Options

Official Dallas/FW area fan thread: Get-together on 3/23

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,924
    Better Dan wrote:
    I think I'm still drunk! :crazy: :crazy: :lol:

It was a great time!! Definitely great to see everyone again and meet some new friends. Thanks again for having us over Mike!
    Looks like everyone had fun...

COOL!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Umm Drunk & Drunker & vinyl ;). Wish you were there
    Aw, me too! Sounds like a good time :mrgreen:

Do-over in Atlanta, maybe? Holding steady at 70% :D
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    any good stories? :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Ask Better Dan, he had some good stories ;).

81 wrote:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404

81 wrote:

I think Robley dancing his ass off takes the cake. :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    mfc2006 wrote:

81 wrote:

Video, please :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Dancing and drinking don't mix well :(.
    mfc2006 wrote:

81 wrote:

• Options
    majleap3majleap3 Posts: 208
    It was great to meet everyone. I've always wanted to sit and talk PJ with other folks and it was really cool to finally do that. Thanks for making the new guy and his girl feel very welcome!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    majleap3 wrote:
    It was great to meet everyone. I've always wanted to sit and talk PJ with other folks and it was really cool to finally do that. Thanks for making the new guy and his girl feel very welcome!

Really happy you two could make it and it was great meeting you as well! Can't wait for the next one! Before these meetups it seemed like we would have to travel to shows to find people who love and are as passionate about the band's music as much as we are, but we have a very strong contingent of hard core fans here in the DFW area!

As we meet and talk about PJ, we find out we have other things in common, whether it be sports, other bands, tv shows, etc so the discussions are always pretty varied before going back to the music of the greatest band in the world. :D Nothing like talking about PJ's music with a group of people that "gets them" as much as you do.

By the way, what was that band you told me to check out? I can't remember the name. Also, were there any boots you needed? I have several I can burn for you.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    majleap3 wrote:

Really happy you two could make it and it was great meeting you as well! Can't wait for the next one! Before these meetups it seemed like we would have to travel to shows to find people who love and are as passionate about the band's music as much as we are, but we have a very strong contingent of hard core fans here in the DFW area!

As we meet and talk about PJ, we find out we have other things in common, whether it be sports, other bands, tv shows, etc so the discussions are always pretty varied before going back to the music of the greatest band in the world. :D Nothing like talking about PJ's music with a group of people that "gets them" as much as you do.

By the way, what was that band you told me to check out? I can't remember the name. Also, were there any boots you needed? I have several I can burn for you.

Black Joe Lewis and the Honey Bears. They will be here pretty soon, i need to look and see. I appreciate the boot offer. I'm on a very specific boot mission...I have all of the European boots from 2000 because I lived there at the time, but I only have a few of the American shows. I'm always checking the used sections of stores (Forever Young here is great, Waterloo in Austin is amazing). i know I could order them on line, but there is something really cool and youthful about walking into a store and finding that gray cardboard package.

Thanks for being so friendly the other night, I didn't get to talk a lot of PJ with your end of the table but we should get together soon! Did you say you were going to Atlanta?
  • Options
    majleap3 wrote:

Thanks for being so friendly the other night, I didn't get to talk a lot of PJ with your end of the table but we should get together soon! Did you say you were going to Atlanta?

I can't make it to Atlanta, but Robley (White Discussion) is going.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    As Kurt said, 'I think I'm dumb". We bought tickets for Atlanta yesterday, totally forgetting that my buddy's wedding is that day in San Antonio. We are figuring out a way to maybe get to Pensacola. Seeing as how the whole month of September is open for them, I'm certain they will play some warm up shows before these festivals, nothing's warmer than Texas! Sorry Robley, we were looking forward to hanging out with ya there.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Bump! Changed the title to make this an official running thread for all DFW area fans.

