Options

The SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS (a cate frances thread)

Comments

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    That was a hell of an ending to the game! I only saw the last 10 minutes but I'm so glad I did, that final try was a great example of nothing-to-lose rugby (and I'm not even a Rabbitohs fan, sorry :|)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    goldrush wrote:
    That was a hell of an ending to the game! I only saw the last 10 minutes but I'm so glad I did, that final try was a great example of nothing-to-lose rugby (and I'm not even a Rabbitohs fan, sorry :|)

hey no need to be sorry. 8-)

and yeah its such a pleasure to watch this team this year. they seem to stumble 20-15 minutes out from half time but after the break seem to gather their heads. they pull shit out of their hats that previous teams would never have. its awesome. cant wait for dragons game next weekend.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    Well as a Tigers fan I can say that it has not been a pleasure watching our lot this year! Being from the UK originally, and a massive Wigan fan, I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Bunnies now that Michael Maguire is the coach. He got us to our first grand final in years and I was gutted when he left but I love watching the way his teams play.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    Well as a Tigers fan I can say that it has not been a pleasure watching our lot this year! Being from the UK originally, and a massive Wigan fan, I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Bunnies now that Michael Maguire is the coach. He got us to our first grand final in years and I was gutted when he left but I love watching the way his teams play.

well lets hope he can the bunnies to the grand final... thatd be all kinds of awesome... and not just for bunnies fans.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    thanx for coming dragons. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    BAH!!!!!!!!!

Inglis will get a couple of weeks for the shoulder charge. That was one of the most brutal tackles I've seen in a while. If he hadn't made contact with his head there wouldn't have been a problem with but he didn't missed him!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXDS5vinIMQ
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    BAH!!!!!!!!!

Inglis will get a couple of weeks for the shoulder charge. That was one of the most brutal tackles I've seen in a while. If he hadn't made contact with his head there wouldn't have been a problem with but he didn't missed him!!

it was a hit and half wasnt it?. maybe next time dean young will watch where hes going instead of looking for support. :P

i suspect inglis will get at least 3 weeks.

the ridiculous thing was while young was flat out on the deck, a cameraman thought it a good idea to get a shot of isaac luke to flash up on the big screen. luke wasnt amused and gave the camerman the 'cut' signal. what kind of idiot would flash on a guy suspended for a high shot when theres a guy on the ground as a result of the same thing. dumbarse.

im glad young is ok.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    BAH!!!!!!!!!

it was a hit and half wasnt it?. maybe next time dean young will watch where hes going instead of looking for support. :P

the ridiculous thing was while young was flat out on the deck, a cameraman thought it a good idea to get a shot of isaac luke to flash up on the big screen. luke wasnt amused and gave the camerman the 'cut' signal. what kind of idiot would flash on a guy suspended for a high shot when theres a guy on the ground as a result of the same thing. dumbarse.

im glad young is ok.

Yes Young's a tough nut. It's a shame his knees are giving out on him.

The TV directors at the footy are goons.They'll chase controversy any chance they get. The papers this morning were all about banning the shoulder charge when they should be looking at upping the suspensions for contact to the head. It gives me the shits when they waffle on about player welfare and then their the first to convict them of any wrongdoing whenever there is an off field discretion. After reading about the wash up of the Brett Stewart saga I was blown away at how it was reported to what really happen.

As Gus would say :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    Austicman wrote:
    BAH!!!!!!!!!

im glad young is ok.

Yes Young's a tough nut. It's a shame his knees are giving out on him.

The TV directors at the footy are goons.They'll chase controversy any chance they get. The papers this morning were all about banning the shoulder charge when they should be looking at upping the suspensions for contact to the head. It gives me the shits when they waffle on about player welfare and then their the first to convict them of any wrongdoing whenever there is an off field discretion. After reading about the wash up of the Brett Stewart saga I was blown away at how it was reported to what really happen.

As Gus would say :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

im in two minds about the shoulder charge. my problem with it is i wonder whether some players utilise it in order to cause maximum damage or whether its used in order to stop an offensive player cold. personally i love a bone rattling hit as much as the next person but if a player goes into a shoulder charge only to inflict harm then something needs to be done.but at least league players arent wearing helmets and padded. ;) ive no doubt G.I. saw dean young wasnt paying attention and used that to his advantage.. unfortunately its turned to his detriment... but no worries hell be back to help souths into the grand final. ;)

and yeah that brett stewart business was utter bullshit.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    7 more games and the bunnies will be premiers!!!!! woowoo!!!!!

i know there was a little slip against the seaeagles last week but better that slip come now than on grand final day.

