Where to invest??

124»

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    actually the color is slightly different....and it's fucking spelled color :lol:

not fuckin centre

No, not really. Same color, they have just added color to the front a bit to make it more difficult to counterfeit or some horseshit.

i just pulled a 1 and a 20 out of my wallet....the one is clearly lighter

is one green and the other green?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

is one green and the other green?

:fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Well there you go 81! Another $0.03 worth!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Fucker! I just saw this!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Just those fucking $1 bills. I hate those. They look just like $20 bills - it's so stupid! Why is it all the same colour??

the dollar bill looks nothing like the 20 bill :fp: :lol:

and we still respect the penny
    They all look the same. All the same colour, same basic design. That how it feels for everyone else in the world who are used to bills being different colours.

Yeah, the penny thing is stupid. Everyone's just repricing things to make sure it always rounds up, never down.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Well there you go 81! Another $0.03 worth!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Fucker! I just saw this!
    :lol::lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    i really don't understand the penny argument. The nickel has cost more than a nickel to produce for ages and we're still freaking redesigning them!

Anyway who even uses cash that much anymore? I pay for shit with my phone now! :-P :roll: :fp:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    duska3419 wrote:
    i really don't understand the penny argument. The nickel has cost more than a nickel to produce for ages and we're still freaking redesigning them!

Anyway who even uses cash that much anymore? I pay for shit with my phone now! :-P :roll: :fp:
    I think the nickel is just worth too much. People aren't willing to be rounding up or down to the closest 10.

A lot of (I'd actually say most) people still use cash a lot. I do. I also pay with debit or credit very often, but I find cash very handy, and in some cases, necessary.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Just those fucking $1 bills. I hate those. They look just like $20 bills - it's so stupid! Why is it all the same colour??

They all look the same. All the same colour, same basic design. That how it feels for everyone else in the world who are used to bills being different colours.

It's just not that difficult... quit whining jazzybass.gif
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:

It's just not that difficult... quit whining jazzybass.gif
    Canadians worry about being drunk and accidentally paying with 20s instead of 1s. Seems reasonable to me! :D
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Canadians worry about being drunk and accidentally paying with 20s instead of 1s. Seems reasonable to me! :D

You look at the mawfuckin bill... it has a 1 on it

You look at the other mawfuckin bill.... it has a 20 on it
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It's hard to see when you're not used to it and wasted. It's a common concern among people not used to the money as far as I've heard. You don't understand because you're used to it. Hmph. Obviously I do look really carefully... but sometimes it's easy to forget to, because everyone else is so used to just grabbing the right colour. :willshrug:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It's hard to see when you're not used to it and wasted. It's a common concern among people not used to the money as far as I've heard. You don't understand because you're used to it. Hmph.

:lol:

Hmph to you too :D
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:

I think the nickel is just worth too much. People aren't willing to be rounding up or down to the closest 10.

A lot of (I'd actually say most) people still use cash a lot. I do. I also pay with debit or credit very often, but I find cash very handy, and in some cases, necessary.

(that was sarcasm, meant to demonstrate how currency has devolved from actual rare metals, to paper, to data on a chip.) :shh:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    duska3419 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:

(that was sarcasm, meant to demonstrate how currency has devolved from actual rare metals, to paper, to data on a chip.) :shh:
    I'm not always good at picking up on sarcasm. :P
    Paying with my phone is okay with me, except losing a phone will hurt even more than it already does. I'd prefer an eye scan. I'm not rich enough to worry about someone stealing my eyeball.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Invest in Silver American Eagle coins....they are pretty cheap right now, and if our monetary system ever collapses, they will be a negotiable form of currency. Gold may be more of a hot commodity, but a 1 ounce gold coin is way too valuable to give someone and then say "keep the change".
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Invest in Silver American Eagle coins....they are pretty cheap right now, and if our monetary system ever collapses, they will be a negotiable form of currency. Gold may be more of a hot commodity, but a 1 ounce gold coin is way too valuable to give someone and then say "keep the change".

i still want a few gold bars that i can put in my pocket and listen to the clink around. :lol:

would be fun to go to the store....put a big screen in the shopping cart, and toss them a gold bar.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

i still want a few gold bars that i can put in my pocket and listen to the clink around. :lol:

would be fun to go to the store....put a big screen in the shopping cart, and toss them a gold bar.
    That would be an impressive TV! What is a medium gold bar worth? Like, $80,000? :lol:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

wasn't there a baseball player named Fred "Iron Balls" Johnson who always made a clinking noise in his pockets?
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Paying with my phone is okay with me, except losing a phone will hurt even more than it already does. I'd prefer an eye scan. I'm not rich enough to worry about someone stealing my eyeball.

In all seriousness, I have an issue with the tech involved with using your phone to pay for things. That issue is that someone used it to steal $800 from me. :lol:

You know how some credit cards have that RFID chip so you don't have to actually swipe your card at checkout you just hover it over that bit at the top? This is in a lot of cards and you can't opt out (no matter how well you can explain your argument to CSR & their managers, or when failing that, how loud you get.) so a lot of people don't even know that they have it.
    The problem is that the data on the chip isn't secure enough, so all someone needs is a tablet with an RFID scanner and the right software, they only have to stop by you for a couple seconds to pick up what they need through your purse or wallet or whatever, next thing u know someone who is not you is taking cash out of your account at an atm nearby, yet your card is in hand.

It's the same tech in the phones though I'm not sure about the security. I would imagine Google put some security into it but meh. I guess you could say I've got a 'chip' on my shoulder ;)

I do wonder if lasik surgery would affect the accuracy of retinal scans. :think:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

That would be an impressive TV! What is a medium gold bar worth? Like, $80,000? :lol:

i was thinking more of one ounce bars. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    81 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

wasn't there a baseball player named Fred "Iron Balls" Johnson who always made a clinking noise in his pockets?

sounds like a question for the trivia thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    duska3419 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

In all seriousness, I have an issue with the tech involved with using your phone to pay for things. That issue is that someone used it to steal $800 from me. :lol:

You know how some credit cards have that RFID chip so you don't have to actually swipe your card at checkout you just hover it over that bit at the top? This is in a lot of cards and you can't opt out (no matter how well you can explain your argument to CSR & their managers, or when failing that, how loud you get.) so a lot of people don't even know that they have it.
    The problem is that the data on the chip isn't secure enough, so all someone needs is a tablet with an RFID scanner and the right software, they only have to stop by you for a couple seconds to pick up what they need through your purse or wallet or whatever, next thing u know someone who is not you is taking cash out of your account at an atm nearby, yet your card is in hand.

It's the same tech in the phones though I'm not sure about the security. I would imagine Google put some security into it but meh. I guess you could say I've got a 'chip' on my shoulder ;)

I do wonder if lasik surgery would affect the accuracy of retinal scans. :think:
    All very true... Although I must admit, my concern is more theft or loss of the cards, and not fraudulent use, just because when someone steals from you that way, you get your money back, and usually pretty quickly. It should be the banks and CC companies that are nervous about these technologies less that we are.

For retinal scans... yes, laser surgery would probably mean you'd have to go through the verification process again, which would be about the same as the Nexus pass renewal process, where they do already use retinal scans. I think it's a great idea personally. Super secure, super easy.