Blind Dates

2»

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Carey wrote:
    I'm going to say that that blind date was a bust. Too forced. Oh well...I gave it a shot. Next. :lol:

Oh so it already happened! Good for you for going! Sorry it was a bust, but now the next one will be easier ;)
    Yeah...we met for a drink last night. It was the longest hour of my life. :o never again.
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Oh shoot, one hour went that badly?? Dang. I still say great that you went. And fyi, if I ever set you up on a blind date, you can trust me it will go at least a little better than that ;)
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Had a blind date....things went well, got married
    Wish I'd taken that damned blindfold off a lot sooner
    wrong move
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    Carey wrote:
    Oh shoot, one hour went that badly?? Dang. I still say great that you went. And fyi, if I ever set you up on a blind date, you can trust me it will go at least a little better than that ;)

Oh my gosh Carey...It was horrible!

I'd look forward to that setup then :D
    StillHere wrote:
    wrong move

It's a learning experience. Look at how much of a better person you are from it now. :)
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Carey wrote:

She'll pick one randomly

chippendales300.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Carey wrote:

She'll pick one randomly

chippendales300.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol: Oh good gosh.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I don't mind them, been on a lot of them. Met some really great people on them... an well, some crazies too!

Still, worst date to date was someone I knew and previously dated (dated in High school.. and them tried again after my divorce).

How the heck are you???
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    StillHere wrote:
    wrong move

It's a learning experience. Look at how much of a better person you are from it now. :)

very true!
    learned a lot :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Carey wrote:
    I'm going to say that that blind date was a bust. Too forced. Oh well...I gave it a shot. Next. :lol:

Oh so it already happened! Good for you for going! Sorry it was a bust, but now the next one will be easier ;)
    Yeah...we met for a drink last night. It was the longest hour of my life. :o never again.

I can't believe you stayed for an hour! Last bad blind date I had, I had just ordered a beer, and he came in. I tried talking to him and realized it wasn't going anywhere after 10 minutes (ok more like 5). So I pounded my beer, the entire pint in one gulp and said "well nice meeting you, I'm gonna get going" got up and left.

I have no shame.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Shorty wrote:
    Wife and I met on a blind date - so - they're not a great idea.

Kidding - love you honey
    Same here. Went with 2 other couples who were mutual friends so it was less awkward. I guess it worked out okay since we've been together 8 years.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Carey wrote:

She'll pick one randomly

chippendales300.jpg
    :lol::lol: oh my, even one in there for the ladies who like long hair :D
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."