Options

The Mullet speaks

HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Last night was Werchter, the end of my seven shows of the tour- after Munich, Chorzow, London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, and Nijmegen. Now, I'm in Amsterdam, preparing for the long trip home, alone.

A most wonderful journey that began back in Janusary when I figured I missed my friends from the Aussie tour, and just had to go to Melbourne to see everyone. A trip in which Emily and Tanya said, y'know Hinny, let's go to Europe. A few recommendations from Gitta and thousands of clicks of the mouse during the 10c sales later, and we're off- Hinny's first trip to Europe. It seems like ancient history now. 5 months of doing little other than refining my overly-cautious travel plans.

I would not be going on this trip if I didn't enjoy the Aussie tour so damn much, to the point where I enjoyed the company of my friends moreso than the shows. And I fucking love the shows. I needed that feeling again, to be amongst family. And this time, a family unhindered by them friggin seats that separate us at the shows- my first GA PJ shows.

Everyone has talked at length about the shows. I won't say much more on them- interactions with the band, getting memorabilia... others have better stories to tell.

Apologies in advance if your name isn't mentioned here- I'm cleaning out the mini-bar in the hotel room and this bottle of wine. There's only so much I can cover before my head explodes from remembering every last person.

Jason- Mr Van guy, you arsehole, you lied to me! I would hate you if you didn't give me that last dvd and allowed me to put a face to all these people I was gonna meet. Oh, ok, no, I wouldn't hate you, but holy shit that was a huge surprise when I saw you at Wombats.

Pin-The mother hen to a lost chook, just the person I needed when I landed in Munich sans backpack. I did not need this start, and I would've gone mad before it even started if you didn't come along. We'd never met before and you took me under your wing right away. Cheers for that. Tell young Marto to take care of his tambo, or I'm gonna have to fly over and break in and take it away.

Babs- The rockingest girl in the world. Hanging back on the sides or up front and centre, whereever I see you, you just have this aura about you that just drives us on. Goddamn I get tired when I try to do them air drum solos, or all those other things that gets my body to scream abuse at me head, but I take a look your way and bam, I'm ready for more. You're the mobile petrol refuelling tanker to my truck over this trip. Without you, Jason would've been right- I wouldn't have lasted.

Marit, Sandra- I was born without the organisation gene, so the things you guys do just absolutely astound me. Especially Marit. Jeez, going on tour AND studying at the same time? <Insert joke about German efficiency>. Hope the drive from Leuven back home went smoother than the drive out from Werchter.

Rob, Carlos, Pablo, Lleandro, Oscar, Stian- have a drink I'm buyin'. Will pay you guys for them next time around. That's if we can fine Carlos, of course.

Sid, Niko, and the Croation crew- no disrespect to the other European nations, but it's you lot who have most impressed me, and this is after all the trouble Bartek and the Poles have gone to organising the buses. If Babs is the gas tanker to my truck, then Sid is the mixed tape. Yeah, the truck needs the petrol, but it'd be a bloody shit drive without the mixed tape to entertain me.

Jeff, thanks for them Poland tix. I'm indebted forever.

Michael, Randallanddarcy, Tan, Em, and all other Aussies- bloody hell, I ran away from Australia so I can hear people talk funny. GERRUP!!!!

Lyons, Amy, Liam, Mick+Lori, Cali people, Calgary, Steph- bugger off back to the states, you guys get enough already. Nah, y'all alright.

You'd think from looking at the boards that it seems like PJ fans would be a big sausage fest, wouldn't you? But no. Orsi, Einat, Emmi, Maria, Marina, Aija, Kristina, Helen, Mirella, Jenny

Swedo= see ya back in Oz, mate. Fancy seeing you again in Lonon of all places

RM guys- I'll save it for RM.

I really don't mean to leave out anyone. If I did, hey, my shout.

More to come, I guess.
Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    To make this a lot easier.

The best people-
    The crews at Wombats hostel bar and Hofbrauhaus at Munich, the international bus and the beer garden in Chorzow, Waxy O'Connors and The Green Man in London, the Uerige and all who slept at Backpackers Dusseldorf (I reckon they should still refund me for giving them so much free promotion), the Scotish pub in Copenhagen, everyone who had a balloon at Nijmegen, and those who made that last journey through to Werchter.

I miss you all already.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Congrats dude! so glad you could reprisent the aussie fans who longed to do this trip but could not afford!

have a safe trip home, and we'll chat when you get back.

take care,
    peace,
    megan
    I'd rather be with an animal.
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Awwwwww, Hinny :o:)
    This was fucking awesome. from the heart.
    I still havent done my end of tour post, blog or whatever...im trying to
    find the right words and right time, I want it to make sanse...
    but this is so beautiful. Im so glad we've met.
    And yes, Ill see you on the next tour. where and when, who know? but
    you bet we're all gonna be there.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    cheers hinny, have a good one, and stay in touch. it was a blast hanging out with you at these shows :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    aww Hinny!!

beautiful post. :)

I am forever grateful of the fact that you went all the way back to London to get me my Pearl Jam hoodie back!! ;) seriously, thank you a million times!!!!!!!

ohh, what else.. can't rememeber now.

it was so special to meet you. I basically had very little idea on who you were before London but when I did meet you.. your excitement of being there and meeting all the people was just heartwarming. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Hinny wrote:
    Last night was Werchter, the end of my seven shows of the tour- after Munich, Chorzow, London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, and Nijmegen. Now, I'm in Amsterdam, preparing for the long trip home, alone.

