Options

Official Dallas/FW area fan thread: Get-together on 3/23

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    drivingrl wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    is it Saturday yet? this week is driving me f'n crazy!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I cannot believe tomorrow's only Wednesday.

I know!! This week has been hellish...partly because it's dragging so much!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    edibervan wrote:
    Have a drink on the friends a little too far to attend, guys!
    ;)

I'll see you in Pensacola buddy!

I wish I could go to both of these!
  • Options
    Im gonna try and make it but I have some prior plans and Im not sure when ill be finished with all that. Be nice to meet some like minded folks in the area though.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Im gonna try and make it but I have some prior plans and Im not sure when ill be finished with all that. Be nice to meet some like minded folks in the area though.

Hope you can make it out!
  • Options
    Thursday bump!!

81...you still driving from Chicago? :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    edibervan wrote:
    Have a drink on the friends a little too far to attend, guys!
    ;)

I'll see you in Pensacola buddy!

I wish I could go to both of these!

Do it! Northpark and Galleria are calling your name.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

:thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    8-)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Exchanged some PM's with majleap3 yesterday, and he said he's going to really try to make it too. :D

Happy Friday Bump!
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

How about ya'll come to Austin!! :D
  • Options
    majleap3majleap3 Posts: 208
    Hey all, I'm new here but not new to PJ. Thanks to MFC2006 and TheMessenger for the invite, it looks like I'll be able to make it! Is there a dress code? I'll be a PJ homer and wear a PJ shirt since I won't know anybody. See everyone there!
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    majleap3 wrote:
    Hey all, I'm new here but not new to PJ. Thanks to MFC2006 and TheMessenger for the invite, it looks like I'll be able to make it! Is there a dress code? I'll be a PJ homer and wear a PJ shirt since I won't know anybody. See everyone there!

No dress code - it's a casual place, but clothing of some type is required. :D
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    How about ya'll come to Austin!! :D

Aww, yeah! I would like to go to an Austin meetup sometime. That would be fun.
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    drivingrl wrote:
    majleap3 wrote:

Haha thanks for making that distinction of clothes not optional! :lol:
    Just talked to another guy who will be coming out as well. Starting to look like a big crowd! :thumbup:
  • Options
    drivingrl wrote:
    majleap3 wrote:

Just talked to another guy who will be coming out as well. Starting to look like a big crowd! :thumbup:

A big crowd really makes me want to go! :(
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    You guys put this on the Facebook group too right?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I'll see if I can get my prince to head over to Big D with me. I'll wear my tiara or some other Who regalia. :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    You guys put this on the Facebook group too right?

Yeah I think Matt put it up a few weeks ago.I sent April a message yesterday telling her about the meetup since I'm not sure how often she reads the boards or checks the group. I'll contact Jon as well..not sure if he knows about it.
  • Options

I'm just sayin'. I don't think anyone here wants to be labeled as the Pearl Jam group that got kicked out of a bar for lacking in clothing. :lol:

Next!"
  • Options
    betterday52betterday52 Posts: 204
    Hi majleap3,

We don''t live too far from each other. maybe 20 minutes. Can't make it to dallas, got 6 stitches under right knee, maybe next time. we can have a mini meet up at Hulen Mall at BJ's :-)

Gonna try Austin again in Nov :-) caue we all know what happened in April in Austin. Be there Nov 9-11. This gives me a chance to get a better hotel :-)

Peace
    Shannon

Drop Love, not Bombs
    our future is paved with better days

EV Austin Nov 9 &11 2012
    EPIC Wrigley 7/19/2013 who could ever forget that date :-) my first PJ
    Dallas 11/15/2013
    OKC 11/16/2013
    Seattle 2 hopefully?!
  • Options
    majleap3majleap3 Posts: 208
    I appreciate the invite and I look forward to meeting everybody.

On a different note, I was talking to my girlfriend (who didn't really get PJ until we started dating the day Backspacer came out :) ) earlier and I got a phone call from a 360 area code. I said I don't know that area code so she looked it up and it is from outside Seattle! Did I miss a call from somebody important?
  • Options
    it's about that time.....
    8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Leaving my house now man, got that bottle of red wine & some McLusky vinyl. Let's do this!!!
    mfc2006 wrote:
    it's about that time.....
    8-)
  • Options
    Leaving my house now man, got that bottle of red wine & some McLusky vinyl. Let's do this!!!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    :wave: :wave:

Waiting for a full report :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Good times boys!!!! Sorry we missed a few folks that had left already. There is not a funnier drunk guy than Better Dan & my Carlton dancing from the Fresh Prince is terrible ;) . Mike you are so tall, a freakin giant!!!

40506325.jpg
    A couple of us in the Dallas area have been talking about meeting up again to have a few drinks and discuss all things Pearl Jam (and anything else). Since the Eddie shows have been pushed back, we thought it would be good to get to know more people in the area that have the same addiction we do haha. Last year's was in August and miserably hot so hopefully we have some great weather because this place has a great patio, and my friend Leslie (carmenere on the boards) knows a few people that run the place and we could reserve a table or spot on the patio.

Here's the link to the one we had last year before the PJ20 weekend, which was a lot of fun: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=163728&hilit=dallas

So spread the word everyone and let me know if you're coming!

Details:

What: Dallas Area Pearl Jam Fan Gathering
    When: Saturday, May 12, 2012
    Time: 6:00 P.M. - ????
    Where: Trinity Hall @ Mockingbird Station
    5321 Mockingbird Lane
    Dallas, TX 75206
    http://www.trinityhall.tv/

Attendees:
    Themessenger (Mike)
    MFC2006 (Matt)
    Better Dan (Daniel)
    White Discussion (Robley)
    Carmenere
    drivingrl
    Flagg
    SarahLou
    territamu (maybe)
  • Options
    Umm Drunk & Drunker & vinyl ;). Wish you were there

Suziemay wrote:
    :wave: :wave:

Waiting for a full report :mrgreen:
  • Options
    i just woke up
    :D

good times, indeed. BIG thanks to Mike for hosting & having all of us idiots over. :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I think I'm still drunk! :crazy: :crazy: :lol:

It was a great time!! Definitely great to see everyone again and meet some new friends. Thanks again for having us over Mike!