Options

would you spend 1400 to meet PJ? I

Comments

• Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    And, it is coming. I don't think $1,400. But, some sort of special deal for a few rows will happen. Maybe, not meet and greet. Maybe, litho, package, etc. And, there's really nothing wrong with it.
    Bet you $50 it's not :D

I'll take that bet since I will never owe you the money...... I put no horizon on when it will happen. :lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Suziemay wrote:
    And, it is coming. I don't think $1,400. But, some sort of special deal for a few rows will happen. Maybe, not meet and greet. Maybe, litho, package, etc. And, there's really nothing wrong with it.
    I'll take that bet since I will never owe you the money...... I put no horizon on when it will happen. :lol:
    I know, I just thought about it :evil:

But don't you worry, when the band is finally too old to go on and it's still a flat price, I'll be collecting :lol::lol:
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    no..that is a lot of money...besides i'm too shy.

i can understand others doing it, though~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    I know, I just thought about it :evil:

But don't you worry, when the band is finally too old to go on and it's still a flat price, I'll be collecting :lol::lol:

Ok. Fair enough. Look me up when that happens. I still like my odds...... :ugeek:
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,841
    I bumped into Mike in the Jewish memorial in Berlin. Cost me nothing. I wouldn't pay money to meet a band, it just sounds so corporate. You'll be with the band and a bunch of a'holes with cash to throw around who probably only listened to Ten a few times back in the '90's.
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    I bumped into Mike in the Jewish memorial in Berlin. Cost me nothing. I wouldn't pay money to meet a band, it just sounds so corporate. You'll be with the band and a bunch of a'holes with cash to throw around who probably only listened to Ten a few times back in the '90's.

Why is the assumption always that folks that can afford this stuff are a'holes and never listened to the band that they just spend an arm and a leg on? Does that make us feel better?

Really? Your assumption is someone paying this much are not "real" fans (whatever that means)? Wow! That's a weird way to use disposable income when you can spend it on anything.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,841
    eddiec wrote:

Why is the assumption always that folks that can afford this stuff are a'holes and never listened to the band that they just spend an arm and a leg on? Does that make us feel better?

Really? Your assumption is someone paying this much are not "real" fans (whatever that means)? Wow! That's a weird way to use disposable income when you can spend it on anything.

I can list the Superbowl as an example..and many more if you want. I have no problem spending lots of money on things I enjoy(just ask my wife).
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    down with the bankers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    I would never do it, but they would have no problem selling a large amount.

I feel confident that the band would never sell their autographs or a chance to meet them (outside of charity situations).
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Yes, I have the cash (rent lols) I'd do it tomorrow.
    Id expect a free meal and a ******* ****** **** with a ********* for the price too.
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:
    down with the bankers
    pitchforks.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Meg8686 wrote:
    Id expect a free meal and a ******* ****** **** with a ********* for the price too.

i've got an eddie mask...and will only charge 14. hope cold cuts are ok...see ya soon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    down with the bankers
    pitchforks.jpg

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    Only if I had enough money to think that $1400 is not a lot of money. Unfortunately, I do not have enough money to think that! Actually, I'd be so disgusted with the band for putting such a high premium on other human beings being given the priviledge of meeting them, that I'd probably decide that I never wanted to meet them at all, even if it was free. Talk about egotistical.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm against tiered pricing and VIP tickets. It implies that only people with money are allowed to meet the band/ sit up close. I'm glad PJ doesn't do it.

If PJ started doing that I think I would begin to lose interest in them. I can't see them doing that though.

Agreed!
    However, if the money was for charity and a lottery(you pay xxx for a chance at xxx # of seats), I'd be all over it. :)
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    81 wrote:
    Meg8686 wrote:

i've got an eddie mask...and will only charge 14. hope cold cuts are ok...see ya soon.

You sir, have a deal :wink:
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    No way i could do better things with the $$$$$$ .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    No frakking way. Then again, I probably wouldn't want to meet them at all. I love their music, why risk ruining that with a bad experience?

Unless of course it's just Jeff...and me...in a room...with a bed....and hubby would never find out

:lol::lol::lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,449
    I doubt PJ would ever this sort of deal. Unless it was for a charitable cause, it would seem freaky to pay money to meet the band. It would seem forced, and I'd know that they were simply doing it for the money.

Organized meet and greets (a/k/a shake & fakes) with bands are usually very contrived, and it ain't as if you'd sit and share a beer, etc. In general, these fancy VIP packages are sorta lame. It is nice to have great seats, but the vip lounges, souvenier laminates, private merch booths, etc are lame.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    I love these threads they can just evolve into so many different arguments , i'm sure the Seniority argument will surface soon and then the drummer aspect of it will come out :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    I've never met the band but a chance meeting (I know, probably never happen but a girl can dream) somewhere or outside after the show would be far more genuine than a contrived meeting. If they did something like this I would equate the band to corporate sell-outs just to make a buck off their fans and I have more respect for them than to think they would sell-out.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    ofcourse i will not pay even a 1$ for meet the band
    for sure i would pay 1400 or more money,to meet my favorite people of pearl jam fans..
    i did that,and ill do it again..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    ofcourse i will not pay even a 1$ for meet the band
    for sure i would pay 1400 or more money,to meet my favorite people of pearl jam fans..
    i did that,and ill do it again..

If I ever meet you, it might be my happiest Pearl Jam moment ever!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    LukinFan wrote:
    I did effectively pay more than 1400 to meet you guys...

I think you were worth it :think:
    even Dimi? :think: :lol:
    Can't buy what I want because it's free...... ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    even if i was loaded, i wouldn't on principle, it just crazy charging that sort of money. for that i'd want 1 on 1 time alone with each member to share a drink and chat. rather than just a rushed hello, and maybe something signed with no real passion.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    LukinFan wrote:
    I did effectively pay more than 1400 to meet you guys...

I think you were worth it :think:
    even Dimi? :think: :lol:
    Can't buy what I want because it's free...... ;)
    :lol::lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,221
    I think the only way I'd think about it would be if:
    A. It is for a charity...
    B. It is for something very special... like being able to sit in on a rehearsal... or a tour of their studio... or I got to string Mike's '59 Strat or something.
    If it were just for a, 'Hey... come meet us for 1400 bucks'... well:
    A. I can't see them ever doing that... and
    B. pass.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'd rather spend that money on getting Kim Kardashian a new hymen
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    81 wrote:
    down with the bankers
    pitchforks.jpg

lol
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    No, I would not.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City