A most wonderful journey that began back in Janusary when I figured I missed my friends from the Aussie tour, and just had to go to Melbourne to see everyone. A trip in which Emily and Tanya said, y'know Hinny, let's go to Europe. A few recommendations from Gitta and thousands of clicks of the mouse during the 10c sales later, and we're off- Hinny's first trip to Europe. It seems like ancient history now. 5 months of doing little other than refining my overly-cautious travel plans.

I would not be going on this trip if I didn't enjoy the Aussie tour so damn much, to the point where I enjoyed the company of my friends moreso than the shows. And I fucking love the shows. I needed that feeling again, to be amongst family. And this time, a family unhindered by them friggin seats that separate us at the shows- my first GA PJ shows.

Everyone has talked at length about the shows. I won't say much more on them- interactions with the band, getting memorabilia... others have better stories to tell.

Apologies in advance if your name isn't mentioned here- I'm cleaning out the mini-bar in the hotel room and this bottle of wine. There's only so much I can cover before my head explodes from remembering every last person.

Jason- Mr Van guy, you arsehole, you lied to me! I would hate you if you didn't give me that last dvd and allowed me to put a face to all these people I was gonna meet. Oh, ok, no, I wouldn't hate you, but holy shit that was a huge surprise when I saw you at Wombats.

Pin-The mother hen to a lost chook, just the person I needed when I landed in Munich sans backpack. I did not need this start, and I would've gone mad before it even started if you didn't come along. We'd never met before and you took me under your wing right away. Cheers for that. Tell young Marto to take care of his tambo, or I'm gonna have to fly over and break in and take it away.

Babs- The rockingest girl in the world. Hanging back on the sides or up front and centre, whereever I see you, you just have this aura about you that just drives us on. Goddamn I get tired when I try to do them air drum solos, or all those other things that gets my body to scream abuse at me head, but I take a look your way and bam, I'm ready for more. You're the mobile petrol refuelling tanker to my truck over this trip. Without you, Jason would've been right- I wouldn't have lasted.

Marit, Sandra- I was born without the organisation gene, so the things you guys do just absolutely astound me. Especially Marit. Jeez, going on tour AND studying at the same time? <Insert joke about German efficiency>. Hope the drive from Leuven back home went smoother than the drive out from Werchter.

Rob, Carlos, Pablo, Lleandro, Oscar, Stian- have a drink I'm buyin'. Will pay you guys for them next time around. That's if we can fine Carlos, of course.

Sid, Niko, and the Croation crew- no disrespect to the other European nations, but it's you lot who have most impressed me, and this is after all the trouble Bartek and the Poles have gone to organising the buses. If Babs is the gas tanker to my truck, then Sid is the mixed tape. Yeah, the truck needs the petrol, but it'd be a bloody shit drive without the mixed tape to entertain me.

Jeff, thanks for them Poland tix. I'm indebted forever.

Michael, Randallanddarcy, Tan, Em, and all other Aussies- bloody hell, I ran away from Australia so I can hear people talk funny. GERRUP!!!!

Lyons, Amy, Liam, Mick+Lori, Cali people, Calgary, Steph- bugger off back to the states, you guys get enough already. Nah, y'all alright.

You'd think from looking at the boards that it seems like PJ fans would be a big sausage fest, wouldn't you? But no. Orsi, Einat, Emmi, Maria, Marina, Aija, Kristina, Helen, Mirella, Jenny

Swedo= see ya back in Oz, mate. Fancy seeing you again in Lonon of all places

RM guys- I'll save it for RM.

I really don't mean to leave out anyone. If I did, hey, my shout.

More to come, I guess.

Mr. Mullet man!! I was standing beside you with a friend. I was distracting Brandon Boyd from Incubus. You remember? You said you saw me on a video of the ETB last year!!

You're one hell of a funny Australian!!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    We did not meet long each time but it was a pleasure meeting you, and seeing the mullet and the flag and the big smile again :). And you're right about Barbara and Sid: they really add to the shows. Just look to your side or wherever they are enjoying themselves, and instant extra happiness is added :).
    And all other people. Good crowds, great travel, waiting, and celebrating company!

I hope your trip home is going well!

groetjes, and see you a next tour,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    Mirella wrote:
    We did not meet long each time but it was a pleasure meeting you, and seeing the mullet and the flag and the big smile again :). And you're right about Barbara and Sid: they really add to the shows. Just look to your side or wherever they are enjoying themselves, and instant extra happiness is added :).
    And all other people. Good crowds, great travel, waiting, and celebrating company!