Also, saw this earlier and wanted to include it in here, I bet a few of us would love to come watch!
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=189839
  • Options
    MC170228MC170228 Posts: 36
    When can the Dallas fans get together again? I am super disappointed I missed it and 100% want to be a part of the next one!!!
  • Options
    Mike (themessenger) & I talked about maybe going to a Frisco minor league game...that could be a good time. Or we could just all meet up at his place & watch Robley dance again. :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I hate you Cluthe!!!!! ;).

mfc2006 wrote:
    Mike (themessenger) & I talked about maybe going to a Frisco minor league game...that could be a good time. Or we could just all meet up at his place & watch Robley dance again. :lol:
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    mfc2006 wrote:

:lol:

There was an event planned before the Ed concert was meant to take place. I imagine there will be another event prior to his show in November.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    Just teasing you, buddy! Ha!

mfc2006 wrote:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    No worries I'm sure the next time we are hammered and music is playing the dancing will continue :D. I really wanted to go check out the PJ band today but the kid & Avengers interferred :)
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Just teasing you, buddy! Ha!

mfc2006 wrote:
  • Options
    In case anyone in DFW is interested in a PJ cover band, we have one this Friday night at the Dallas House of Blues.

The Seattle Scene - 90's Rock Show featuring Pearl Gem, Alyson Chayns, and Afterlife

Friday 08/03/2012
    Doors: 08:00 PM
    Show: 09:00 PM
    Prices:
    $5.00 - 4-Pack GA (per ticket)
    $10.00 - Advance - GA/Standing Room
    $12.00 - Day of Event - GA/Standing Room
    Ages: all

http://www.houseofblues.com/tickets/eve ... ntid=76121

Our local 10 clubber MC170228 is the drummer in the band so come out and support him!

Maybe we'll actually get the real thing one of these years right?
  • Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    Hate I'm gonna miss the HOB show, gotta go to Austin this week for a wedding. Let me know when the next DFW get together is and I'll be there for that.

Anyone else from Dallas going to Missoula?
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• Options
    jomary wrote:
    Hate I'm gonna miss the HOB show, gotta go to Austin this week for a wedding. Let me know when the next DFW get together is and I'll be there for that.

Anyone else from Dallas going to Missoula?

I'm going to go, and I think Better Dan is too. Shoot me a PM and let me know what your plans are, I'm trying to set all my plans up in the next 2 weeks.
  • Options
    I'd like to set a date for another meet and hang out. Any ideas? I was thinking Saturday night, August 25th, maybe in Addison? That should be far enough in advance for most of you guys to get plans figured out. Let me know what you think!
  • Options
    I'd like to set a date for another meet and hang out. Any ideas? I was thinking Saturday night, August 25th, maybe in Addison? That should be far enough in advance for most of you guys to get plans figured out. Let me know what you think!

I MIGHT be out of town that wekend....any way we can do the week before or after? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    I MIGHT be out of town that wekend....any way we can do the week before or after? :mrgreen:

Same here! I'm free before and after the 25th.
    In case anyone in DFW is interested in a PJ cover band, we have one this Friday night at the Dallas House of Blues.

The Seattle Scene - 90's Rock Show featuring Pearl Gem, Alyson Chayns, and Afterlife

Friday 08/03/2012
    Doors: 08:00 PM
    Show: 09:00 PM
    Prices:
    $5.00 - 4-Pack GA (per ticket)
    $10.00 - Advance - GA/Standing Room
    $12.00 - Day of Event - GA/Standing Room
    Ages: all

http://www.houseofblues.com/tickets/eve ... ntid=76121

Our local 10 clubber MC170228 is the drummer in the band so come out and support him!

This band puts on a great show! I'm sad I can't make it, but I recommend y'all go. :D
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410

Out of town that Saturday as well as labor day weekend :cry:
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• Options
    Have a beer for me! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    MC170228MC170228 Posts: 36
    Well I definitely want to get together. Anytime! As far as This Friday at HOB, I had extra tickets to give away to as many people who want to come. PM or call me and I will get them to you. I appreciate any and all who decide to come out. 214-808-5288 is my number. I'll be there at 5 and some of the guy's lades will be handing out tickets at Dick's Last Resort as well. I love you guys even though I had not had the privilege of meeting anyone but Drivingirl. Please, if you do come out, say hi. Your opinion matters to me and I want to meet the Dallas fans anyway.

Matt
  • Options
    Yes, let's meet up this month before y'all go to Deluna fest. That way I don't have to hear about how awesome it was when you get back. :(

Next!"
  • Options
    Ok guys....just wanted to throw 2 dates out there for doing our next big DFW get-together!

Sept 8 or Sept 15. Both are Saturdays, and right before the Deluna, ATL, and Missoula shows.

What does everyone think? If I can get a few responses, I'll work at getting a place and time put together. :D