Options

The BACON Thread - blackdiamond is not invited

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492

the ball park dog could be in trouble...at least in cincy!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    imalive said:

eat this in one inning at a Reds game and you get a crummy shirt. ONE POUND of bacon PER sandwich. you do the math.

I saw Kruk biting into one of those in the broadcast booth during ESPN's Reds/Cards opener on Monday. Funny stuff....made me think of this thread. I enjoy bacon (ok I love bacon) but this is too much, I think after about 5-10 bites I would be done with it. (But I could eat more of it later! Cold bacon is almost as awesome as hot bacon.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I saw Kruk biting into one of those in the broadcast booth during ESPN's Reds/Cards opener on Monday. Funny stuff....made me think of this thread. I enjoy bacon (ok I love bacon) but this is too much, I think after about 5-10 bites I would be done with it. (But I could eat more of it later! Cold bacon is almost as awesome as hot bacon.)

they sure make a lot of fat jokes at Krukkie's expense, huh?

:))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Went to a beer and bacon tasting this past weekend. Pretty much my 2 favorite things...it was glorious.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    If i could ask bacon anything:
    "When did you first realize that exactly nobody dislikes you?"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Sizzling Canadian Bacon, Extra Thick. Wolfgang's Steakhouse, NYC
    Had this last week. Best fucking piece of bacon ever!

• Options
    I recently grilled a pork tenderloin, done with a bacon vinegarette mairinade. Yes, bacon marinade.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,478

That is a sweet looking pc of bacon 8->
    I just made some Canadian Bacon at home yesterday (didn't look like that though). Cooked up 3 extra pcs for the wife or daughter if they wanted any....to my surprise, they were still there an hour later, so I ate them. That was after having 5 pcs with my breakfast...such a pig when it comes to bacon, they know the rules when it comes to left over bacon lol
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    BLACK35 said:

I just made some Canadian Bacon at home yesterday (didn't look like that though). Cooked up 3 extra pcs for the wife or daughter if they wanted any....to my surprise, they were still there an hour later, so I ate them. That was after having 5 pcs with my breakfast...such a pig when it comes to bacon, they know the rules when it comes to left over bacon lol
    such a pig when it comes to bacon ;))
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

BLACK35 said:

such a pig when it comes to bacon ;))
    lol, I didn't even realize what I did
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Bacony bacon bacon. I'm drooling right now.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bhP14neXJs

"When you have bacon in your mouth, it doesn't matter who is president or anything"- Louis CK
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited July 2014

Now this is just something you have to try :P lol

• Options
    Just had me a bacon sandwich on two pieces of buttered wheat toast. Yummy!

That Canadian stuff isn't really bacon......nor is the stuff they serve in the UK ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

That Canadian stuff isn't really bacon......

That piece I had at the Steakhouse last week pictured above may have made you change your mind. Looked like (giant) bacon, smelled like bacon & tasted like best bacon ever.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,743
    Canadian Disclaimer: we just eat bacon up here, granted I get the thick sliced bacon from the butcher shop.
    "Canadian bacon" in most places is just a slice of ham and does not qualify IMO as bacon.
    Having said that what F Me In The Brain ate that is in that picture looks like the fattest piece of Bacon that I have seen, but still bacon and if they want to give credit to Canada we will take it in that instance.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

Canadian Disclaimer: we just eat bacon up here, granted I get the thick sliced bacon from the butcher shop.
    "Canadian bacon" in most places is just a slice of ham and does not qualify IMO as bacon.
    Having said that what F Me In The Brain ate that is in that picture looks like the fattest piece of Bacon that I have seen, but still bacon and if they want to give credit to Canada we will take it in that instance.

Amen brother!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I'm gonna a be honest with u guys, being a Muslim I can't eat swine BUY boy if I could, BACON would be the FIRST thing I try! Dnt tell me turkey bacon blah blah blah, I eat that all the time, and I know it doesn't do bacon any justice. My mouth dosnt water or drool for turkey bacon, but it does for swine bacon and I've never had it! Fucken lucky fuckers hahaha
  • Options

Eating it made me reconsider my previous bias against Canadian Bacon aka Ham. Now I would put on full riot gear and defend the honor of the truly most wondrous and tasty material.

Badbrains, that is a bummer. Good for you for sticking to your guns...boy, with bacon as a temptation I dont think I could!
  • Options

Eating it made me reconsider my previous bias against Canadian Bacon aka Ham. Now I would put on full riot gear and defend the honor of the truly most wondrous and tasty material.

