Options

would you spend 1400 to meet PJ? I

JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
edited March 2012 in The Porch
saw Motley Crue is charging 1400 for VIP seats and a meet and greet with the whole band!! 1400?? I almost fell out of my chair, who the heck is going to spend 1400 to see a bunch of tools? heck, I dont think all the Crue fans in the world have 1400 if pooled together.....soooooo, would you spend 1400 for first ten rows of a PJ concert AND if you could meet the band.. ???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    If I had that kind of money I would do it, in fact, if I had that kind of money for that specific purpose, I would be the promoter of PJ tour...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    nope...no chance
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I'm against tiered pricing and VIP tickets. It implies that only people with money are allowed to meet the band/ sit up close. I'm glad PJ doesn't do it.

If PJ started doing that I think I would begin to lose interest in them. I can't see them doing that though.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    I would not.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm against tiered pricing and VIP tickets. It implies that only people with money are allowed to meet the band/ sit up close. I'm glad PJ doesn't do it.

If PJ started doing that I think I would begin to lose interest in them. I can't see them doing that though.
    Well said. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Suziemay wrote:

i've go no issue with tier pricing. paying the same to sit in the last row that somebody paid to sit in the lower bowl at an areana show sort of sucks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,020
    Suziemay wrote:

+1
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

Word.
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

I agree 100%..HOWEVER, what if they donated 1000 to charity? than I think that would be a cool idea..everybody wins and I would definitely do that
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

i've go no issue with tier pricing. paying the same to sit in the last row that somebody paid to sit in the lower bowl at an areana show sort of sucks.
    I've actually gone back and forth on that but I landed on not liking it. I agree, it would be nice to pay less for the sucky seats, but that means you have to pay more to sit up close and I don't like the message that sends. So if you're a huge fan but you don't have a lot of money, you could never sit up close unless you won the lotto or someone was generous enough to pay for your ticket.
  • Options
    JR86440 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

I agree 100%..HOWEVER, what if they donated 1000 to charity? than I think that would be a cool idea..everybody wins and I would definitely do that
    Nope, don't like it either. They should just donate the $1,000 to charity anyway. :D
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    nope.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I'd rather spend it on a family holiday and maybe some new boots.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

good point.. I just dont like it when it is that much difference.. I think madonna was 2k, or maybe 1500 but you didnt get to meet Madonna..maybe if you got to bang her... but she is old now, so maybe a couple hundred dollars..anyways, I digress.... I dont like it when they whore themselves out like that but I guess if you are that successful they have the right to be as big of whores as they want...especially if people are continuing to pay
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    no that's too much these days ... $2800 for the two of us is out of our reach
    I wouldn't go without JB

We might have once upon a time but this is the real world now :(

sucks to grow up :lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

I've actually gone back and forth on that but I landed on not liking it. I agree, it would be nice to pay less for the sucky seats, but that means you have to pay more to sit up close and I don't like the message that sends. So if you're a huge fan but you don't have a lot of money, you could never sit up close unless you won the lotto or someone was generous enough to pay for your ticket.

i'd rather have the option. increase the lower 10 bucks and decrease the upper 10 bucks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I did effectively pay more than 1400 to meet you guys...

:lol:

I think you were worth it :think:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    tater926tater926 Posts: 263
    $1400 to meet the people I most want to meet in the world? Sure, I'd do it. Take the concert tickets out of the equation and I'd still do it.

Ten years down the road and that money is long forgotten, but the memories are always there.
    United Center-Jun 29 1998 Alpine Valley-Oct 8 2000
    Assembly Hall-Apr 23 2003 Alpine Valley-Jun 21 2003
    Grant Park-Aug 5 2007 United Center-Aug 23 2009
    United Center-Aug 24 2009 Alpine Valley-Sep 3 2011
    Alpine Valley-Sep 4 2011 Wrigley Field-Jul 19 2013
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Nope.
    BTW, I'm glad PJ charges the same price for every seat in the house. I think the first 10 rows to see Paul McCartney was something like $1500 a seat. :? No thanks.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,020
    I did effectively pay more than 1400 to meet you guys...

:lol:

I think you were worth it :think:
    even Dimi? :think: :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

But I should sit further back b/c I didn't belong to some club for a longer period of time? It's already happening but by different means. And now, you're effectively having the folks sitting in the back subsidizing the folks sitting in the front (by your own description). How is that in the realm of fair? I say we do that with taxes, too. ;)

Whatever. It's coming. They will do it. Probably not this year. But it will happen. And, who really cares? It's their business.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    I'll say this...I agree that tiered pricing is not the greatest thing in the world and if PJ ever went down this road I too would be a bit disappointed, but..If I had $1400 in my pocket and someone offered me my choice of chillin with the band and say a benny box..Let's just say me and ed would be twisting a fattie real quick. See the thing is , I'm a very interesting person and all it would take is 5 minutes with me and some of my sticky icky and PJ would be Damn sure to not let there Timmy memberships lapse.. ;)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    iamica wrote:
    I think the first 10 rows to see Paul McCartney was something like $1500 a seat. :? No thanks.

first was NOT cheap at wrigley. :shock:

edit

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=160059&start=15#p3723527

2K per seat front row at wrigley.

and then were all sold, and you know damn well, they would all sell for pj as well
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    i'd spend the $1400 and then be tongue tied like a giggling teenager the whole time if my little meeting with Mike is any indication :oops:
    talk about a FOOL!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    But I should sit further back b/c I didn't belong to some club for a longer period of time? It's already happening but by different means. And now, you're effectively having the folks sitting in the back subsidizing the folks sitting in the front (by your own description). How is that in the realm of fair? I say we do that with taxes, too. ;)

Whatever. It's coming. They will do it. Probably not this year. But it will happen. And, who really cares? It's their business.
    Yeah, I don't like that either, but I like it a bit better than just flat out paying more for a seat. I think they should make first 10 or 20 rows a full lottery. Or better yet, just randomly assign seating. But, I don't have a good number so of course I'm biased.

I disagree with you that it's coming. I don't think it will ever happen.
  • Options
    I really think the charity thing would be the best idea.. 1000 per seat for a PJ concert..never mind the meet and greet..I would pay 1k to be in the front row....and I get to write it off at the end of the year..heck, I gave 2k to charity for me and my wife to meet Ed and Mike.. a meet and greet WITH concert tickets would be a no brainer!!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

Yeah, I don't like that either, but I like it a bit better than just flat out paying more for a seat. I think they should make first 10 or 20 rows a full lottery. Or better yet, just randomly assign seating. But, I don't have a good number so of course I'm biased.

I disagree with you that it's coming. I don't think it will ever happen.

Class warfare of a different kind. ;)

Only difference is many of those reaping the reward here would be the first ones complaining about the 1%. :lol:

And, it is coming. I don't think $1,400. But, some sort of special deal for a few rows will happen. Maybe, not meet and greet. Maybe, litho, package, etc. And, there's really nothing wrong with it.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    And, it is coming. I don't think $1,400. But, some sort of special deal for a few rows will happen. Maybe, not meet and greet. Maybe, litho, package, etc. And, there's really nothing wrong with it.
    Bet you $50 it's not :D
  • Options
    I would pay that much to meet Dr. Feelgood.

He's the one that makes me feel all right.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Nah, it would be cool to meet the guys but I can do a lot for $1,400. If I was rich I would buy them and give 'em away.