Options

The 1992 Broadcasts Limited 180gram White 2LP

13»

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233
    I ordered from What Records on April 1st, 2012..and haven't recieved mine yet. I sent 2 emails to them..no response..A little worried cause it is over 90 days now..hope they don't burn me....

Weird, got mine from there over 2 weeks ago. Tim usually answers emails quite quickly too
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    love-boat-captainlove-boat-captain Essex. UK Posts: 476
    Just email them, they are an honest company and I like buying vinyl from them as they wrap it well and carefully too, rather than just put it in a box.
    London 29-10-96, London 29/30-5-00, London 20-4-06, Reading 27-8-06, London 18-6-07, London 11-8-09, London 18-8-09, London 25-6-10, Berlin 30-6-10 / PJ20 3/4-9-11, Manchester 20-6-12, Amsterdam 26/27-6-12, EV-London 30/31-7-12, EV-Orlando 27-11-12
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    Horse2345 wrote:
    I ordered from What Records on April 1st, 2012..and haven't recieved mine yet. I sent 2 emails to them..no response..A little worried cause it is over 90 days now..hope they don't burn me....

Weird, got mine from there over 2 weeks ago. Tim usually answers emails quite quickly too

Same here. Got mine 2 weeks ago. You emailed <!-- e --><a href="mailto:whatuk@aol.com">whatuk@aol.com</a><!-- e --> right? What's the status on your order? http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/myorder.asp
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Visited my family last week and a local record store in that area had 2 copies of this.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options

Mine only turned up on Friday of last week - nice day getting in to work today and finding that and the benny boxset waiting for me
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    demetrios wrote:
    Thy package has arrived. Minty fresh!! :)

Hs2y1.jpg?1
    Lucky you! I think the USPS used mine for a game of frisbee.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Thy package has arrived. Minty fresh!! :)

Hs2y1.jpg?1
    Lucky you! I think the USPS used mine for a game of frisbee.

D'oh! Were the records inside ok or damaged?
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    Nah, the records were fine so all is good, thankfully.
  • Options
    TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Options
    TT8270 wrote:

They also released this in red & purple right? Not shocking to see this is not sold out.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    demetrios wrote:
    TT8270 wrote:

They also released this in red & purple right? Not shocking to see this is not sold out.

Is it good sound quality? seeing the red vinyl on amazon.ca.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Has any received this from What Records who ordered from here?

I have never had a bad transaction with What Records until this debacle. I was charged for this LP and the Nirvana back when they were announced (about $100) and since then, I've received a generic bulk email saying the Nirvana won't be happening and people will be issued refunds (that was about early August).

Since then, my card has not been refunded, I have emailed Tim (at What Records) 7 times over the past 2 months. After the 5th email I received an "I'll look into this" email and since my last two mails (october 18th and yesterday) I still have not heard back.

I know they normally run a great shop so this is really frustrating and also very unprofessional.

Wondering if anyone else is having similar problems.

*Thought I'd post this in here before I started a fresh thread calling them out. Maybe there's a good reason. I just haven't been told it.
  • Options
    Has any received this from What Records who ordered from here?

Yep, I received my copy from What Records. Ordered the first day presales were taken.
  • Options
    I received mine from WhatRecords as well.
  • Options
    Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited October 2012
    This is an absolute joke...
    There are threads & threads about bootlegs in this forum sold by pretty good sized record stores and Pearl Jam/Ten Club doesn't do a thing about stopping them from selling them. I don't know why any of you would buy a flac sourced vinyl for shows that have been circulating for almost 20 years, but that's beside the point.
    Anyway... I put up a silver CD bootleg that I purchased in the mid 90's from a record convention on ebay & Santos L Halper had my auction pulled. I put it up for $20, exactly what I paid 20 years ago. All you have to do is click on my ebay history and see i'm not a bootlegger. You can tell I'm just a former fan selling off a good portion of my collection and other assorted household items. It's a pretty popular bootleg that I've seen sold numerous time in the "Lost Dogs" forum and the only one I've ever try to sell. UNREAL!! I've been completley alienated from this band from the utter hippocracy over the last 5 years or so but this is just crazy! Whatever... I'm just glad I came to my senses after 90+ shows in 2008 when seeing the Verizon signs and stopped wasing my money and time.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK POLICING EBAY, SANTOS.....
    Keep bullying the fans while letting the large record stores get away with selling bootlegs
    (What Records, Sounstagedirect, Amazon, etc....)
    Post edited by Haywood Yablomee on
  • Options
    I am pretty sure these record companies aren't doing anything illegal with these vinyls. I am certain someone emailed them and they replied stating the reason that these aren't illegal. Maybe someone can point you to the thread.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure these record companies aren't doing anything illegal with these vinyls. I am certain someone emailed them and they replied stating the reason that these aren't illegal. Maybe someone can point you to the thread.

So what they're doing is fine but I'm doing the same thing and it's not ok??????
    Is this EV responding to me?
  • Options

So what they're doing is fine but I'm doing the same thing and it's not ok??????
    Is this EV responding to me?