GO BUNNIES!!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    cate no offense to rugby (it's not my sport being from adelaide) where is the geelong cats thread?
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    cate no offense to rugby (it's not my sport being from adelaide) where is the geelong cats thread?

who cares tim?????? :P :lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh and its rugby LEAGUE.. rugby union is mostly identified as being just plain rugby.so when you speak of rugby youre speaking of union... the rabbitohs play league, not union(therefore not rugby). 2 different sports. figure it out. :fp: :P :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:

oh and its rugby LEAGUE.. rugby union is mostly identified as being just plain rugby. 2 different sports. figure it out. :P

I know the difference : :roll: one of them have big thick necks and the others have thick necks but are smaller :lol: sorry had to do it.. I'm an Aussie rules Aussie through and through.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Cate I thought you were a Melbourne lass? Or am I wrong..

• Options
    Zoso wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

oh and its rugby LEAGUE.. rugby union is mostly identified as being just plain rugby. 2 different sports. figure it out. :P

I know the difference : :roll: one of them have big thick necks and the others have thick necks but are smaller :lol: sorry had to do it.. I'm an Aussie rules Aussie through and through.

:lol::lol::lol: good to see living in jersey hasnt dulled your sense of humour. but such disrespect :nono: ;) ... i grew up watching VFL.. yes VFL. they played in black and white back then and it was on every saturday. it was so much fun watching a sport where the guys just ran around with a ball, no rules and those great big cheersquad pompoms behind the goals. then i watched as this strange game morphed into something very strong and starting consuming the hearts of my fellow countrymen. and i watched as the leagueheads ran to catch up, never quite succeeding. its been an intersting study.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    Cate I thought you were a Melbourne lass? Or am I wrong..

i demand a duel sir.. you have sullied my honour and that of my house. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    WTH is a Rabbitoh?

giant-rabbit2.jpg?

good question.. :lol:

• Options
    [quote="Zoso"

I know the difference : :roll: one of them have big thick necks and the others have thick necks but are smaller :lol: sorry had to do it.. I'm an Aussie rules Aussie through and through.[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol: good to see living in jersey hasnt dulled your sense of humour. but such disrespect :nono: ;) ... i grew up watching VFL.. yes VFL. they played in black and white back then and it was on every saturday. it was so much fun watching a sport where the guys just ran around with a ball, no rules and those great big cheersquad pompoms behind the goals. then i watched as this strange game morphed into something very strong and starting consuming the hearts of my fellow countrymen. and i watched as the leagueheads ran to catch up, never quite succeeding. its been an intersting study.[/quote]

not sure the expansion is going to work into Greater Western Sydney or the Gold Coast thought....

• Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    GO the Dogs...

ANd go the Swans...

Both Number one on the ladder... wooooo
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    WTH is a Rabbitoh?

giant-rabbit2.jpg?

good question.. :lol:

its been asked and answered. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    ITS FINALS TIME!!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    personally i think greg inglis is fullback of the year... but then again im entirely biased.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Go Melbourne Storm.
    Fuck the rest, especially Manly.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Doubt Rusty will throw any phones tonight! :lol:
  • Options
    Worst names for sports teams some of these rugby teams...

Rabbitohs
    Eels

wtf?!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Well Parramatta is Aboriginal for Eels... so hence Parramatta Eels...

But, looking forward...

Souths are going to be playing the big boys this Saturday night... Go the Doggies...

And Swans Vs pies on friday... Carn the Bloods...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    pjfan31 wrote:

But, looking forward...

Souths are going to be playing the big boys this Saturday night... Go the Doggies...

I didn't know that about Parramatta.
    Is Rabbitohs Aboriginal for big freak bunny?

And carn' the Blood, hate Collingwood, love Goodesy.
  • Options
    t
    pjfan31 wrote:

But, looking forward...

itll be a big one thats for sure. ive no doubt the bunnies can win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZXBFbtbB5w
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    So the Rabbits looked better than last week but they will have improve again or the Doggies will eat them alive. They had that little lapse during the first half. If they do that against the Dogs they'll be toast.

Your top guys will have big games no doubt. It will be guys like Sutton, Reynolds and Pettyborne that will have huge games.

C'mon Manly!! Knock that last out of town team out!!!
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    So the Rabbits looked better than last week but they will have improve again or the Doggies will eat them alive. They had that little lapse during the first half. If they do that against the Dogs they'll be toast.

Your top guys will have big games no doubt. It will be guys like Sutton, Reynolds and Pettyborne that will have huge games.

C'mon Manly!! Knock that last out of town team out!!!

the key lies with sutton and reynolds. G.I looks off his game a little. i know he has issues and i know hasler will take advantage of that.. but if he comes to play(not that i doubt he ever doesnt when hes fit) hell run right over the top of anyone foolish to get in his way. and i agree, the little lapses they have will kill them against the doggies. but mcguire will be aware of that and hell make the players aware(if theyre not already). itll have to be a total team effort from the bunnies. im calling a souths - manly grand final.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say