Drawsomething - I'm hooked!

12346»

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    So what's the verdict on the stylus??
    Drawing with my finger is so damn hard.

I'm using an iPhone... any recommendations?
    LouLou are you using a stylus? Yours are so small and detailed! (And great!!) :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    Wow...you guys are making me interesting in this game.

Like I need another game in my life (damned CityVille on Facebook! GAH! :lol: )

However, I'm not a very competitive person, so this 'no clear winner' kind of game that you just do for yucks appeals to me. I just like screwing around I guess. :lol:

Is this like that?

The android app only gets 3.5 stars in the Android Market....do any of you guys play on a Droid? And are you able to play okay?
  • PKTrekGirl wrote:

However, I'm not a very competitive person, so this 'no clear winner' kind of game that you just do for yucks appeals to me. I just like screwing around I guess. :lol:

Is this like that?

The android app only gets 3.5 stars in the Android Market....do any of you guys play on a Droid? And are you able to play okay?

I play with an Android app using a Samsung Galaxy 2 and it works fine
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

Is this like that?

I play with an Android app using a Samsung Galaxy 2 and it works fine

That is exactly the phone I have. So that is a good recommendation.

Hummm....If you guys are still taking new players, I might play a bit with you and see if I like it. I suck at drawing by hand though... I'm good in Photoshop...but drawing by hand? Well....I'm sure I'd be 'entertaining' anyway. :lol:
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I had to delete this app. The day after I installed it my iPhone 4S died suddenly mid-text, wouldn't restart for an hour. I only bought it in November. Thought it was my battery but it was 3/4 full.

Then when I was playing the game, it froze. Hard restart. And then my finger couldn't draw lines no matter how much I moved it across the screen....only dots. And other little glitches have been happening too.

I don't know if it's the app....it may be a big coincidence....but I've deleted it.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ^ list your name or look a few from previous pages. I'm leiaorgana - feel free to start a game :D

I play in the evenings - fyi so it takes a while me to draw back.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    I had to delete this app. The day after I installed it my iPhone 4S died suddenly mid-text, wouldn't restart for an hour. I only bought it in November. Thought it was my battery but it was 3/4 full.

Then when I was playing the game, it froze. Hard restart. And then my finger couldn't draw lines no matter how much I moved it across the screen....only dots. And other little glitches have been happening too.

I don't know if it's the app....it may be a big coincidence....but I've deleted it.

That's too bad, I hope not too many others have this problem its been fun playing with you all.. It's interesting to see how people think and see things.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    haffajappa wrote:

LouLou are you using a stylus? Yours are so small and detailed! (And great!!) :)
    Thanks, yeah most the time I use one, does really help! ;) mind you I just drew something really stupid to Matt! :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,801
    haffajappa wrote:

i don't think sytlus' work on iphones. i tried using my old sytules from my previous phone on it and it didn't do anything.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • That was a great lady gaga! Even with a stylus I couldn't draw that well!!
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    ooohhh i love this game on the ipad
    and i just got an adroid and man is this hard on this tiny screen

who has the word on the stylus? can i even use one on an android? i sure need one badly and haven't a clue

feel free to play a game with me

user name is joheckster

not that i can draw anything correctly with my finger on this tiny screen
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    ^ list your name or look a few from previous pages. I'm leiaorgana - feel free to start a game :D

I play in the evenings - fyi so it takes a while me to draw back.

Okay. I sent you something.

I logged in through Facebook, so it might be under my real name (Beda Warrick).

As expected, I suck at drawing...and with my finger it is even worse. But anyway, I sent one.

I guess now I should go read the actual, you know....rules so that I understand the game. :lol:

I guess I should also try to figure out how to set up a username, even though I logged on through FB......In the meantime, anyone who wants to play can probably find me through Facebook.

I might send some others to people around here later today. I'm at work so I can't spend too much time on this right now. :lol:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    we should compile all the user names on the OP....
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    asking again in case no one noticed

can i use a stylus on my samsung android>
    i know nothing when it comes to this
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • StillHere wrote:

Didn't work on mine. I have the samsung 2 with tmobile.
    StillHere wrote:

Didn't work on mine. I have the samsung 2 with tmobile.

thanks....i guess i am gonna try.i have the samsung transform ultra w boost
    amazon seller sells a cover w a free stylus..need the cover so might as well go for the free stylus as well
    prob wont work..or not well, but this drawing with your finger is for the birds ;)
    peace,
    jo

• Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 691
    So...I just got hooked on this last night..please add me! It's super fun. I already did a PJ related drawing HAHA!
    And just to warn, my drawings are quite horrible.

Username: tremorfrank
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Kinda forgot about this game, I was into it for a few weeks :D
    I LOVE it...something to do right before bed to make me sleepy :)
    I need to add some of you guys to my list.
    My user name is joheckster if anyone wants to play
    peace,
    jo

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Idris wrote:

Yeah it was fun for about 2-3 weeks. Haven't played it all in the past month or two.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Idris wrote:

Yeah it was fun for about 2-3 weeks. Haven't played it all in the past month or two.

Ditto. All my friends keep asking why I'm ignoring them and I told them I got bored.
  • GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Posts: 3,076
    Im still playing almost daily...ha ha~

theyve had an update not too long ago and added a lot of new words--plus the ability to type messages to the other person without having to handwrite them on the screen.

I have collected all the colors and still have a coin balance-- i wish they would add more stuff to "buy" with the coins you win besides bombs.would be fun to get to put in your own word to draw.
    also would like some more pen sizes (and maybe some square tips in addition to the round ones?)

The person who asked about iphones and styluses- you can use a stylus but you cant use an old palm one or anything like that. you have to buy one that works on iphone/ipad. They sell 3 packs on Amazon for like $3-4.

I am having surgery tomorrow morning for carpal tunnel, so probably wont be able to play for a bit. I am off a computer and texting for 2 weeks minimum but i might be able to manuver a stylus after a week or so :D

anyone who wants to play-- bring it!!! my user name is Kelly081480
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Ooh, I'm curlygirly9 :? I swear my drawings are more creative! :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I'm new to this, and it consumed a lot of my work day today :oops: Sometimes I had to look up words, and they weren't even listed in the regular dictionary websites, so it is good to learn new vocabulary. On the other hand, I used all my bombs lightheartedly in the beginning, cause I didn't know the words and that you would have to earn them afterwards... Still, a fun game! But I don't know if I am really prepared to play against native speakers yet :?
  • -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    So...I just got hooked on this last night..please add me! It's super fun. I already did a PJ related drawing HAHA!
    And just to warn, my drawings are quite horrible.

Username: tremorfrank
    StillHere wrote:
    I LOVE it...something to do right before bed to make me sleepy :)
    I need to add some of you guys to my list.
    My user name is joheckster if anyone wants to play

Just added a game with you both :-)

If anybody would like a game my username is E.m.m.a.2012 :)
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com