Options

***justinschanz1982*** BEWARE!!!

Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
edited April 2012 in Lost Dogs
If you haven't already read the thread currently entitled "all sold", I feel it is important that everyone be made aware of this board members recent antics involving trades and sales of items to at least a half-dozen other members of this fan club. He has not sent us things that are rightfully ours, and now has not been returning pm's or making any effort to right the situation. I can't say that I know the exact amount of merchandise he has sold and taken, but I know it's well into the hundreds of dollars. He has still been logged into the forum as recently as last night, so we know he is getting the messages.

In his defense, one board member did recieve, after 5 weeks and many pm's, the stuff he bought. Unfortunately, since then, he has not delivered on anything else that he promised he would. Yes, he does still have a chance to make all of this right, but given the fact that he has broken off communication, I'd say it does not look good for the rest of us.

I hope this stuff can all be resolved yet, but it is going to be up to justinschanz1982 to do the right thing. We'll see, I guess...

Cheers
"In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    Though I am 2 for 2 with getting what I've paid for from great people in this community, this is half the reason I buy stuff on ebay - there's at least some accountability there.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    there is accountability here, too, if you use paypal to purchase. all it takes is a couple of clicks within 45 days of your payment, and if dude doesn't deliver you get your money back. simple.

unless you sent payment as a gift.... :nono:

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    there is accountability here, too, if you use paypal to purchase. all it takes is a couple of clicks within 45 days of your payment, and if dude doesn't deliver you get your money back. simple.

Unfortunately, there were some(including myself) that paid as a gift. Wasn't aware of the potential consequences til I tried to open a claim. Won't happen again, lesson learned.
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    this is why i go the extra step of asking people to NOT send gift payments. i feel better knowing that you know that YOU are protected from ME.

imho, ppl who ask for or even require them raise red flags, no matter how trusted they are. unless you know someone personally, and i don't mean we sat near each other at a show one time, it's just not worth it for a couple of dollars in fees.

see if you can find anyone i've screwed over in 20 years. i've used the same handle all over the internet since 1995. i am very easy to find...thanks to my job, i'm a public figure. i could get all sorts of heavy people to vouch for me, but i won't. less talky, more shippy. all you need is to pay by regular payment via paypal, and all my self-appointed awesomeness and name-dropper references don't mean shit. you're just covered, and it's never a worry in any transaction.

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :corn:

Love the new smilies
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    whofeelslikeadrankwhofeelslikeadrank Posts: 2,702
    edited April 2012
    81 wrote:
    :corn:

'82 was a bad year anyways...
    Post edited by whofeelslikeadrank on
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    Wow, this is total bullshit. This forum is great and has afforded an opportunity to access all sorts of good stuff in a free and fair marketplace. This fucker should be strung up by his balls unless he's dead. People like this are the reason that this forum will, eventually, be yanked. Pathetic.
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    dan46erdan46er Posts: 157
    edited April 2012
    Post deleted by Admin. Do not post private messages.
    Post edited by dan46er on
    Buffalo 05/10/10, Buffalo 10/12/13, Brooklyn 10/19/13

"I seem to recognize your face, haunting, familiar yet, I can't seem to place it..."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'll be stopping by tommorrow for a visit. :lol: don't know if you care, but you may want to edit your adderess out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    81 wrote:
    i'll be stopping by tommorrow for a visit. :lol: don't know if you care, but you may want to edit your adderess out.
    Party at Dan's house! 81 is bringing the :corn: .
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Party at Dan's house! 81 is bringing the :corn: .

i wonder if the pizza place next door is any good. :lol:

we are planning a road trip up to the great north east, maybe we'll swing by. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    dangerboy wrote:

Yep, sending payment as a gift is Russian Roulette.
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    dangerboy wrote:
    this is why i go the extra step of asking people to NOT send gift payments. i feel better knowing that you know that YOU are protected from ME.

imho, ppl who ask for or even require them raise red flags, no matter how trusted they are. unless you know someone personally, and i don't mean we sat near each other at a show one time, it's just not worth it for a couple of dollars in fees.

see if you can find anyone i've screwed over in 20 years. i've used the same handle all over the internet since 1995. i am very easy to find...thanks to my job, i'm a public figure. i could get all sorts of heavy people to vouch for me, but i won't. less talky, more shippy. all you need is to pay by regular payment via paypal, and all my self-appointed awesomeness and name-dropper references don't mean shit. you're just covered, and it's never a worry in any transaction.

