Options

Boston is Mighty hard to beat this tour!

2»

Comments

• Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    If it took pearl jam 15 years to come to north east I would think we would be equal to the task. We are spoiled. They(South America) would get excited about seeing Van Halen with Gary Charone on lead, that's how deprived they are.

That's too funny... But I'm guilty also, I saw that tour...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    LongRhode wrote:
    I believe he says star also...
    quote]

yeah, you're both right. it is "star" and i've corrected my quote..

Thanks for the assist!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    Every band that comes through here loves us. Too bad we've never produced a truly great band.

Aerosmith doesn't count.

WTF?................

J. Geils Band
    Boston
    The Cars
    Staind
    Godsmack

Hello?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    WTF?................

J. Geils Band
    Boston
    The Cars
    Staind
    Godsmack

Hello?

Stained is from Springfield, MA... Saw them @ The Russian Lady in Hartford when they were an Alice in Chains cover band... (oops, trubute band)
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2016 Fenway I
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    locked wrote:
    WTF?................

J. Geils Band
    Boston
    The Cars
    Staind
    Godsmack

Hello?

Adding:

Mission of Burma
    Bosstones
    THE PIXIES - lets not forget how influential they were.
    Morphine
    Lemonheads
    james Taylor
    Tracy Chapman
    Buffalo Tom
    Dresden Dolls
    Dinosaur Jr

MY MAIN MAN - MARTIN SEXTON

To name a few more....

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    locked wrote:
    J. Geils Band

Yea Yea Yea !!! I think I was in 7th/8th grade when "Centerfold" came out.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Adding:

Mission of Burma
    Bosstones
    Morphine
    Lemonheads
    james Taylor
    Tracy Chapman
    Buffalo Tom
    Dresden Dolls
    Dinosaur Jr

To name a few more....

Let's not get carried away, Locked did say "truely great"....
    2016 Fenway I
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,299
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    That's too funny... But I'm guilty also, I saw that tour...
    I saw it as well and was actually fairly impressed with how Cherone acquitted himself. But as usual, money talks (and EVH is a loon) and it was a short lived union.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I saw it as well and was actually fairly impressed with how Cherone acquitted himself. But as usual, money talks (and EVH is a loon) and it was a short lived union.

Cherone has a great voice... He's a singer, not a rock star to the extent Roth and Hagar are, so i believe that's part of why it didn't really work out. But I was impressed with Charone too...

Speaking of VH, Going to see Sammy & The Cabo's w/ Micheal Anthony at Mohegan Sun next month, should be cool... Always is, they played Foxwoods last year...
    2016 Fenway I
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Let's not get carried away, Locked did say "truely great"....

So....New Kids on the Block count, right?
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    Grand Rapids was better than Boston in my opinion.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,606
    SENROCK! wrote:
    IT DONT MATTER IF IT WAS FIVE YEARS AGO! THIS SHOW IS THE NEW KING!!!

Highly doubtful. They'll top it on their next leg like they always do. One comment by Ed, that's all it was. Get over it. I'm not saying it wasn't a great show, or the best of the tour. But, this whole "I was there" or "Boston is the best" talk is ridiculous. Get over yourselves. If you want perspective think about the numbers 26 and 1 for a while.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Adding:

Mission of Burma
    Bosstones
    Morphine
    Lemonheads
    james Taylor
    Tracy Chapman
    Buffalo Tom
    Dresden Dolls
    Dinosaur Jr

To name a few more....

Dinosaur Jr is from Amherst, way out in Western, MA. I forgot about the Pixies, because I am a dumbass. But I would defiantely consider those two to be great bands.
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Cherone has a great voice... He's a singer, not a rock star to the extent Roth and Hagar are, so i believe that's part of why it didn't really work out. But I was impressed with Charone too...

Speaking of VH, Going to see Sammy & The Cabo's w/ Micheal Anthony at Mohegan Sun next month, should be cool... Always is, they played Foxwoods last year...
    Turning this into a Van Halen singer thread...

I went to the Roth/Hagar show in 2003 at the Tweeter, and Gary came out with Sammy during the encores to duet on a couple of numbers. By far Cherone had the best singing voice of the 3 that night. Plus Michael Anthony played about half the set with Sammy, so every one time member of Van Halen not surnamed "Van Halen" graced the stage that night. And Roth's band was smokin'.

