IF U HIT MEGA...whats your charity of choice?

2»

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    norm wrote:
    i'd set up a foundation and spread it around to many charities

Great idea.

I'd also make sure that the ALS Association received a hefty donation.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,441
    Family....
    Thats it...

The 1st 2,000 people who asked for a handout???
    No matter what the amount....

I wouldnt give them a fucking dime.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Big Cat Rescue, Wounded Warriors, ASPCA, and similar ones.

But then when I think about it, there are so many I feel are worthy...and I do get that that term is subjective.

Charity shouldn't be limited to organizations, in my mind...such as the folks who don't have nor want the spotlight but are just as much in need - legitimately so (for what "legitimately" means to me).

To paraphrase Dennis Miller, "I want to help the helpless, not the clueless."
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    g under p wrote:
    I'm not buying a ticket so I can't win....however if I ever came into that kind of ridiculous amount of money i would give to...

HOSPICE of Palm Beach FL

Veterans Administration of WPB

Domestic Violence Chapter in Palm Beach

Local Churches

finally....I would set up a foundation for teens here in Palm Beach to teach them How to sail and captain and maintain a sailboat. This would also include teaching them the art of fishing..catch and release only.

Peace...good luck

dude you're crazy not to bet 1 buck....

oh wait u in florida...so thats why?

Even if those tickets were sold here in Florida I probably wouldn't buy one anyway i wouldn't be able to handle all of the attention that would go with it. Who needs all that attention and stress. :shock:

Strange though one of my clients a multi millionaire would ask me to go and buy him lottery tickets ANYTIME it reached over 100mil. He would give me anywhere from $100-$500 each time until somebody won.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Lothian Autistic Society-So Ben can keep going to their summer playgroups
    To my place of work to make the building a better facilities for the families that come to us
    Skylight-Childhood Survivors of Sexual Abuse
    Marie Curie
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    I would give money to:

Bean's Cafe/Brother Francis Shelter (The main support for the homeless in Anchorage)

Open Door Community (Assistance and advocacy for the homeless, indigent mentally ill and otherwise marginalized in Atlanta, GA, where I used to live)

The Southern Center for Human Rights (anti-death penalty, prison & jail reform, justice reform in Atlanta, GA)

The Occupy Movement (they may not be perfect, but at least they are doing SOMETHING to address the gross injustices perpetrated by the banking industry and corporate America in general).

One of a few veteran's groups that deal with the difficulties of guys who came back from Vietnam, The Gulf, Afghanistan, etc with mental, emotional, or physical challenges.

So basically, the same groups and types of groups I have given money to during my entire adult life. The only difference would be that these checks would contain a lot more zeros. :lol:
  • Local animal shelters. I'd love to buy a ranch and hire people to run it and then empty out shelters and have all the critters live somewhere lovely and be happy :)
    This.