help with dog name

weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Just adopted a dog, but we are having a hard time coming up with a name. Any suggestions? She is a 2 year old black lab (sorry, don't know how to post pictures but she is on adoptalab.org, name is Bella on there). Looking for a somewhat girly name, can reference music/beer (we are homebrewers)/or boston sports teams

Top runner so far is Neely but were still looking for more suggestions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    You could combine your love of Boston sports with your passion for beer and name her Jenks. ;)
    You could combine your love of Boston sports with your passion for beer and name her Jenks. ;)

So ... I take it you have a pet named Joba the Gimp. :twisted:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    so many Tessie's around here so that's a no go (thanks though)...keep em coming
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    how about ... sox
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    wufff....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    How about P.J. -- for Pearl Jam and Stock!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Larry
  • Neosurfer79Neosurfer79 Posts: 290
    Lukin!
    Sound Advice Amphitheatre - Apr 11,2003, House Of Blues Orlando - Apr 12, 2003, St. Pete Times Forum - Apr 13, 2003,Silver Spurs Arena - Oct 08, 2004, Cruzan Amphitheatre - Jun 11, 2008, St. Pete Times, Forum - Jun 12, 2008, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Honkie
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Keep it Bella... 2yrs old now I think would be hard to start over? imo
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I always wanted to name a dog after the PJ tune: Foxymophandlemama...foxymop for short.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Nami wrote:
    Keep it Bella... 2yrs old now I think would be hard to start over? imo

already have a cat names Bella, or else we would.
  • winerak2winerak2 Posts: 6
    Stella! named after a beer and close to her current name so might not be too confusing. I think I just named your dog. DO IT.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    what about mookie
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • jweyersjweyers Posts: 364
    Was gonna say Manny, but then she would have no interest in playing ball......
    winerak2 wrote:
    Stella! named after a beer and close to her current name so might not be too confusing. I think I just named your dog. DO IT.

I'll never name my dog after a "skunky" beer ;)

I mentioned Mookie already but i'll have to run that by the wife again, maybe she'll come around on that one.

I'm shooting for Guinness also, got shut down with Porter
    jweyers wrote:
    Was gonna say Manny, but then she would have no interest in playing ball......

nice :lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I like Brewster :D
  • winerak2winerak2 Posts: 6
    Killian? ok i quit.

winerak2 wrote:

I'll never name my dog after a "skunky" beer ;)

I mentioned Mookie already but i'll have to run that by the wife again, maybe she'll come around on that one.

I'm shooting for Guinness also, got shut down with Porter
  • CheeksCheeks Posts: 151
    Fenway?

Also, we adopted a dog a few years ago and he was about 2 years old. He was fine with a name change.... which was good because I was not about to stand in my backyard yelling Gucci!!!
    Cheeks wrote:
    Fenway?

Also, we adopted a dog a few years ago and he was about 2 years old. He was fine with a name change.... which was good because I was not about to stand in my backyard yelling Gucci!!!

love the name, but a good friends dog is named that.

I'll need to bring of of these to the wife to see what she says. Thanks everyone
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,437
    Spot
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Walter
    or Chuck
  • jweyersjweyers Posts: 364
    Babe or Ruth
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,437
    Flippy
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • CheeksCheeks Posts: 151
    Sorry, kinda bored at work already....

How about Boo? After Dave 'Boo' Ferriss, played for the Red Sox from 1945 to 1950. Also, kinda works since she is a black lab---kinda Halloween theme thing.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i think a female dog is tougher to name than a male. i prefer female dogs though. mine is kasey.

if i ever get a male dog, he will be called Sir Barkley Barks A Lot.
    www.myspace.com
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    i think a female dog is tougher to name than a male. i prefer female dogs though. mine is kasey.

if i ever get a male dog, he will be called Sir Barkley Barks A Lot.
    thats cute :D