Badbrains, that is a bummer. Good for you for sticking to your guns...boy, with bacon as a temptation I dont think I could!
    Thanks F! But I'm really a fucken fraud in my religion lol. Swine is like the only thing I really follow lol. And let me tell you how bad I'm tempted! One of my cousins had it and he said it's everything it's advertised as.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    badbrains said:

Thanks F! But I'm really a fucken fraud in my religion lol. Swine is like the only thing I really follow lol. And let me tell you how bad I'm tempted! One of my cousins had it and he said it's everything it's advertised as.
    I'm Jewish, but I must admit, I love me very specific types of swine. Maybe it's the 'forbidden fruit' aspect of it!

Canadian (or back) bacon, prosciutto, porchetta (the preparation of the gods when it comes to pig), pork belly - all quite divine. Yes, I'm a bad Jew (but no, frankly, I just don't care).

badbrains, what are the other restrictions of Hallal, are shellfish a no-go in Islam as well?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    no scallop wrapped bacon...a double whammy!
  • Options
    benjs said:

badbrains said:

I'm Jewish, but I must admit, I love me very specific types of swine. Maybe it's the 'forbidden fruit' aspect of it!

Canadian (or back) bacon, prosciutto, porchetta (the preparation of the gods when it comes to pig), pork belly - all quite divine. Yes, I'm a bad Jew (but no, frankly, I just don't care).

badbrains, what are the other restrictions of Hallal, are shellfish a no-go in Islam as well?
    Hell I hope NOT? I eat lobster and shrimp all the time. I love king crab legs especially out in San Pedro at the ports of call. And all you can eat crabs down the jersey shore, wtf, I'm always gonna eat shell fish! I'll play dumb on that one. Hahahaha
  • Options
    badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

Hell I hope NOT? I eat lobster and shrimp all the time. I love king crab legs especially out in San Pedro at the ports of call. And all you can eat crabs down the jersey shore, wtf, I'm always gonna eat shell fish! I'll play dumb on that one. Hahahaha
    Ignorance is bliss :) Judaism's Kosher laws don't allow shellfish. To which I say, fuck that, these laws are antiquated. I love me some lobster and shrimp too. One of the best things I've had in Toronto is at a restaurant called Porchetta & Co. - marinated pork shoulder in rosemary, sage, garlic and lemon, wrapped in prosciutto, wrapped in cured pork belly, roasted, then the crispy crust is served with the pork, and every now and then they do that with lobster claws, all on a Portuguese sourdough. Freaking remarkable. PS, if there's a god, and he or she cares about kosher rules - I'm definitely going to be sent downstairs when I kick the bucket. Good thing I subscribe to Buddhist beliefs :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

Ignorance is bliss :) Judaism's Kosher laws don't allow shellfish. To which I say, fuck that, these laws are antiquated. I love me some lobster and shrimp too. One of the best things I've had in Toronto is at a restaurant called Porchetta & Co. - marinated pork shoulder in rosemary, sage, garlic and lemon, wrapped in prosciutto, wrapped in cured pork belly, roasted, then the crispy crust is served with the pork, and every now and then they do that with lobster claws, all on a Portuguese sourdough. Freaking remarkable. PS, if there's a god, and he or she cares about kosher rules - I'm definitely going to be sent downstairs when I kick the bucket. Good thing I subscribe to Buddhist beliefs :)
    Good god that's a lot of pork Ben! Holyshit, no pun intended. Hahaha and I've pretty have accepted I'm doing some time "down" there, hit me up when you make it down there, maybe we can try that pork shoulder dish down there =)) >:)
  • Options
    badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

Good god that's a lot of pork Ben! Holyshit, no pun intended. Hahaha and I've pretty have accepted I'm doing some time "down" there, hit me up when you make it down there, maybe we can try that pork shoulder dish down there =)) >:)
    Sounds good dude, if there's a bar in hell, first round's on me.

EV
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    imalive said:

Just had me a bacon sandwich on two pieces of buttered wheat toast. Yummy!

That Canadian stuff isn't really bacon......nor is the stuff they serve in the UK ;)

The Main thing is it Taste Good :P

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Holy Hell, that sounds like quite a sandwich.

I love it. A Muslim and a Jew sharing a pork sandwich in Hell. :))

Peace, Love & Pork Sandwiches :)>-
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,743
    I have found the holy land
    http://www.baconfreak.com/
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

Oh that looks delicious, its missing tomatoes,eggs,mushroom,sausages and bread ;)