Options

***Ben Harper Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Options
    I dig on Ben Harper too. A friend of mine and I saw him in a small warehouse in Brooklyn in February of 2010. I cannot seem to find this show anywhere. It was recorded by PBS for a taping. It is funny because just this morning I was going to email the Ben Haper main webpage. :)
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    My first Harper show was at the Riv in Chicago, I forgot what year, I think ‘97 and ‘98. Some dude all the way in back kept yelling , “FREE BIRD!” after every song. The announce level of the crowd kept escalating, till finally everyone in unison yelled, “SHUT UP!” Kinda annoying at the time, but funny looking back. That show was amazing though. My first proper rock show, If I remember correctly.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Both sides of the gun today. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,938
    Both sides of the gun today. 
    My favourite album of Ben’s. 👍
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    mfc2006 said:
    @LukinFan

Did you ever find White Lies for Dark Times on vinyl?
    It is on DiscOgs....
    Such an amazing record.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,938
    mfc2006 said:
    @LukinFan

It is on DiscOgs....
    Such an amazing record.
    I struggled to get into this one when released. Maybe I need to give it another go. I did love Fly One Time though. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Burn one down!✊🏻

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 said:
    @LukinFan

It is on DiscOgs....
    Such an amazing record.
    It really is. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,007
    mfc2006 said:
    @LukinFan

It is on DiscOgs....
    Such an amazing record.
    It really is, but it's too pricey on Discogs, at least the last time I looked it was. I'm hoping he re-issues it at some point. I'd love his live album with the R7 on vinyl too, but I think it's only on CD. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    Harper playing a few shows/festivals in the States before he heads off to Europe. So wish I was going, especially that Red Rocks show in May. Have fun to those that are. Hopefully, maybe, we get a show a little closer to the Midwest upon their return.
    Ben just got added to a weekend festival (JJ Grey's Solwater Revival) that starts next Friday. Ben and JJ on the same stage? It would be incredible if they did a song together. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    Harper playing a few shows/festivals in the States before he heads off to Europe. So wish I was going, especially that Red Rocks show in May. Have fun to those that are. Hopefully, maybe, we get a show a little closer to the Midwest upon their return.
    Ben just got added to a weekend festival (JJ Grey's Solwater Revival) that starts next Friday. Ben and JJ on the same stage? It would be incredible if they did a song together. 
    Nice. I’m not familiar with who JJ Grey is, but I’ll check him out. I do like when Ben shares the stage with another JJ(Jack Johnson) though. Have fun. 

• Options
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    Nice. I’m not familiar with who JJ Grey is, but I’ll check him out. I do like when Ben shares the stage with another JJ(Jack Johnson) though. Have fun. 
    If you like Ben, I think you will like JJ Grey and Mofro too. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    Yeah, I listened to a few songs yesterday, some live version of Lochloosa that I liked. I’ll delve more. Thanks

• Options
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    Yeah, I listened to a few songs yesterday, some live version of Lochloosa that I liked. I’ll delve more. Thanks
    Lochloosa is definitely a fan favorite. Check out Brighter Days too. If you can find live versions, that's the way to go. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    LukinFan said:
    mfc2006 said:
    @LukinFan

It is on DiscOgs....
    Such an amazing record.
    It really is, but it's too pricey on Discogs, at least the last time I looked it was. I'm hoping he re-issues it at some point. I'd love his live album with the R7 on vinyl too, but I think it's only on CD. 
    They just sent me this notification
    https://www.discogs.com/release/2852245-Ben-Harper-And-Relentless7-White-Lies-For-Dark-Times

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    mfc2006 said:
    @LukinFan

It is on DiscOgs....
    Such an amazing record.
    They just sent me this notification
    https://www.discogs.com/release/2852245-Ben-Harper-And-Relentless7-White-Lies-For-Dark-Times

That’s the one I’ve been watching. Great album. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Post edited by LukinFan on
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Last Friday night I was lucky enough to see Ben solo. He opened for JJ Grey & Mofro in St Augustine, FL. He was a last minute addition after another band pulled out (win for me). Ben was incredible. I hadn’t seen him since 2016, and that was with the Innocent Criminals. He only played for about an hour but he got through a good amount of songs, told some stories, and even played a NEW song “off his upcoming album”! Yea that’s right…a new Ben Harper album! 

And then I spotted Ben side stage watching Mofro at one point later on in the night. Both performances were incredible. The only thing that could had made it better was if PJ was playing too. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan said:
    Last Friday night I was lucky enough to see Ben solo. He opened for JJ Grey & Mofro in St Augustine, FL. He was a last minute addition after another band pulled out (win for me). Ben was incredible. I hadn’t seen him since 2016, and that was with the Innocent Criminals. He only played for about an hour but he got through a good amount of songs, told some stories, and even played a NEW song “off his upcoming album”! Yea that’s right…a new Ben Harper album! 

And then I spotted Ben side stage watching Mofro at one point later on in the night. Both performances were incredible. The only thing that could had made it better was if PJ was playing too. 
    Hell yes!!! Thank you so so much for the update! I’ve been trying to find the setlist or a video and haven’t been able find anything. Sounds like an awesome show! Thanks again, I’m pumped about this. 

• Options
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:

Hell yes!!! Thank you so so much for the update! I’ve been trying to find the setlist or a video and haven’t been able find anything. Sounds like an awesome show! Thanks again, I’m pumped about this. 
    Yea, I was hoping someone would had update the set list by now. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    edited March 2022
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:

Right, I’ve checked like 5 times a day since Saturday. They showed that he played two songs at a benefit the previous night in NY. Did, when the levee breaks with Danny Clinch for one of them, but still nothing from Friday. Did you get a feel for the new song? A title? 

• Options
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:

Right, I’ve checked like 5 times a day since Saturday. They showed that he played two songs at a benefit the previous night in NY. Did, when the levee breaks with Danny Clinch for one of them, but still nothing from Friday. Did you get a feel for the new song? A title? 
    No title, and he performed it on a piano. Lots of emotion. I thought it had an opera-like feel to it. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:

No title, and he performed it on a piano. Lots of emotion. I thought it had an opera-like feel to it. 
    Sweet, I’m looking forward to it. I really can’t think of one song of Harpers I don’t like. It’s all good! 

• Options
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:
    Hi! said:
    LukinFan said:

Sweet, I’m looking forward to it. I really can’t think of one song of Harpers I don’t like. It’s all good! 
    So true 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options

www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,138
    Finally, a new album! Now, if he’ll just bring the Innocent Criminals to the South again!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    West Coast getting the love this year. Might have to wait til next year for ( hopefully) some Midwest shows. 
    Shouldn’t Harry Styles be opening for Ben?🤷‍♂️🙂

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,138
    😂 
    Yes, in some other universe, Ben should definitely open for Harry! 
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,676
    Love Ben Harper! 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011