Swan drowns man

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/ki ... ories.html
An angry swan is being blamed for knocking a man out of his kayak in a Chicago pond and then continuing to attack until the man drowned.

Anthony Hensley, 37, used the swans to keep geese away from properties and was in a kayak checking on the animals Sunday morning when one of the swans swam at him, causing him to fall out of his kayak into the water.

The swan reportedly continued to chase Hensley after he fell into the water, and by the time rescuers arrived he had drowned, The Chicago Sun Times reports.

Investigators believe Hensley had traveled too close to the swan or swan's nesting area, prompting the attack. Family and friends are puzzled.

"Maybe he didn't fight back enough when the swan attacked him," said father-in-law George Koutsogiannis. "Maybe he didn't want to hurt the animal. I can't understand how this was possible."

A memorial fund has been established in Hensley's name, who was a married father of two. Donations can be sent to Amy Hensley, c/o Steuerle Funeral Home, 350 S. Ardmore Ave. Villa Park, IL 60181
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    The worst part was the way the swan kept pulling his head back up out of the water and trash-talking him before dunking him back under. It was a bit excessive if you ask me.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The worst part was the way the swan kept pulling his head back up out of the water and trash-talking him before dunking him back under. It was a bit excessive if you ask me.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    just read that story on yahoo---crazy!!

i kept wondering if the swan was black. :?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Lizard wrote:

thumbnail.aspx?q=4951814342378042&id=46ecd57084f612ff4622fcf0dd1becc3
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    one could say it was his swan song :o
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Aflac
    GoiMTvP.gif

booooo

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    edited April 2012
    :(
    Post edited by PillowPants on
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Even the swans in Chicago are criminals, it's time to shut that cesspool down.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    81 wrote:

booooo

I hesitated as to weather i should say this, but i thought f-it and i expect a lot of this -- :nono:
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    240799-warriors_swan.jpg

is this really surprising?

Hey now, Swan was no murderer.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Aflac

:lol::lol:

...swans are assholes.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    this happened 2 mins away from my house. one of my friends from HS lives in the complex and saw them pull his body out of the pond.
    poor kids...he has a 1 and 3 year old.

they are going to have to grow up fatherless....and when people go...i'm so sorry, how did he die...they are going to have to say a swan got him. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Swan.jpg
    :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    years ago, i got chased by a swan, i had to run around my friend car twice before i was far enough ahead to open the door and jump in, he though it was hillarious, but i was shitting myself.
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Aflac

:lol::lol:

...swans are assholes.
    and rat fucks
    portmans-bird-eyes-in-black-swan.jpg?w=500
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    swans are big bastards too.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    years ago, i got chased by a swan, i had to run around my friend car twice before i was far enough ahead to open the door and jump in, he though it was hillarious, but i was shitting myself.

I had a similar experience when I was a bairn.My family thought it was the funniest thing ever but I was shitting myself too with fear.

Out of the water they are much bigger than I would have ever thought,they carry some weight behind them and are very easily pissed off.

Poor guy though,what a way to go :(
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Lizard wrote:

why?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    81 wrote:
    poor kids...he has a 1 and 3 year old.

they are going to have to grow up fatherless....and when people go...i'm so sorry, how did he die...they are going to have to say a swan got him. :(

I'm ashamed to say that made me laugh

it is a very bizzare story though
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Too bad he wasn't on land. The crane kick can take down any swan.

karate-kid-crane.jpg
    rollings wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

why?
    a curb your enthusiasm story
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Stop looking at me swan.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    A swan will fuck you up.... :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    A swan will fuck you up.... :twisted:

:nono:

bring it on swan...i've got a 10.5 boot to shove up your ass.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119 wrote:
    Too bad he wasn't on land. The crane kick can take down any swan.

karate-kid-crane.jpg

Sweep the leg....no mercy.
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Unfortunately this story hits too close to home for me. I'm deeply saddened and can't imagine what my friend is going through. I work and am friends with the with the wife of the man who drowned . If possible please donate. My heart goes out to you and your family Amy :(
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Unfortunately this story hits too close to home for me. I'm deeply saddened and can't imagine what my friend is going through. I work and am friends with the with the wife of the man who drowned . If possible please donate. My heart goes out to you and your family Amy :(

Sorry and I apoligize for this thread and my participation in it. Sometimes the anonymity of the internet can make people, myself included, rather obtuse at times. I sincerely apoligize.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Unfortunately this story hits too close to home for me. I'm deeply saddened and can't imagine what my friend is going through. I work and am friends with the with the wife of the man who drowned . If possible please donate. My heart goes out to you and your family Amy :(

Sorry and I apoligize for this thread and my participation in it. Sometimes the anonymity of the internet can make people, myself included, rather obtuse at times. I sincerely apoligize.
    RF
    GoiMTvP.gif