Options

He's in the news! ...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lifted wrote:
    thirtybillsunpaid -

have you ever executed someone? and if not, do you think you could do it? why, or why not?

have you ever been in prison? where are these country club prisons for murderers and pedophiles that you speak of?

do you think it's POSSIBLE for a person to be wrongfully convicted of one of these crimes we are speaking of? how do you feel about killing innocent people?

do you have any idea how expensive it is to sentence someone to death? maybe if you did, you would re-think your stance on killing pedophiles (which unfortunately, there are MILLIONS of). or maybe you just think we should do away with due process? shoot 'em dead right in the courtroom maybe?

as you've already mentioned, these people are sick. some can and should be rehabilitated, some are beyond that. but for you to suggest that they should all be executed is absurd.

i don't think you've thought this through much.

....i think maybe we should go back to branding...for repeat sex crime offenders. there's a suggestion.

You sound pretty sympathetic towards our deviants. Do you share any empathy for the innocent kids? Have you ever had a child molested?

In answer to your question, if it's one of my kids... you bet your life I would be seeking to inflict a level of harm. I wouldn't be having too much sympathy for some freak destroying my child's innocence. You be the better person and take the scumbag out for a cup of coffee to 'understand them'.

I know of prisons and many (not all mind you) are much too cushy for my liking.

I've had this discussion already and I'm not going to have it again. I get it- I hate child molesters and you feel sorry for them: this makes you wise and enlightened and me a radical redneck that hasn't thought this through.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,663
    Lifted wrote:
    thirtybillsunpaid -

have you ever executed someone? and if not, do you think you could do it? why, or why not?

have you ever been in prison? where are these country club prisons for murderers and pedophiles that you speak of?

do you think it's POSSIBLE for a person to be wrongfully convicted of one of these crimes we are speaking of? how do you feel about killing innocent people?

do you have any idea how expensive it is to sentence someone to death? maybe if you did, you would re-think your stance on killing pedophiles (which unfortunately, there are MILLIONS of). or maybe you just think we should do away with due process? shoot 'em dead right in the courtroom maybe?

as you've already mentioned, these people are sick. some can and should be rehabilitated, some are beyond that. but for you to suggest that they should all be executed is absurd.

....i think maybe we should go back to branding...for repeat sex crime offenders. there's a suggestion.

You sound pretty sympathetic towards our deviants. Do you share any empathy for the innocent kids? Have you ever had a child molested?

In answer to your question, if it's one of my kids... you bet your life I would be seeking to inflict a level of harm. I wouldn't be having too much sympathy for some freak destroying my child's innocence. You be the better person and take the scumbag out for a cup of coffee to 'understand them'.

I've had this discussion already and I'm not going to have it again. I get it- I hate child molesters and you feel sorry for them: this makes you wise and enlightened and me a radical redneck that hasn't thought this through.

i'm not gonna try and prolong this discussion that you obviously feel like taking yourself out of, but fuck you. you deserve that.

and in fact, yes, i have a very close relative that was molested in the past year. 3 years old. i do anything in my power to protect her. it's a sick fucking world. but you are out of your mind if you think your ridiculous proposals are appropriate solutions.

that said. have a good day.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,899
    :wave: <-- that's me waving goodbye to this thread

:lol:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Stop skimming the posts and then posting.

Here's my position that has been developed through a reasonable discussion:

1. Tougher laws and sentencing. In some cases, execution is appropriate.

2. People so concerned with rehabilitation are very concerned for criminal's rights. They insist that rehabilitation works for some and for these... our efforts are worthwhile ("If one... just one gets rehabilitated then our job has been done!").

3. While social workers and the 'moral elite' give each other high fives for a job well done... they ignore the countless efforts where rehabilitation has not worked and innocent people have been impacted. Enter my position- one more concerned with victim's rights (both past and future).

This is where people like me insist that wet tissue treatment for our violent criminals that result in parole and leaves have significant potential to impact an innocent person and their family. For their benefit... I'm not inclined to promote in the slightest any ideology that would suggest we have a moral duty to extend compassion towards these people with violent criminal tendencies.

4. Why should we work so hard to ensure the criminal faction of our society should receive counselling, the best medical plans, best dental plans, hot meals, entertainment, etc. when so many honest, hard-working people have much less with so much more effort?
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    After researching a question in another thread about Ted I found this
    it is off topic for that thread on hunting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckgSVi7G_Qw

this has an interesting point to the born again idea of Nugent's past
    the debate ideas nearing the end

To answer the question though Ted seems to have come around to his past.
    Many celebrities have done similar. I hope he is owning it and learns on his path
    as we all try to do.
  • Options
    Lifted wrote:
    Lifted wrote:
    thirtybillsunpaid -

i'm not gonna try and prolong this discussion that you obviously feel like taking yourself out of, but fuck you. you deserve that.

and in fact, yes, i have a very close relative that was molested in the past year. 3 years old. i do anything in my power to protect her. it's a sick fucking world. but you are out of your mind if you think your ridiculous proposals are appropriate solutions.

that said. have a good day.

I deserve what? A 'fuck you'? Hearing a differing point of view and you feel the need to attack personally with veiled aggression. I guess that means you win? I won't even bother engaging in a back and forth on this level for this topic. And, I don't feel the need to disclose why I have strong feelings on this subject- it doesn't make my position any stronger or yours any weaker; however, trust me when I say we have all felt the impact of a predator.

I wouldn't say I'm 'out of my mind'- I am far from alone in feeling that society has gone too far recognizing the rights of criminals and that this has come at the expense of victim's rights.

When you say, "i do anything in my power to protect her" then wouldn't that mean you would subscribe to the notion of stricter laws and punishment for those inclined to hurt others? The point of view I present truly represents a will to protect your relative and others.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Horos wrote:
    Time to move this thread again. ;)

Since there already is a non-music thread for Ted Nugent in A Moving Train, we'll just close this one and point to that one. We don't need two. Thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=187740
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.