Fair Well, PJ Forum

brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,697
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Dear PJ Forum Friends,

With much sadness I must tell you that I’ve decided to make this my last post on the Pearl Jam Forum. For the most part this has been an enriching, often educational experience but it’s time for me to move on. I’ve learned a lot here and I hope I’ve contributed something of value as well. And even though we’ve never met, in many ways I feel like I’ve gotten to know some of you quite well and I consider many of you my friends.

I’ve always tried to be honest and forthright here and tried to give a good deal of thought and consideration to what I’ve posted. I may not always be right and I may have inadvertently said some things that have offended some of you but I’ve always been honest and tried very hard to be considerate and respectful in my posts even when I’ve strongly disagreed with some of you. I won’t apologize for the disagreement but I do apologize for any misunderstandings.

I’ll maintain my 10 Club membership for now and check my PM’s from time to time. Some of you already have my email and mailing addresses and for those of you who would like to keep in touch that way, PM me and I’ll pass that information along. I truly do hope I can keep in touch with my friends here. Many of you have touched my life in ways that means very much to me.

Best wishes to you all.

Sincerely,

Brian
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I've always appreciated your contributions here. It's sad to see you go, but I wish the best of luck in everything.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :o :(
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    :sick:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i like your posts..i hope you come back...have fun to whatever you doing
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    oh no!
    i'm gonna miss you :(
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Brian,

You don't need to go anywhere. You're one of the good guys here.

Just step off that moving train for awhile. Don't let the stuff that happens there prevent you from conversing with friends.

If you do that, the terrorists win. ;)

Stick around, tomorrow's a new day, and it will be a good one.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    ^^^^ what he said

see, that's why i don't go there, not much

i can't take it

life is easier when its an all encompassing trip ;)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    :(
    Brian, you're a great guy. I will miss your thoughtful posts.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Hey man, fuck AMT. Don't let anything over there make you leave the entire site. It's mainly a bunch of people who are a little too easily impressed by their own intellect trying to convince people to see things their way, instead of having any sort of open discussion or give and take.

Just stick to the AET, Other Music, or a couple of Porch threads (Stone Gossard, Pearl Jam With Cats) and life is much more simple. And no matter what, you're going to offend somebody around here. Don't let that stop you. I left the boards once for 7 years or so, because I was getting tired of some of the bullshit. I think the last straw was somebody got "offended" by a thread about the video game Halo, because we were all "contributing to gun culture". :roll: Fuck 'em. Just keep posting. I for one enjoy your posts. The more people like you we lose the douchier it will get around here.

Besides, we can't afford to lose any Stones fans, the Stones thread is dead enough as it is and you're the only person on here I know of that knew who Bobby Keys was. If you offend somebody, just ask "What would Keith do?".

MOTH_keef_crop.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    the wolf wrote:
    Brian,

Just step off that moving train for awhile. Don't let the stuff that happens there prevent you from conversing with friends.

^^^This^^^
    Stick around Brian, there's no need to leave.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    A while ago, years, I did this (said goodbye) on another website and I never heard the end of it, they were brutal. There were 100 goodbye threads by the end of the day.

Glad this site is more compassionate!

Good luck to you
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    AzWicker wrote:
    A while ago, years, I did this (said goodbye) on another website and I never heard the end of it, they were brutal. There were 100 goodbye threads by the end of the day.

Glad this site is more compassionate!

Good luck to you
    :lol:

it's still early :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,437
    edited April 2012
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Just stick to the AET, Other Music, or a couple of Porch threads (Stone Gossard, Pearl Jam With Cats]
    +Mike McCready thread..
    and you are more than ok.. :thumbup:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959

Just stick to the AET, Other Music, or a couple of Porch threads (Stone Gossard, Pearl Jam With Cats]
    +Mike McCready thread..
    I gave up on AET a long time ago....

+Mike McCready thread..
    arent we at AET now? :)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    arent we at AET now? :)
    :fp:
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    :( I will miss ya Bri! Hope you reconsider. I try to stay away from AMT, gets too heated sometimes. :? Best of luck mate.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    :?:
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    This isn't the first time he's tried this. He'll be back. So, "...goodbye for now."
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    the wolf wrote:
    Brian,

yeah
    what he said
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    This isn't the first time he's tried this. He'll be back. So, "...goodbye for now."

Yeah, saying Farewell and then not going anywhere is totally lame. I'm sure nobody around here would EVER put up with that.

!C!uJl(!EGk~$(KGrHqUOKiUEzVwMyth3BNEPQDFURg~~0_35.JPG

"And The Academy Award For Drama Goes To.... The Who" ;)
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    brianlux wrote:
    Dear PJ Forum Friends,

With much sadness I must tell you that I’ve decided to make this my last post on the Pearl Jam Forum. For the most part this has been an enriching, often educational experience but it’s time for me to move on. I’ve learned a lot here and I hope I’ve contributed something of value as well. And even though we’ve never met, in many ways I feel like I’ve gotten to know some of you quite well and I consider many of you my friends.

I’ve always tried to be honest and forthright here and tried to give a good deal of thought and consideration to what I’ve posted. I may not always be right and I may have inadvertently said some things that have offended some of you but I’ve always been honest and tried very hard to be considerate and respectful in my posts even when I’ve strongly disagreed with some of you. I won’t apologize for the disagreement but I do apologize for any misunderstandings.

I’ll maintain my 10 Club membership for now and check my PM’s from time to time. Some of you already have my email and mailing addresses and for those of you who would like to keep in touch that way, PM me and I’ll pass that information along. I truly do hope I can keep in touch with my friends here. Many of you have touched my life in ways that means very much to me.

Best wishes to you all.

Sincerely,

Brian

Bugger Off!!!...hahaha
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,683
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    brianlux wrote:
    Dear PJ Forum Friends,

Best wishes to you all.

Sincerely,

Brian
    Brian you have said this numerous times and have remained
    so I think perhaps you can again.

Yes, I agree with others ... tomorrow is another day and if I may add ...
    love surrounds you it is at your beckon call! :D
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Yeah, saying Farewell and then not going anywhere is totally lame. I'm sure nobody around here would EVER put up with that.

!C!uJl(!EGk~$(KGrHqUOKiUEzVwMyth3BNEPQDFURg~~0_35.JPG

"And The Academy Award For Drama Goes To.... The Who" ;)

Thank God for that. I've seen them 15 times since then and they're still fucking AWESOME. :D

Brian, you need to treat this place for what it is, something to do when you're bored at work, don't take it too seriously. :lol:
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,739
    Why make a thread like this at all? Seems like you're just looking for a pity party. Its an online forum, just come and go as you please...
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    was it something I said? :cry:
This discussion has been closed.