Huge spider attacks and eats tree snake

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
wow
that's some fucking spider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... d_U6obb9Ps

Ant Hadleigh, a kite-surfer from Cairns, Australia, went to visit a buddy in Freshwater, moseyed on out to his friend's backyard, and this was happening: a giant spider straight-up eating a snake. Watch in the video how the spider holds the snake aloft, and Hadleigh puts his hand RIGHT NEXT TO IT. Just in case you were running low on things to wake up screaming about, here's his description: "You could see the spider just chewing into it and the part which the spider was eating had gone all black and the insides were bubbling." He added that the previous day the spider had battled --and also devoured -- a wasp.
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :shock:
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,683
    Thats crazy
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    I don't even know if the word "hate" is strong enough for how much I detest spiders, but they are fascinating creatures. I will NOT be watching that video, however :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    I don't even know if the word "hate" is strong enough for how much I detest spiders, but they are fascinating creatures. I will NOT be watching that video, however :lol:

I think we are in the same boat. I am curious to watch, but I admit...I'm afraid to click the link :oops: :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    mysticweed wrote:
    wow
    that's some fucking spider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... d_U6obb9Ps

Ant Hadleigh, a kite-surfer from Cairns, Australia, went to visit a buddy in Freshwater, moseyed on out to his friend's backyard, and this was happening: a giant spider straight-up eating a snake. Watch in the video how the spider holds the snake aloft, and Hadleigh puts his hand RIGHT NEXT TO IT. Just in case you were running low on things to wake up screaming about, here's his description: "You could see the spider just chewing into it and the part which the spider was eating had gone all black and the insides were bubbling." He added that the previous day the spider had battled --and also devoured -- a wasp.
    :shock: :cry: If I saw that I'd probably run screaming out of the yard and all the way to the airport and get the fuck out of the country, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DocHinchyDocHinchy Posts: 125
    Yep, I`m really glad that dock spiders are the largest eight legged freaks we get up here!
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i take pics of golden orbs all the time. the first time i saw one i did think it seemed on the large size for a web spinner but then i remembered its the ones that hunt on the ground i should be weary of.

heres the spider that i found on my living room window saturday.

huntsman.jpg
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would it help any if i told you its harmless... and its on the outside of the window?

its not there anymore. i dont know where it is and i really dont care. out of sight... out of mind. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    I'm not sure if I got my point across, it cut off explanation points: ......HHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891

would it help any if i told you its harmless... and its on the outside of the window?

its not there anymore. i dont know where it is and i really dont care. out of sight... out of mind. 8-)
    If I saw that on my house and it disappeared and I didn't know where it went, I'd have to move or else never sleep again.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    i take pics of golden orbs all the time. the first time i saw one i did think it seemed on the large size for a web spinner but then i remembered its the ones that hunt on the ground i should be weary of.

huntsman.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

huntsman.jpg

47201083622AM_demotivational_posters_15.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    pfffttt... that's nothing....

I got bitten by a spider once... scary moments until I made sure I wasn't going to die... Bit of ice and I was back to work...

240px-Black_house_spider03.jpg

But I got him better than he got me... :lol:
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I got bitten by a spider once

What kind of superpowers did you get?
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    pjfan31 wrote:

Oh a few... but the real perks is hanging out with other superheroes...

Like, I've been on a few dates with Invisible Woman... she's pretty cool... fairly quiet though...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

Oh a few... but the real perks is hanging out with other superheroes...

Like, I've been on a few dates with Invisible Woman... she's pretty cool... fairly quiet though...

If you'd have said Wonder Woman I'd be impressed, but as it stands you disappoint me, this entire board, and your family name.
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Litetrally decided yestersay I was going to apply for a Visa and go to Oz to study horticulture for a few months Then i got to thinking... you get spiders and scoprions in Aussie Gardens..... And then I see this thread.... :shock: :shock: Im still going though!!

Saw too many of these things in guatemala, Cave spiders. HATE these guys!!!
    205723-Cave-spider-1.jpg

They used to hang about in the toilets on the back of the toilet doors...so you wouldn't know it was there untill your sat on the loo...defenseless :) never peed so fast in my life!!

Morning all
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    oh...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    That photo was taken in Cairns....4 hours north of where I live. I've seen heaps of snakes and spiders....but no snake-eating fucking spiders. :shock:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Maybe Stephen King was on to something with all his spider monsters.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    We are getting white tails often this year. Never seen so many.
    Killed a few the last few days, damn I hate them, they always bite.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Your spiders are so big they have tails? :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Your spiders are so big they have tails? :shock: :shock: :shock:

White tails yep. lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    wow.... thats scary :shock:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    not as scary as being over run by bugs cause pussy humans killed all the spiders. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I found this poor bugger dead in the backyard under an old rug.

022.jpg

023.jpg

I'll take some pic's of the spiders in the front yard. We got some big boopers :mrgreen:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthn ... amera.html

Eek, looks like the same sort of Spider.
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,840
    I can't watch it either. :O

I can play Skyrim with its gigantic creepy spiders who want to kill you but I can't tell you how many people with arachnophobia wanted the game developers to make them optional. I don't know if they were able to play the game or not. Spiders...::::shiver::::
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Kat wrote:
    I can't watch it either. :O

I can play Skyrim with its gigantic creepy spiders who want to kill you but I can't tell you how many people with arachnophobia wanted the game developers to make them optional. I don't know if they were able to play the game or not. Spiders...::::shiver::::
    If you have the PC version, there is a mod that let's you turn them into giant chickens.