I hope your trip home is going well!

groetjes, and see you a next tour,
    I like you, too, my friend :)
  • Options
    Hey Hinn!
    you're awesome,the best air drum player!!!!!
    what to say,what to say.....
    it's been another great tour!!!!
    get a new mullet and come to chicago!!!!

Babs:)
    -missing you all-
  • Options
    Hey Hinn!

-missing you all-
    Babs!!! Miss you too so much.
    Got home safely?
  • Options
    Hey Hinn!

-missing you all-
    You got home well, Babs?? Nice seeing you again.

Cheers, Theo.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    cheers hinny, have a good one, and stay in touch. it was a blast hanging out with you at these shows :)
    Mike, youre home too???
    Gotta catch up with you on msn :)

And thank you so much for that text about the Werchter webcast.
    The result was a bunch of happy PJ fans and a huge thread of discussion and chat :)
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,015
    great post, i took a photo of you at wembley and let you in the que to get your green wrist band then saw you inthe line at nijmegen you are a legend in our town-mullet man -mullet maaaan isnt it something mullet man.
    keep on r.i.t.f.w
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    I miss you already, friend. Thanks for making my Copenhagen trip so incredible. Too bad I missed you at Werchter, my mobile phone didn't work there. Goddammit.

Have a very safe flight home!

I know I've already said this on RM, but hey, there can't be enough Hinny appreciation!
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    Thin HairThin Hair Posts: 67
    what a guy..........the mullet man will forever be known across europe. Safe trip home my friend. and one more thing....this is for you

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9552690@N04/?saved=1
    ' take 2 bottles into the shower?......not me, I've got no fucking hair!'

Wembley 00..Astoria 06..Albany 06..Hartford 06..Barcelona 06..Paris 06..Wembley 07..Dusseldorf 07..Nijmegen 07
  • Options
    Thin Hair wrote:
    what a guy..........the mullet man will forever be known across europe. Safe trip home my friend. and one more thing....this is for you

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9552690@N04/?saved=1
    Hehe, you were standing behind me in Nijmegen:) I recognised the Thin Hair polo's :)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    Hey Hinny!!!

I think we can speak for the Croatian crew when we say that we like you as well :D, with you bringing joy to us in the bus and in the line and at the shows whenever you appeared with your mullet! :D:D

Come and visit us in our beautiful country next time you come to Europe or we'll just see you on the next tour! :D

All the best,
    Mario&Iva
  • Options
    pajo wrote:
    Hey Hinny!!!

I think we can speak for the Croatian crew when we say that we like you as well :D, with you bringing joy to us in the bus and in the line and at the shows whenever you appeared with your mullet! :D

Come and visit us in our beautiful country next time you come to Europe or we'll just see you on the next tour! :D

All the best,
    Mario&Iva
    What they said!
    But I already told him sth like this, I think :o
    I actually told everyone, all the cool ppl to feel free to visit our country and us, and definitely let us know when they're around. everyones welcome here, but we'll treat you speacial if youre a PJ fan, hehe
    Anyhow, we all feel the same, so its pretty much understandable.
    Hinny has to visit us in Croatia. Hopefully next tour, or before that :D
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    hinny... I believe that mullet almost ended up on my head at one stage :eek: at least on my back anyway :o

It was brilliant meeting ya... you can stay in my house when they play 5 nights in Dublin next year :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Hahaha, 5 nights? :eek:
    Is that why Ed was laughing? :D

Can I invite myself too? :D:o
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,015
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    AHahaha, pics of the Mullet man are EVERYWHERE indeed!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Hahaha, 5 nights? :eek:
    Is that why Ed was laughing? :D

Can I invite myself too? :D:o
    Of course you can! I can squeeze maybe 50 people on my floor.

Yep, it may be why he was laughing... I asked him to let me know in advance when they're playing Dublin next year so I can kick my housemates out... and that I've room for the band and the entire crew.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Of course you can! I can squeeze maybe 50 people on my floor.

Yep, it may be why he was laughing... I asked him to let me know in advance when they're playing Dublin next year so I can kick my housemates out... and that I've room for the band and the entire crew.
    Woohoo! Cool, im there. Friend :D
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242

hey, I think I was right besides you when you took the other picture of yourself and a friend! :D

groetjes,
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    killroykillroy Posts: 739
    You're the MAN...the Mullet Man...
    It was nice meeting you and talking to you. We chatted in Munich and then in Chorzow in that beer garden (one of the cro people). You brought a great spirit and a lot of positive energy with you all the way from Australia. Thanks for that and see you somewhere on the next tour.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9134785@N03/579635083/in/set-72157600416660467/
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Did you get yer mullet back?! Oh how I missed it so in Copenhagen :D

You rock, Hin!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    It was great meeting you Hinny, Mullet Man!! :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Hey Hinny, was great meeting you.
    I was the english guy on the bus to Nijmegen (and chatted in Copenhagen).

So many people, so little time. Hope to see you all on another tour :D
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Damn right you are.

I propose we set a fund so that Hinn, Sid and Babs can be at EVERY PJ show that ever happens.
    We NEED them there, always :D

HAIL! HAIL!