gas prices

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    $2.03 Here in Palm Beach FL. A full tank will last well over a week for me.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    $1.99 yesterday. thanks Obama :smiley:

• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    g under p said:

$2.03 Here in Palm Beach FL. A full tank will last well over a week for me.

Peace

Where at in PBC? I'm in South PBC, I've seen $2.01 at Costco, but don't have a membership there. If I go into Deerfield Beach (Broward County), it's in the $2.09-$2.19.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    $2.08 for 87 grade

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Couple of weeks ago I paid $1.87 for 85 in Ogallala, NE back up to 1.97 this week
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    $2.35 here on Long Island
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    When gas is cheap, people drive more.  Yes, it's great to be saving money at the pump, but using that as an excuse to drive more and impact the environment more?  How wise is that in the long run?  What if gas prices reflect our individual consumption, i.e. how many miles a vehicle is driven each month and how many miles per gallon?  Totally hypothetical of course, but will people, on their own, drive with environmental impact in mind or just foolishly use petroleum at will?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    brianlux said:
    When gas is cheap, people drive more.  Yes, it's great to be saving money at the pump, but using that as an excuse to drive more and impact the environment more?  How wise is that in the long run?  What if gas prices reflect our individual consumption, i.e. how many miles a vehicle is driven each month and how many miles per gallon?  Totally hypothetical of course, but will people, on their own, drive with environmental impact in mind or just foolishly use petroleum at will?
    Whenever I can I try to avoid having to drive. Flying back and forth from DC to Fort Lauderdale I'll take the train instead of having someone drive 80 miles round trip to come pick me upin FL. As for work I plan on once again riding my bicycle to work as a way to cut down on driving while getting back in shape. Visiting here in MD my former home I see now in DC they have these rentable bike stations ALL over the city as a way to see the city without having to drive everyway. It cuts down on the vehicles in the city and congestion the riding is a beautiful thing to see.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Unfortunately, not driving isn't really an option where I live.
    Gas is also 2.29 for regular right now. Whatever this "lowest in 10 years" I keep hearing is, it isn't here.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    $2.11 in Wilmington, NC

I walk a lot once I driveee to work.  It's about a 15 minute drive downtown. Once there, I walk to everything I need...or don't really need. I just explore.

Then I drive back home.
    g under p said:
    brianlux said:
    Whenever I can I try to avoid having to drive. Flying back and forth from DC to Fort Lauderdale I'll take the train instead of having someone drive 80 miles round trip to come pick me upin FL. As for work I plan on once again riding my bicycle to work as a way to cut down on driving while getting back in shape. Visiting here in MD my former home I see now in DC they have these rentable bike stations ALL over the city as a way to see the city without having to drive everyway. It cuts down on the vehicles in the city and congestion the riding is a beautiful thing to see.
    Good show, g!

I've read a number of times the statics that show that trains provide the greatest economy in terms of pound per mile per energy unit.  In other words, trains are our most energy efficient form of travel. 

And kudos on riding you bicycle!

Oh, yoo hoo, Mr. Trump.  Want to make America strong again?  Revitalize our train systems.  Doing so would make perfectly good sense!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    gas has been going up since the orange oompa loompa took office.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    gas has been going up since the orange oompa loompa took office.
    And yet he does produce a good deal of the stuff, wouldn't you say? :wink:

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    brianlux said:
    g under p said:
    brianlux said:
    Good show, g!

I've read a number of times the statics that show that trains provide the greatest economy in terms of pound per mile per energy unit.  In other words, trains are our most energy efficient form of travel. 

Oh, yoo hoo, Mr. Trump.  Want to make America strong again?  Revitalize our train systems.  Doing so would make perfectly good sense!
    Are train system here in NY is a damn travesty...  It only gets worse.  Look up "summer of hell".
    brianlux said:
    g under p said:
    brianlux said:
    Good show, g!

Are train system here in NY is a damn travesty...  It only gets worse.  Look up "summer of hell".
    I believe it!  I get update from both NARP (National Association of Rail Passengers) and RailPAC (Railroad Passenger Association of California and Nevada), both of which I support, and train deterioration is a major concern for them.  They are both strong advocates for railroad service and infrastructure improvement. 

• $2.93 is Los Angeles County. Ugh!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    gone up about 40 cents in a week around the philly area :angry:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • $2.89 in NY...

It's all bullshit...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    gone up about 40 cents in a week around the philly area :angry:
    Was driving home from work Thursday, and they had a news report on radio about gas prices rising 10 cents a gallon due to Harvey, then I passed several gas stations that had all gone up between 40 and 50 cents since Monday.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • $2.60 in Colorado
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Any day of the week my wife can tell you  what the price of gas is here.  I never know.  I hand the man a Jackson, fell 'er up, and hope for change.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    $2.49 in Omaha
    up 25 cents 
    Yeah I was surprised when I filled up yesterday that it took $32.  I haven't had a $30 fill up in the entire time I've owned this car (2 years). It's been at most $27-28, recently in the $25-26 range.

Same as when Bush was president. Every natural disaster was a 30-50 cent rise in gas prices.
  • Yeah I was surprised when I filled up yesterday that it took $32.  I haven't had a $30 fill up in the entire time I've owned this car (2 years). It's been at most $27-28, recently in the $25-26 range.

Same as when Bush was president. Every natural disaster was a 30-50 cent rise in gas prices.
    Oh no, it was way worse during Katrina-Rita in Louisiana.  I was paying close to $5 a gallon for gas.  I actually thought it'd never go down...
    Yeah I was surprised when I filled up yesterday that it took $32.  I haven't had a $30 fill up in the entire time I've owned this car (2 years). It's been at most $27-28, recently in the $25-26 range.

Oh no, it was way worse during Katrina-Rita in Louisiana.  I was paying close to $5 a gallon for gas.  I actually thought it'd never go down...
    Oh I know. I had $50 fill-ups back then in my old car. That was after we invaded Iraq and it went up to the baseline $3.85-4.15, then every hurricane or oil spill after that it'd jump up to $4.50-4.85
  • Yeah I was surprised when I filled up yesterday that it took $32.  I haven't had a $30 fill up in the entire time I've owned this car (2 years). It's been at most $27-28, recently in the $25-26 range.

Oh I know. I had $50 fill-ups back then in my old car. That was after we invaded Iraq and it went up to the baseline $3.85-4.15, then every hurricane or oil spill after that it'd jump up to $4.50-4.85
    Yep,  you remember.

They interviewed a guy in Louisiana and he pulled out a $100 bill and yelled "everyday I fill up and it costs me this!"  Diesel was even worse!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    almost at $3 near me :angry:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    $2.75 for cheap stuff

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited June 2018
    We've been paying in between 1.30-1.40/litre ... in Canada 45-50% of that is tax.
    Give Peas A Chance…