No, this isn't EV here. I wish because then I would play Skipping for my girlfriend in Austin #2. I don't know the different laws/copyright regulations pertaining to certain live shows. I hope someone chimes in and points you to that thread I read a while back, or sheds some light on how these bootlegs are legal to produce by these companies.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762
    edited October 2012
    They're 'legal' because they're produced outside the US with less stringent copyright laws. Oversees manufacturing a small-scale bootleg operation is akin to driving over the speed limit. This is why they're always labeled as "imports".

If they were produced in the U.S. they would be blatantly illegal.

And yes all they're doing is taking bootlegged shows slapping them onto vinyl, changing the words from "we can only afford X amount of copies" to "limited edition of X amount"

What Records gets to profit off of someone elses art and makes: $$$$
    Pearl Jam makes: $0

Usually the operation is so small that it's not worth the band's efforts to shut down the operation (and it may generate ill-will).

Why do E-bay CD-R auctions get closed so often?
    It costs nothing and it's really easy to do.
    The risk of selling counterfeit/pirated items (whether its beknownst to ther seller) is much higher with CD's than vinyl.
    It's illegal.

Also, after looking at the label's main website it seems that they have a lot of broadcasts as their source audio. To me this means they probably fish out broadcasts and early recordings whose copyrights have since expired by European laws.
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options

CD-R auctions get closed so often? I've seen many Pearl Jam promo CDR's that were only released in CDR format. Not silver CD. And those don't get closed down. It is scary at time's trying to score one of these.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

CD-R auctions get closed so often? I've seen many Pearl Jam promo CDR's that were only released in CDR format. Not silver CD. And those don't get closed down. It is scary at time's trying to score one of these.

relative to bootlegged vinyl
  • Options
    Ok... And?
    The "silver bootleg" I'm selling is not a copy and is noted as that in the auction as well as a picture of the item. It's extremely obvious when cd bootlegs are original or cd-r copies.
    I'm selling a single copy on ebay and I get cancelled... But it's ok for soundstage, whose based out of the Pennslyvania, to sell them? Mine is an import as well. It has a purple import stamp on it.

"The operation is so small it not worth it" ?????????? "It might create i'll will"?????????????
    I"M ONE PERSON!!!! EVEN SMALLER!!!!!!! AND I"M A FAN!!!!!!!!
    They're 'legal' because they're produced outside the US with less stringent copyright laws. Oversees manufacturing a small-scale bootleg operation is akin to driving over the speed limit. This is why they're always labeled as "imports".

If they were produced in the U.S. they would be blatantly illegal.

And yes all they're doing is taking bootlegged shows slapping them onto vinyl, changing the words from "we can only afford X amount of copies" to "limited edition of X amount"

What Records gets to profit off of someone elses art and makes: $$$$
    Pearl Jam makes: $0

Usually the operation is so small that it's not worth the band's efforts to shut down the operation (and it may generate ill-will).

The risk of selling counterfeit/pirated items (whether its beknownst to ther seller) is much higher with CD's than vinyl.
    It's illegal.

Also, after looking at the label's main website it seems that they have a lot of broadcasts as their source audio. To me this means they probably fish out broadcasts and early recordings whose copyrights have since expired by European laws.
  • Options
    Ok... And?
    The "silver bootleg" I'm selling is not a copy and is noted as that in the auction as well as a picture of the item. It's extremely obvious when cd bootlegs are original or cd-r copies.
    I'm selling a single copy on ebay and I get cancelled... But it's ok for soundstage, whose based out of the Pennslyvania, to sell them? Mine is an import as well. It has a purple import stamp on it.

"The operation is so small it not worth it" ?????????? "It might create i'll will"?????????????

Easy big fella...I'm on your side. Your auction got shut down because it's easy to do so and at that time Santos was purusing through auctions and shutting them down. It's just luck of the draw.
  • Options
    Ok... And?

Easy big fella...I'm on your side. Your auction got shut down because it's easy to do so and at that time Santos was purusing through auctions and shutting them down. It's just luck of the draw.

Here's one thing that I've noticed. If the PJ item, is also sold on Amazon, & stores across the country & abroad, that hasn't been pulled off the shelves for a very long time, I believe these CD/DVD/Vinyl releases (1992 Broadcasts, Under Review, House Of Blues '03) were given the OK from Pearl Jam Co. to sell. That they get royalties from these releases. That is why it's OK. Haywood Yablomee, the bootleg's you talk about (http://members.core.com/10/C7/ryan/pj/) are releases PJ hasn't given the green light to. Bootlegs created by companies that hasn't given PJ the ok to release. I have dozens & dozens of these silver CD bootlegs. From Kiss The Stone records to Oxygen Records etc.. these were companies selling illegal products that couldn't be sold at your local Best Buy, Walmart, Tower Records etc.. shops. But the 1992 Broadcasts, Under Review, House Of Blues '03 releases, you can buy them. I saw the Pearl Jam Under Review @ my local Zellers store last month. It's all very weird.