Options

PJ20 Ames variant

AMENt_TO_THATAMENt_TO_THAT Norwegia Posts: 394
edited April 2012 in Lost Dogs
Hey guys. Just a quick question. It's been a while since Alpine Valley now and my missus and I opened up our postertube for the first time ever. I do remember thinking that the kid in the merchstand seemed to be a wee bit rough with the Ames poster, so when PJ did a sale a while back, I bought another one to have a mintcondition poster to frame.We had a look at both today and they are differently colord. Well, my question is, the one from Alpine is purple, and the one from the 10club is black. I've read about the variants, wich one is the variant? We've been checking expressobeans and ebay, but couldn't figure it out. How many of each color is it?

THanks.

Stian
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Purple is the variant. Congrats!
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    hOLY ****! I thought I did well when we saw the poster, but that's inSANE! Well well. Alpine was the best weekend EVER and it just keeps giving :D Time for that Alpine Blu-Ray! Thanks guys :)
  • Options
    anyone know how many there are of each?
  • Options
    ThePedroThePedro Posts: 330
    Any interest on trading one of your prints?
    "Is it just me or is common sense not that common anymore"
  • Options
    ThePedro, I don't know. The print I got from the 10c was pretty much raped by the WW-postalservice. Don't think that one is interesting to anyone. The variant, handled by the kid @ the merch stand has a crease on the bottom left corner, way better than the 10c though. I don't know what the tradevalue would be, but I might be interested if someone can come up with an AMES 2000 Stockholm/Oslo/Copenhagen. Very much so if that person is coming to Scandinavia this summer ;)
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    ThePedro, I don't know. The print I got from the 10c was pretty much raped by the WW-postalservice. Don't think that one is interesting to anyone. The variant, handled by the kid @ the merch stand has a crease on the bottom left corner, way better than the 10c though. I don't know what the tradevalue would be, but I might be interested if someone can come up with an AMES 2000 Stockholm/Oslo/Copenhagen. Very much so if that person is coming to Scandinavia this summer ;)

Send pdalowsky a PM, maybe he has one left from the charity sale he did: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=183046&start=15

You'd have to purchase rather than trade but the money goes to charity if Paul still has it. You can probably fetch more value for your creased variant if you sell, assuming it's just that crease and it will frame out, those are highly coveted :D
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    i know theres only 20 variant.....and one of them looks great on my wall!!!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    juddboz80 wrote:
    Theres a bunch of the regulars, and it looks great on my wall too.. :D
  • Options
    DamiensDamiens Posts: 766

I heard the Ames variant went the same as the Klausen variant. There were 60 printed of which the band got 20, 20 were randomly inserted into the regulars (what you got) and 20 were signed. The Ames bros did not number the ones they signed though instead Barry signed his name and wrote "PJ20".

The signed variants have been selling here for approx $375-$400. You did really good, you basically found a golden ticket to the Wonka factory. Congrats.
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:

HAha, I'm sO happy to hear that. It will look just as good on my wall soon too ;) U have a pick o' it?
  • Options
    Damiens wrote:

I heard the Ames variant went the same as the Klausen variant. There were 60 printed of which the band got 20, 20 were randomly inserted into the regulars (what you got) and 20 were signed. The Ames bros did not number the ones they signed though instead Barry signed his name and wrote "PJ20".

The signed variants have been selling here for approx $375-$400. You did really good, you basically found a golden ticket to the Wonka factory. Congrats.

Yeah! Got really lucky it seemes :D
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Damiens wrote:

Yeah! Got really lucky it seemes :D

Congrats! Our little gang did well with Al getting a Klausen variant from the merch stand :mrgreen:

See you in Hungary ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Suziemay wrote:

Send pdalowsky a PM, maybe he has one left from the charity sale he did: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=183046&start=15

You'd have to purchase rather than trade but the money goes to charity if Paul still has it. You can probably fetch more value for your creased variant if you sell, assuming it's just that crease and it will frame out, those are highly coveted :D

thanks Su May