for a seat...now that i have seen the pricing, i want to go check it out...

I wonder if you have to buy a movie ticket before you're allowed in the lobby?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Is it more of a bar that has a movie theater? I don't think I'd make my movie if I went there. :lol:

i thought it was like 20 bucks for a seat...now that i have seen the pricing, i want to go check it out...

i would guess so....or at least they have a ticket checker....

more importantly...i wonder if you can sneak in to do a double feature
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mickeyrat wrote:
    and we cant forget its easier to watch in your underwear when you are at home. When you are out people look at you funny when you want to get "comfortable". I dont see what the big deal is.

Me neither! God forbid a grown man wants to stretch out and watch a flick in his drawers. :roll: :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

the theater that i've been to has it's bar placed before you give your ticket so you don't need a ticket to go to the bar
    norm wrote:
    the theater that i've been to has it's bar placed before you give your ticket so you don't need a ticket to go to the bar

This is why movies in Utah suck.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

This is why movies in Utah suck.

:lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I heard on the news they now have cameras on the movie theatre patrons :shock:
    trying to catch those illegally filming the film ... oh geez

no more popcorn trick ... what is this world coming to?

:corn:
    pandora wrote:

It's like a giant version of the telescreen.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    pandora wrote:

what in the world is the popcorn trick?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    StillHere wrote:
    pandora wrote:

hopefully #3

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... corn+trick
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    StillHere wrote:
    pandora wrote:

zl991f.gif
    :lol::lol::lol:

oh! THAT popcorn trick :oops: :shock: heheheeee
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    we don't have that ...that i know of
    maybe in the RAVE..not sure
    but we do have THIS:

great idea?

http://movietavern.com/breakfast-and-a-flick/

_2012-05-02_18-18-49.png
    peace,
    jo

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    We don't usually go to the movies for the reasons OP described. We used to go to the drive in until they decided that a new state of the art emergency facility was more important.

I did find out there is a place here like the one 81 described, but it's 21+ ONLY. Beer, wine, AND dinner...sandwiches, burgers, pizza, appetizers, breakfast on Sundays. Not bad, $12/ticket and the food isn't any more than at a bar.

http://cinebarre.com/

They used to have one like it before, but kids were allowed, they were really annoying during the movie so we never went back. I'll have to check the new one out.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    My FAVORITE place to see a movie is the Franklin Institute
    although i only get there for VERY special showings
    Like PJ20...it was excellent...all encompassing

except geez if you do a little doobie on your way in
    be prepared to be WAY disoriented
    holy cow!

http://www2.fi.edu/theater/imax/theater-info.php
    peace,
    jo