Options

The 1992 Broadcasts Limited 180gram White 2LP

Comments

• Options
    how come 10c doesn't step in and stop this? I thought bootlegging for profit was frowned upon?
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    how come 10c doesn't step in and stop this? I thought bootlegging for profit was frowned upon?

maybe, only the "chosen ones" can do the bootlegging :roll:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    Did anyone receive on yet from What Records?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,231

It's technically not a bootleg. Don't ask me the finer details of copyright law. It's basically one giant headache to me. This recording already came out in Europe in CD format. It's a live recording. Someone in Europe owns the live recording and they are permitted to release it. (I think this was in another post on the 10c board from PJ management when the CD came out). So technically its not a bootleg as it was issued legally. However it has nothing to do with the band and they never sanctioned its release.

This is why it can't get released in North America. I don't think it would stand up to North American copyright law. Soundstagedirect it selling a different pressing of it (on red vinyl?). It must be imported as well.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I only got the shipping email the other day. It usually takes a week or two for me to get stuff from the UK (I do find it weird that I find things shipped from the UK to Canada arrive quicker than US to Canada).

As for the other posts. I like collecting stuff PJ. When I was younger I used to like buying silver pressed bootlegs. Now I have a hard time saying no when I see a bootleg vinyl.
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I only got the shipping email the other day. It usually takes a week or two for me to get stuff from the UK (I do find it weird that I find things shipped from the UK to Canada arrive quicker than US to Canada).

As for the other posts. I like collecting stuff PJ. When I was younger I used to like buying silver pressed bootlegs. Now I have a hard time saying no when I see a bootleg vinyl.

Same here on June 15th I received a shipping confirmation. Surprised nobody in the UK or close by haven't received it yet.

Unofficial Silver CD Pearl Jam Bootlegs? I got the stuff. :)
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    Zod wrote:

It's technically not a bootleg. Don't ask me the finer details of copyright law. It's basically one giant headache to me. This recording already came out in Europe in CD format. It's a live recording. Someone in Europe owns the live recording and they are permitted to release it. (I think this was in another post on the 10c board from PJ management when the CD came out). So technically its not a bootleg as it was issued legally. However it has nothing to do with the band and they never sanctioned its release.

This is why it can't get released in North America. I don't think it would stand up to North American copyright law. Soundstagedirect it selling a different pressing of it (on red vinyl?). It must be imported as well.

I received mine from Soundstagedirect today, red vinyl. Not bad.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    I can't understand why people buy for digital sourced boots put on wax. Could be a mp3-source but as long as it has the vinyl cracks it sounds great...

If you only had the cash to start it up you could without any problems press 500 copies of... the Orpheum CD on vinyl.You could make a nice sleeve for it, press it on colored vinyl. Even different random colors.

Would people actually buy that?
    Then I should consider doing it. Doesn't cost much for each record as long as you get the cash back.

PHILLY BOOTS!!!!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I can't understand why people buy for digital sourced boots put on wax. Could be a mp3-source but as long as it has the vinyl cracks it sounds great...

If you only had the cash to start it up you could without any problems press 500 copies of... the Orpheum CD on vinyl.You could make a nice sleeve for it, press it on colored vinyl. Even different random colors.

Would people actually buy that?
    Then I should consider doing it. Doesn't cost much for each record as long as you get the cash back.

PHILLY BOOTS!!!!

Philly '09 complete 4 vinyl box set? Now that would be UNFUCKINBELIEVABLE!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    demetrios wrote:
    Philly '09 complete 4 vinyl box set? Now that would be UNFUCKINBELIEVABLE!!!!! :D

Well, apparently, all we need is a rich-ass Ten Club member to copy the CDs to vinyl.

Obvious would be one red disc, one white disc, and one blue disc. Picture of the confetti falling down (PJ20) as a fourth disc..