Great post!

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    That sucks. Big time. This guy still has a chance to make right and refund everyone's money. He probably didn't even have some of those items in hand, just making them up to make a buck. :nono: :nono: :nono:

It's unfortunate that one person can spoil the whole thing for everyone. The people who lost $110+ will probably never trust a trader again.

In fact, I wonder if this is the same guy as someone who was Oh Jimmy about 9 years ago... he screwed me over, got a brand new MSG '03 shirt, and I got nothing. Same story, kept talking about how he was going to ship, etc. Never heard from him. Still logged on after that. Wonder if he just changed his username. ;)

Was Justin in the A+ thread? Just curious if he had some good trades before fucking everyone over.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    LftdaporchLftdaporch Posts: 118
    i also have not received a few items in my trade with him from november. i gave up. buyer beware.
  • Options
    dan46erdan46er Posts: 157
    Sorry admins for posting the PMs.

Justin needs to get kicked off the forums...

BTW, the pizza place across the street is better!
    Buffalo 05/10/10, Buffalo 10/12/13, Brooklyn 10/19/13

"I seem to recognize your face, haunting, familiar yet, I can't seem to place it..."
  • Options
    Was Justin in the A+ thread? Just curious if he had some good trades before fucking everyone over.

i loooked, but didn't see his name
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dan46er wrote:

:thumbup: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    this sucks, there's always a few sour ones..

thanks for the warning
  • Options
    Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
    edited April 2012
    dan46er wrote:
    Sorry admins for posting the PMs.

Justin needs to get kicked off the forums...

Funny thing is, most of those PMs you posted are exactly the same ones I got. Must have a cut and paste excuse program on his computer. :roll:

I hope this works out for everyone.
    Post edited by Pearl Jam_ie on
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Just can we bear in mind life can get crazy sometimes. I've been super crazy slow on getting a few things out recently due to issues beyond my control so i know what it's like and i'd extend him the benefit of the doubt before coming to a conclusion. But PM the shit out of him and keep it civil i reckon. Hope you all get sorted for what you're due.
    that said, someones waiting since november??
  • Options
    yeah dude is not returning pm's even though he's logging in.
    dude is not sending out items
    dude is not answering emails
    dude knows there's no recourse from buyers who sent gift payments or their half of the trade
    paypal gives you 45 to file a claim. that's PLENTY of time to either ship or refund...even if you are having "life issues".
    dude has not bothered to try to defend himself publicly, even though he's been here.
    i think the buyers/traders gave him the benefit of the doubt long enough before they outed him

if you don't know this guy personally, i'd be REAL CAREFUL about vouching for him and asking ppl to give him the benefit of the doubt.

mainly, let's keep this thread within the rules, so that it won't get locked like the other one. no addresses or email addresses or pm's or threats to visit him, please. if it gets locked, it does no one any good.

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    like a huge Oak Tree in late spring....sounds Shady to me
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    excuses i received back in november were: lost job, wife sick and dad dying.
  • Options
    Lftdaporch wrote:
    excuses i received back in november were: lost job, wife sick and dad dying.

I got "busy with interviews, planning a wedding, future father-in-law has cancer, and the place of shipping had a person that was putting stuff in the wrong place but it's staightened out now and you'll have it by Wednesday." That was 3 weeks ago...
  • Options
    i did get about 75% of my stuff, only did not receive a poster out of the trade, did get the volcom single and tshirt though
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    pjradio wrote:
    like a huge Oak Tree in late spring....sounds Shady to me

love that remark!
  • Options
    stickman81stickman81 Posts: 437
    bummer to hear about this....a lot of the people i've dealt with for trades have been really good about getting items out in quick fashion...
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    You're my one blip ever Stickman. And I mean that.
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Just can we bear in mind life can get crazy sometimes. I've been super crazy slow on getting a few things out recently due to issues beyond my control so i know what it's like and i'd extend him the benefit of the doubt before coming to a conclusion. But PM the shit out of him and keep it civil i reckon. Hope you all get sorted for what you're due.
    that said, someones waiting since november??

I've been waiting since October....the best part is that he said he'd send mine out the minute he received his (I traded him a sealed ITW for a white bs) because he's been screwed too many times before.

To make it even better, he then sold the ITW in Lost Dogs!!

Some people...
    that's the moss from the aforementioned verse...
This discussion has been closed.