When did we all stop enjoying stuff?

2»

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I really don't worry too much about what others think about my stuff. I do whatever makes me happy and the older I get the more important that seems to become.

Decorate your home in any way that makes you and your husband happy .
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I don't really enjoy "stuff", I've found that clutter stresses me out. But I LOVE color. Unfortunately I live in a log cabin with wood everything (which is beautiful) so I can't paint the walls. I make up for it with colored accents and bright paintings.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I like my stuff.

I have a LOT of stuff...really random weird stuff. Some of it was 'collectable' (we all know how that goes-demand creates a market, no demand makes them worth less), but I still have it because I ENJOY it.

We had a storage unit (long story) and some friends helped move it back to the house, one of them told me "you have too much SHIT" I told her to "Shut it, I LIKE MY SHIT" I'm a pretty sentimental person, it's hard for me to get rid of certain things. My house doesn't look like the ones on Hoarders, it all fits nicely in the house.

Think about it...what if none of the guys in PJ kept stuff? There would have not been a PJ Museum, there would be no PJ Book. It would just be filled with photos...I happen to like to see Eddie's ATM receipt right before they released "Ten"...it makes it seem "real". You could tell me "Ed only had a few bucks in his bank account before he made it big" and I would think "oh cool" :| but add a picture of the ACTUAL receipt, and it makes me go :o :shock:

It was really cool for me to be able to get my pic taken in front of the "Pearl Jam" letters at Alpine :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I love colour.
    I have one wall in my living room that is peacock green and the rest and cotton colour but I have a Jimi Hendrix print,a Where the Wild Things Are print,a ornate silk wall hanging with every colour imaginable in it,Native Salish art and a PJ poster and vinyl wall art that says 'Music is what feelings Sound Like'
    The bedroom wall is Raspberry Pink with cotton and another colourful wall hanging,a carved wooden Buddha head and original art that my friends dad painted.I always have very bright bedding and towels.
    The kitchen is olive green and the bathroom is chocolate and caramel.I adore Peanuts cartoon,in my hall I have a vinyl art Snoopy and Woodstock on the bottom of the wall and a mad chicken tartan door stopper.
    I also have a heart on my door and a sign that says 'Make yourself at home in my home as you would in your own home unless in your home you are mostly naked' :D
    anything or anyone that makes me smile is welcomed into my life.

:D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    Our future society...

http://youtu.be/i8StRAJCork
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    when i'm shopping, i always ask myself, do i really need this? am i going to use this? most times the answer is no.

and then i get sucked into something silly like a vinyl sale or a poster sale. thankfully, all the vinyl has found nice new homes....look for my lost dog poster sale thread this week....you might find something you can't live without. :P :lol::lol:

i will be keeping my ticket stubs, unless there is a market for those. :lol: i've got a low number unused pj20 wrist band...if you are interested. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CBC291417CBC291417 Posts: 22
    Haven’t read all the posts yet but stickers being mentioned in the original post reminded me of something...

Bought my son an Easter Charlie Brown book at the grocery store and the first page was full of stickers. Last Sat he had me read it for the 100th time and afterward put a sticker on each forearm, then picked two out for me and had me put them on my forearm. Didn’t think about it until that night but I walked around all day with decent size Charlie Brown stickers on my forearm. Fun stuff :D
    81 wrote:

i will be keeping my ticket stubs, unless there is a market for those. :lol: i've got a low number unused pj20 wrist band...if you are interested. :lol:

I just saw Pearl Jam ticket stubs (Ten era) on ebay...right around $60

I like stickers too!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

I like stickers too!

:shock:

better sit on that wrist band for a few years then

what's an 08 bonnaroo ticket getting?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,699
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I don't really enjoy "stuff", I've found that clutter stresses me out. But I LOVE color. Unfortunately I live in a log cabin with wood everything (which is beautiful) so I can't paint the walls. I make up for it with colored accents and bright paintings.

I'm the same way- I don't like clutter at all. The "stuff" I often like are the little things like my new Pearl Jam buttons that arrived in the mail last week. And this week I'm REALLY enjoying the wild turkeys that have been coming around-- no, not the drink, the birds! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225
    I've never stopped enjoying all the things that make my life complete ...
    1- I don't give a damn about what people think about me ..
    2- i do the things that me & family really love to do ..
    3- I make sure my 10C dues are allways paid on time :lol::lol:

And i do have walls in my house that have different colors ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

I like stickers too!

:shock:

better sit on that wrist band for a few years then

what's an 08 bonnaroo ticket getting?

c'mon now...those 'Ten' era tix are 20 years old...best you sit on that Bonnaroo stub for another 16 years and then collect yer $60 :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Great thread! I think the only thing that matters is what makes YOU happy. Screw what anybody else thinks. Life is so short. I've been getting rid of things just to simplify, but there are things I could never part with, that are sentimental to me. It's all part of who you are, things you collect that mean something to you, or remind you of a person, vacation, or time in your life.

You can't take everything with you once you're dead, so enjoy it and cherish it while you are alive, and screw everybody else lol :)

And there are people who are just forever grumpy. Never satisfied, never happy. I had a friend like that, she would complain about E V E R Y T H I N G. Is life perfect? No. But there is *always* something to be thankful for, something that makes you happy.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Our future society...

http://youtu.be/i8StRAJCork
    hehe..awesome show girl... :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    mikalina wrote:
    81 wrote:

hoarding18.jpg

To me thats alot of "junk" not "stuff"... :lol:

:D Gee, I guess it could always be worse...

how do these people get to the frig? :lol:
  • I'm old enough to know better but young enough no to give a damn...and I hope I always will be that way. Life is too short to never have fun just because you are "supposed" to grow up
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all