Someone with the dollars and tech needs to get on this. Please. :)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    demetrios wrote:

Well, apparently, all we need is a rich-ass Ten Club member to copy the CDs to vinyl.

Obvious would be one red disc, one white disc, and one blue disc. Picture of the confetti falling down (PJ20) as a fourth disc..

lets do this - i've got the confetti
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

lets do this - i've got the confetti
    :lol::lol::lol:

Sign me up on this project!! :)
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    I received my copy today from What Records today and unfortunately it looks like someone dropped the damn thing on every corner BEFORE they wrapped it in bubblewrap and sent it to me. :x Vinyl appears undamaged though. Curious if anyone else gets a beat up copy.

Also, the cover is the one with Ed & Jeff leaning against each other, not the cover shown on their web site and the one sold as a CD. Vinyl is white.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I received my copy today from What Records today and unfortunately it looks like someone dropped the damn thing on every corner BEFORE they wrapped it in bubblewrap and sent it to me. :x Vinyl appears undamaged though. Curious if anyone else gets a beat up copy.

Also, the cover is the one with Ed & Jeff leaning against each other, not the cover shown on their web site and the one sold as a CD. Vinyl is white.
    How does it sound?
  • Options

Got a pic?

PearlJam-1992TheBroadcastsFront.jpg

Is the back anything like this?

PearlJam-1992TheBroadcastsBack.jpg
  • Options
    pearl_jam_1992_broadcasts_picture.JPG
    I think this is the cover mentioned above
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:

How does it sound?
    My turntable isn't the greatest but I think it sounds pretty good.
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:
    Yes, that's the cover. I'll take a pic of the back.
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:

So the one solds @ Sound Stage Direct & What Records are the same? Cool!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    MedozK wrote:

Yep, looks like it, but I think the vinyl might be different colors.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

White from What Records. Purple from Sound Stage Direct.
    Soon Amazon will be selling Pink! :P
  • Options
    back:
    thebroadcasts_back.jpg

inside:
    thebroadcasts_inside.jpg

vinyl:
    thebroadcasts_vinyl.jpg
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

White from What Records. Purple from Sound Stage Direct.
    Soon Amazon will be selling Pink! :P

I wouldn't be surprised! I think I recall seeing it advertised as red vinyl too but that might be a different opinion on the purple. Since it's translucent it probably looks different depending on the light.
  • Options
    Here's the small print on the back cover. :geek:
    thebroadcasts_text.jpg

here's a link to a larger (readable) version: :)
    http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab25 ... ext_lg.jpg
  • Options
    Here's the small print on the back cover. :geek:
    thebroadcasts_text.jpg

here's a link to a larger (readable) version: :)
    http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab25 ... ext_lg.jpg

Thanks!
  • Options
    Thy package has arrived. Minty fresh!! :)

Hs2y1.jpg?1
  • Options
    I got mine today as well. I thought the packing was done rather well. It didn't look cheap at all. I haven't had a chance to spin it yet.

I wonder if this is the same company that is making the house of blues 03 cd. Maybe we'll get a vinyl for that too?
  • Options
    Pulled the trigger on this the other day.. Came in the mail today.. I got a red vinyl
    One.. Sounds alright...I could do without side D.. Wish they coulda done a cool Stickman etching on that side instead of the other tracks added. But all in all for an unofficial boot I think it's ok.
  • Options
    I found one in my local record store today up here in western Canada. A purple 180 gram one from "Let Them Eat Vinyl" Ltd. Ed. 201/500. But the only evidence of what copy/number you have is a tiny sticker on the OUTER plastic sleeve. So I guess there might be 500 purple versions and then, eventually, 500 of every other color that exists until there are 10's of thousands out there.

Edit: I see Demetrios' copy has a different Ltd. Ed./number sticker than mine......
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,596
    I ordered from What Records on April 1st, 2012..and haven't recieved mine yet. I sent 2 emails to them..no response..A little worried cause it is over 90 days now..hope they don't burn me....
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23