Options

For Sale - Eddie Vedder 2003 Mexico wrestling mask in frame

13»

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,548
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Ok I'm starting the research on the legal issues with raffles and paypal etc and will update ASAP

Anyone with advice please contact me too - would be very welcome

I hate to volunteer her, but GivenToLukinKP (Kelly) may know a little about this. Shoot her a PM....tell her Rob sent you :lol:

one thing about Paypal....they likes their fees :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Hi Paul.

Any news on if or when this will become a raffle?
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    it's ok for paypal to like their fees. they do a job, they should get paid.

couple of questions this brings up for me: some of this is just thinking scenarios through and brainstorming. i am actually in the position of being the third party in the sale of some similar big-ticket historic items, so i'm totally :corn:

is the total of fees for (let's say) 100 payments @ $10 each the same amount as it would be for a single payment of $1000?

i'm guessing the seller would want to either a) sell a couple more tickets than the total of the target price, ie 1600 worth of tickets for a 1500 item to cover fees, b) have everyone add the fee amount to their ticket, ie $26.25 for a $25 ticket, or c)figure in the fees when considering the asking price.

i do see the possibility of someone getting pissed if they don't win and trying to file a paypal claim. that would suck. i suppose they could be called out if that happened...

you've eliminated one problem by having paul as the third party for the transaction, as i think his trustworthiness is unimpeachable at this point. so, the money is not going straight to the seller until the deal is completed on the up and up.

have raffles been done in here before? how does ADMIN feel about them? has there ever been any input from them?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    dangerboy wrote:
    it's ok for paypal to like their fees. they do a job, they should get paid.

couple of questions this brings up for me: some of this is just thinking scenarios through and brainstorming. i am actually in the position of being the third party in the sale of some similar big-ticket historic items, so i'm totally :corn:

is the total of fees for (let's say) 100 payments @ $10 each the same amount as it would be for a single payment of $1000?

i'm guessing the seller would want to either a) sell a couple more tickets than the total of the target price, ie 1600 worth of tickets for a 1500 item to cover fees, b) have everyone add the fee amount to their ticket, ie $26.25 for a $25 ticket, or c)figure in the fees when considering the asking price.

i do see the possibility of someone getting pissed if they don't win and trying to file a paypal claim. that would suck. i suppose they could be called out if that happened...

you've eliminated one problem by having paul as the third party for the transaction, as i think his trustworthiness is unimpeachable at this point. so, the money is not going straight to the seller until the deal is completed on the up and up.

have raffles been done in here before? how does ADMIN feel about them? has there ever been any input from them?

All excellent points Jimmy, and one of the reasons amoungst many this hasnt gone live yet.

There are huge questions over running raffles internationally too.....so if it happens it may have to be USA only which would suck for all who wanted to enter overseas, although they could perhaps have a raffle buddy in the states.

I promise i'll be back soon, I'll touch base with Kat too and ask her if there are any objections. I dont mind putting the work in if this can happen, not at all, but there are a number of grey areas we must investigate fully before committing to this.

As much as I would personally love to enter myself, I assure you all that I wouldnt do that, it would be wholly wrong, and i would stand well aside to make the process fully transparent, legit, and 100% honest.

For now Im onto the smaller details.....

back soon....
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,523
    Thanks for the update Paul, keep my fingers crossed :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    After several discussions with the owner of this piece and as a result of both of our research it has been decided a raffle is simply not viable. The red tape around doing such a thing is hideous, and there are way too many grey areas to think it can suceed. It would only take one complaint and attempt for a refund and it would all come crashing down. There are also several 'legal issues' that cannot be navigated

so sorry to ruin the excitement, this would have been a lot of fun to run but it wont work out on this occasion.

So its really only there if there is a single buyer for it. If you have an offer please feel free
  • Options
    raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    81 wrote:
    how many of you, if you were to win it, would open up the frame and put it on?

I did try this on! The dude that had this mask was in Italy for the Pistoia show. He brought it with him from Mexico and was telling us the story and then let us put it on. I should have offered him a few c-notes for it back then.

Definitely a cool piece to own. Good luck to whoever is interested.

man o man ...glad you did not offer anything for it.

this mask went form eddie's hands to mine and after I got home straight to this very frame I picked out for it along with some photos from show and my ticket stub of show. He threw it in my direction durring In Hiding at Monterey show.

Mask you are talking about is definetly not this one. And I really doubt it went anywhere else between me , guy who bought it and now current owner.
  • Options
    raystrey wrote:
    81 wrote:
    how many of you, if you were to win it, would open up the frame and put it on?

I did try this on! The dude that had this mask was in Italy for the Pistoia show. He brought it with him from Mexico and was telling us the story and then let us put it on. I should have offered him a few c-notes for it back then.

Definitely a cool piece to own. Good luck to whoever is interested.

man o man ...glad you did not offer anything for it.

this mask went form eddie's hands to mine and after I got home straight to this very frame I picked out for it along with some photos from show and my ticket stub of show. He threw it in my direction durring In Hiding at Monterey show.

Mask you are talking about is definetly not this one. And I really doubt it went anywhere else between me , guy who bought it and now current owner.

wow that is really cool to know
  • Options
    raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    edited May 2012
    dsc01305z.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

just to shed some light on this item since I see a couple mistakes on listing

mask was thrown on stage durring encore break at the 2005 monterrey show not 2003 shows.

as Ed came out he picked it up and wore it for first maybe 30 seconds of In Hidding and then flung it back into crowd.Nowhere near fan who initially threw it on stage.

I caught it and since it was a general admission show people were trying to jank it from me so I stuffed it down my shirt.

I then flew to Mexico city for other shows and back to Juarez mexico. Once I got back I went to a local flea market and ran accross this frame that fit it perfectly.

Over years I hav heard of other fans claiming they have this mask etc etc. This mask is of mexican wrestler DR.Wagner and you can pretty mych buy one anywhere so I can see how people would try to rip off others by trying to pass it of as this mask.
    Post edited by raystrey on
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,601
    pdalowsky wrote:
    After several discussions with the owner of this piece and as a result of both of our research it has been decided a raffle is simply not viable. The red tape around doing such a thing is hideous, and there are way too many grey areas to think it can suceed. It would only take one complaint and attempt for a refund and it would all come crashing down. There are also several 'legal issues' that cannot be navigated

so sorry to ruin the excitement, this would have been a lot of fun to run but it wont work out on this occasion.

So its really only there if there is a single buyer for it. If you have an offer please feel free

Paul, what about doing things the old school way? Have people mail cash in, to one location for this side of the pond and one location over there for that side of the pond? A list can be compiled, tickets can be issued and a raffle can take place.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Chrisilein wrote:
    What a great idea...count me in!!! :D
    I would prefer to make the raffle seperately...only the mask first!

I would do this too, count me in ;)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    pdalowsky wrote:

Oh, I just saw this post :cry:
    I totally understand, no problem Paul , thanks for trying to working this thing out.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,548
    pdalowsky wrote:

oh, alright.....I'll give you $25 and you can keep the frame ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

oh, alright.....I'll give you $25 and you can keep the frame ;)

:lol:
  • Options
    still there
  • Options
    last bump here for this