Sammy and Mike and co. at Mohegan Sun should be a good show. Just watch out for the poker machines there, they cheat.
  • Options
    Get over yourselves. If you want perspective think about the numbers 26 and 1 for a while.
    Actually that should be 26 and 6 my friend. 2004 was the Sox' 6th WS title.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Turning this into a Van Halen singer thread...

I went to the Roth/Hagar show in 2003 at the Tweeter, and Gary came out with Sammy during the encores to duet on a couple of numbers. By far Cherone had the best singing voice of the 3 that night. Plus Michael Anthony played about half the set with Sammy, so every one time member of Van Halen not surnamed "Van Halen" graced the stage that night. And Roth's band was smokin'.

Sammy and Mike and co. at Mohegan Sun should be a good show. Just watch out for the poker machines there, they cheat.

Yeah I saw the Roth/Hagar tour too, in Hartford. It was a lot of fun... No Charone or M.A. there though... But still kicked ass. I think they had a "friendly" little rivalry going, huh?

Excellent gaming advice... I go to Foxwoods and play live poker anyway...
    2016 Fenway I
  • Options
    im very very glad i went also!!! i just consider both the shows as ONE awesome concert experience, the crowd after the rats, comatose combo was crazy!!!!! had an amazing time, i knew they were gonna be good, but that good?? rivals seattle 2000 II for myself.

high praise I would say!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,933
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    grand rapids cleveland camden 2 kicked bostons ass. so no not really. and it doesnt hold a candle to pitt 2000 state college 03. the boot is great but not legendary. get over yourself they wont even release boston 2 as the cd from leg 1. boston got leash OOOOOOOHHHHH

geez, a little sensitive......lemme guess, you think these shows were better than boston because you were there

You were probably one of the fans that were hoping they wouldn't play Leash in Boston because you wanted it to be played first in Philly
  • Options
    sixpixeesixpixee Posts: 37
    the shows in boston are terrible! those of you from out of town (especially with ten club numbers lower than 97xxx) should not come to boston ever again! ;)
    9.21.96 Toronto*8.22.98 Barrie*9.15.98 Mansfield*9.16.98 Mansfield*8.27.00 Saratoga Springs*8.29.00 Mansfield*8.30.00 Mansfield*9.2.00 Camden NJ*9.4.00 Columbia MD*7.2.03 Mansfield*9.28.04 Boston*5.24.06 Boston*5.25.06 Boston*6.28.08 Mansfield*6.30.08 Mansfield*8.2.08 EV Boston
  • Options
    What the fuck is wrong with you? Wasn't that show like 2 weeks ago? Get over it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha....now that was funny.

I've gotta agree. It seems like a great show but is it really necessary to start another thread on the subject 3 weeks after the fact? It's almost like the Boston folk feel the need to constantly reassure each other that they had the best show. If you think that...good for you. There's no need to regurgitate the same thing over and over and over again.
    Buffalo '96, Merriweather '98, VFC (D.C.) '98, Jones Beach III '00, Buffalo '03, Camden I '03, MSG I & II '03, Albany '06, East Rutherford II '06, MSG II '08, MSG I '10
  • Options
    sixpixee wrote:
    the shows in boston are terrible! those of you from out of town (especially with ten club numbers lower than 97xxx) should not come to boston ever again! ;)
    Yes, we don't need any out of towners at future Boston shows. ;)
    Stay in Philly, NY, Seattle, Chi-Town and all those places you think get better shows. Leave our poor quality shows to the New Englanders. :D
  • Options
    My "this show is gonna blow the roof off" was "Corduroy" from night #2..

After a "fuck yeah!" version of "Severed Hand", the band rips into a searing version of "Corduroy" running on all cylinders with the crowd 100% invested in it..

During the build up part (3:11 on the boot) Ed's bopping with the crowd saying:

"Alright you got it..
    Uh Huh...
    yeah..
    HERE WE GO!"

Mikey dishes off a classic solo and Matt's smashing everything in sight...

Chills!
    just gives me Chills!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford