IF U HIT MEGA...whats your charity of choice?

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
besides pearl jam related...

i would give to the GARDEN OF DREAMS .....its for under-privilaged kids run by MSG and rangers + knicks

do tell
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    The First Tee Program

Helps facilitate inner-city participation in the game of golf, teaching life's lessons through the game, and promotes junior golf in all regions
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    edited March 2012
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. They do wonderful things.
    Post edited by PJ88 on
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I'm not sure which one, but something to do with clean drinking water.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Local animal shelters. I'd love to buy a ranch and hire people to run it and then empty out shelters and have all the critters live somewhere lovely and be happy :)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I would give a million to a local homeless shelter. I truly don't trust the big name charities with all of their corporate red tape and high priced executives.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    * Humane Society of King County
    * Planned Parenthood-(F' you Susan G Komen)
    * Battered Women's Shelter
    * YWCA
    * Fare Start

and a bunch of others that I would have to research.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    DS1119 wrote:
    I would give a million to a local homeless shelter. I truly don't trust the big name charities with all of their corporate red tape and high priced executives.
    That's why I would want to keep it local, or like deliver things directly to people, rather than just hand over a ton of cash.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,229
    Childrens cancer hospitals .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    edited March 2012
    The Galactosemia Foundation. The disease my daughter suffers from.
    Post edited by I'm a Truck on
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    And good thread. Nice to know people still think of others.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Partners In Health
    local food pantries
    local animal rescue/sanctuaries
    ELITIST FUK
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:
    That's why I would want to keep it local, or like deliver things directly to people, rather than just hand over a ton of cash.

http://farestart.org/ :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,684
    The Human Fund :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'd set up a foundation and spread it around to many charities
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    norm wrote:

yep.

I'd also give money to youth shelters and organizations and SF's Coallition on Homelessness.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    norm wrote:
    Yeah that's the best way to go. There are so many worth causes out there, I know animals are just one I'd want to help, along with people to help senior citizens in nursing homes, medical research, immigrant rights.
  • I like Norm's idea, he made me change my mind. !!
    I'd love to fund an organization that I could oversee and make my business -- since I won MEGA and all ...and have no need to work, I could make helping others my work.
    Children in need would be the emphasis. It sucks of me to say it but I would want to spend the most where it might impact the most.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    Local animal shelters. I'd love to buy a ranch and hire people to run it and then empty out shelters and have all the critters live somewhere lovely and be happy :)

this, love animals :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I like Donors Choose, where you can contribute to projects for various schools across the country.

http://www.donorschoose.org/

Planned Parenthood. And I'd set up something involving adoption - that'll be my Norm-inspired foundation, maybe something in India (our daughter is adopted from there).
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    If I won the big jackpot all for myself, I would give $5 million to the Jimmy Fund and $5 million to the Children's Hospital of Boston.

http://www.jimmyfund.org/
    http://www.childrenshospital.org/
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ALL GOOD STUFF KIDDIES

hopefully one of us can make it happen
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Waggin Tails (local animal rescue)
    i would create a local scholarship for underprivileged kids that try hard but just can't make it

and more
    i would stay on the local level so to be sure its going where it should be going
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    Alex's Lemonade Stand
    MS Society
    Local Food Shelters
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    the human fund
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    just some of the charities i'd spread it around to;

jdrf
    national kidney foundation
    planned parenthood
    northwest harvest
    national domestic violence hotline
    national & washington state coalition against dv

also quite a few specific local charities
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I'm not buying a ticket so I can't win....however if I ever came into that kind of ridiculous amount of money i would give to...

HOSPICE of Palm Beach FL

Veterans Administration of WPB

Domestic Violence Chapter in Palm Beach

Local Churches

finally....I would set up a foundation for teens here in Palm Beach to teach them How to sail and captain and maintain a sailboat. This would also include teaching them the art of fishing..catch and release only.

Peace...good luck
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    g under p wrote:
    I'm not buying a ticket so I can't win....however if I ever came into that kind of ridiculous amount of money i would give to...

HOSPICE of Palm Beach FL

Veterans Administration of WPB

Domestic Violence Chapter in Palm Beach

Local Churches

finally....I would set up a foundation for teens here in Palm Beach to teach them How to sail and captain and maintain a sailboat. This would also include teaching them the art of fishing..catch and release only.

Peace...good luck

dude you're crazy not to bet 1 buck....

oh wait u in florida...so thats why?
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    The Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County (DAP) and the Atlantic County Women's Center...as well as other reputable agencies serving survivors of domestic and sexual violence. I'd also quit my job and volunteer some time at DAP and see some of my current clients pro bono.

I'd also donate to and volunteer at animal shelters and I would finally be able to have my baby animal farm!!!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County (DAP) and the Atlantic County Women's Center...as well as other reputable agencies serving survivors of domestic and sexual violence. I'd also quit my job and volunteer some time at DAP and see some of my current clients pro bono.

I'd also donate to and volunteer at animal shelters and I would finally be able to have my baby animal farm!!!

Isn't there a charity that collects used shoes ?

;):D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

Isn't there a charity that collects used shoes ?

;):D
    LOL I'm not giving those babies away! :shock:
    Actually we did an event at work called "Walk a mile in her shoes" and we had to collect shoes. But they were ugly so I didn't keep them :? :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"