Options

Vaccinate your kids?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    rgambs said:
    deadendp said:
    And their stories are changing from what was originally posted on FB by the mom. All of her posts are deleted, but screenshots are floating around. 

Maybe he wouldn't have made it if he took the Tamiflu. I personally know two people who had this flu despite having a flu shot and being in great health. One was an adult male, 40, from the moment he started feeling a lil something coming on to the time of his doctors appointment (48  hours later), he had full on pneumonia and very close to needing to be admitted. The second was his daughter maybe a month and a half later. 9 years old. Active kid. Sick the entire Christmas break, went to the doctor 3x, 2 antibiotics and took over a month to start feeling herself. They have both fully recovered. 

It's a seriously nasty flu. Still, it seems that in this case, more could have been attempted. It may not have been successful, but ...
    Likelihood of fatality is still very low...assuming you attempt to reduce the fever with Motrin or Tylenol, and not eucalyptus and lemon oil.  Or whatever cockamamie concoction FB loons suggested.
    True. My favorite suggestion given to her was "vitamin C until diarrhea." The kid was having a hard enough time. Needn't add to it. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    deadendp said:
    rgambs said:
    deadendp said:
    And their stories are changing from what was originally posted on FB by the mom. All of her posts are deleted, but screenshots are floating around. 

Maybe he wouldn't have made it if he took the Tamiflu. I personally know two people who had this flu despite having a flu shot and being in great health. One was an adult male, 40, from the moment he started feeling a lil something coming on to the time of his doctors appointment (48  hours later), he had full on pneumonia and very close to needing to be admitted. The second was his daughter maybe a month and a half later. 9 years old. Active kid. Sick the entire Christmas break, went to the doctor 3x, 2 antibiotics and took over a month to start feeling herself. They have both fully recovered. 

It's a seriously nasty flu. Still, it seems that in this case, more could have been attempted. It may not have been successful, but ...
    Likelihood of fatality is still very low...assuming you attempt to reduce the fever with Motrin or Tylenol, and not eucalyptus and lemon oil.  Or whatever cockamamie concoction FB loons suggested.
    True. My favorite suggestion given to her was "vitamin C until diarrhea." The kid was having a hard enough time. Needn't add to it. 
    Yeah, exactly.  What a fucking moronic suggestion.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?