Swan drowns man

2»

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,764
    81 wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    A swan will fuck you up.... :twisted:

:nono:

bring it on swan...i've got a 10.5 boot to shove up your ass.

see... this is what I'm thinking... a swan weight what? maybe 30 lbs?

I gotta think that my 225 lb frame and size 10 boot would severely fuck up a swan if it came to a do or die situation. :nono:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225
    I feel bad for the kids & family .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    from the tribune
    Hensley worked for North Barrington-based Knox Swan and Dog LLC, which places the birds at ponds to control large goose populations

:shock: :shock: :shock:

wow.

sucks that anybody has to die before old age gets to them.

to pearljambasba...please accept my condolances for your friends lost
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    shep wrote:
    81 wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    A swan will fuck you up.... :twisted:

:nono:

bring it on swan...i've got a 10.5 boot to shove up your ass.

see... this is what I'm thinking... a swan weight what? maybe 30 lbs?

I gotta think that my 225 lb frame and size 10 boot would severely fuck up a swan if it came to a do or die situation. :nono:

beak to tail they are about 5'...wingspan 10', 30lbs

ever get bit by a duck/goose? that hurts! Swans are pretty mean mofo's too.

poor guy...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Unfortunately this story hits too close to home for me. I'm deeply saddened and can't imagine what my friend is going through. I work and am friends with the with the wife of the man who drowned . If possible please donate. My heart goes out to you and your family Amy :(

Sorry and I apoligize for this thread and my participation in it. Sometimes the anonymity of the internet can make people, myself included, rather obtuse at times. I sincerely apoligize.

No worries. It was a very strange way to go. I just feel so bad for Amy and her family :(
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I blame bird-on-human violence in the media.

MV5BMTk3NTIzNTQxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDAwNzM2._V1._SY317_.jpg

MV5BMTQ0NDY5NDc4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTk1NjgxMQ@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

bmn_beaks.jpg

ladhhaade.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    This is a sad story... swans so lovely but really need to respect the large birds.
    A swan chased my young daughter years ago ... very scary very persistent.

They are very territorial especially this time of year ... a brood is about.
    The bird just protecting their family ...
    that's nature.

Deepest sympathies to his loved ones.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Lizard wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    just read that story on yahoo---crazy!!

i kept wondering if the swan was black. :?

why?
    a curb your enthusiasm story

I was thinkng Lynn Swan
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    They're jerks. One chased me all around a park once trying to bite me :(

we need a stand your ground law.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    So sad :( I'm so sorry again for your loss Dave. This shit is no joke, I was chased by a Canadian goose once and it was one of the scariest things that happened to me. I feel so bad for his family.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    81 wrote:

we need a stand your ground law.
    I wouldn't have hurt the swan, I don't even know why he started with me in the first place, I wasn't throwing bread or anything at him!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Jason P wrote:
    Stop looking at me swan.
    :lol::lol::lol:

i feel bad for laughing.. this really is sad and i feel bad for his family
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Such a strange story.
    I wondered about the water temperature. Could that have been a factor? I don't know much about it other than that the colder the water, the more likely people are to drown.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    Such a strange story.
    I wondered about the water temperature. Could that have been a factor? I don't know much about it other than that the colder the water, the more likely people are to drown.

This is because cold water is more likely to send the body into shock, and for most people once this happens its already too late.

Never really though about that aspect of it... having come from a very cold, watery climate, I'd guess that it was probably a factor... depending on the water temp around chicago this time of year...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    water would still be chilly.....not quite swimming weather yet. but how do you get knocked out of the kayak? such an odd story
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    I just wanted to chime in and give props to BDs new profile picture :lol:

Also, I went for a run this morning and on my way back home there was a swan standing next to a pond near the running path. Needless to say I made sure to stay far away from it!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    That's really sad. :(

Swans are NOT nice animals, they may be beautiful and all, but they should not be messed with, I've seen them chase and try to bite people many times. They've probably had it with humans...
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    do swans not have fudds then?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    81 wrote:
    water would still be chilly.....not quite swimming weather yet. but how do you get knocked out of the kayak? such an odd story

Remember reading recently that a section of canal has been closed here in the UK because a male swan protecting a female and nesting site has been attacking canoeist and boat users. One kayaker was knocked out of his kayak.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03 ... 84569.html
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    81 wrote:

Remember reading recently that a section of canal has been closed here in the UK because a male swan protecting a female and nesting site has been attacking canoeist and boat users. One kayaker was knocked out of his kayak.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03 ... 84569.html

wow...that is crazy.

you would think a good whack to his head with the paddle would help

i sort of want to go down that canel and get a first had expierience. of course, with a life jacket on, and some help nearby......just in case.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    The Swan on Man abuse has to stop...

Where's Chris Hansen on this issue?

untitled_51.png
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    The next time Justin Bieber goes swimming.........someone please throw this swan in the pool.
    The Swan on Man abuse has to stop...

Where's Chris Hansen on this issue?

untitled_51.png

tumblr_llnodmn4qd1qj0x7wo1_250.gif
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    So have charges been brought?
    GoiMTvP.gif