been on a bunch

a few I had an awesome time

some I didn't have such an awesome time

anything else you want to know?

oh, thoughts:
    *don't put a whole lot of 'expectation' on the date
    *admit you're nervous-helps break the ice
    *if you're not having a good time, then don't be afraid to end it early
    *I usually met for drinks, if I liked them, I'd suggest 'grabbing a bite to eat'. If the guy turned out to be a loser I had an easy out..."I don't want to drink too much, I have to drive"

I'll think of more...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i usally tie their eyes after the third date... 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    i usally tie their eyes after the third date... 8-)

:lol:
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    The Mrs was a blind date... :mrgreen:

I really enjoyed doing them... I put a lot of effort to make my date feel at ease and never did just "meet me for a drink" thing...

I am a huge foodie, so usually use the date as an excuse to try out a new restaurant...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026

I really enjoyed doing them... I put a lot of effort to make my date feel at ease and never did just "meet me for a drink" thing...

I am a huge foodie, so usually use the date as an excuse to try out a new restaurant...

I'm still waiting for the damn clone of you :twisted:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

never did just "meet me for a drink" thing...

:| :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

Backorder... Freaking Euro meltdown :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif

Backorder... Freaking Euro meltdown :lol:

:lol::lol: I don't like that issue. Get it fixed. :lol::lol:
    last time I tried it, didn't work out too well, she caught me peeking
  • ShortyShorty Posts: 1,160
    Wife and I met on a blind date - so - they're not a great idea.

Kidding - love you honey
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    had a couple of good blind dates...and some really bad ones. make sure you have an exit strategy. :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i once went on a blind date with this chick....

i was never more happy to see the cops looking for me at the end of the night. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:

i was never more happy to see the cops looking for me at the end of the night. :lol:
    we're gonna need details
    conman wrote:
    81 wrote:

we're gonna need details

way way way back in college. we went bowling..and i was totally not into her physically or mentally.

somebody knocked my motorcycle over in teh parking lot, not sure why...and somebody called the cops...a page came over the speaker system asking for the owner of the motorcycle to go to the front desk. i went, they told me...what was going on and that i needed to go look at my bike to see if there was any damage. so i said a quick goodbye to the chick and hightailed it out of there.

i know..not that exciting.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I was hoping it would involve an elevator
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:
    conman wrote:
    81 wrote:

we're gonna need details

way way way back in college. we went bowling..and i was totally not into her physically or mentally.

somebody knocked my motorcycle over in teh parking lot, not sure why...and somebody called the cops...a page came over the speaker system asking for the owner of the motorcycle to go to the front desk. i went, they told me...what was going on and that i needed to go look at my bike to see if there was any damage. so i said a quick goodbye to the chick and hightailed it out of there.

at least he didn't piss on the bike after he knocked it over :P
    i warned ya.

this other chick...she was cute...we went out to dinner at tgif's...crap food i know...but when you are poor, it's not so bad. anyways, we had dinner, then got a movie and went back to my place....never did see the end of that movie. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    conman wrote:
    at least he didn't piss on the bike after he knocked it over :P

i'm from ohio...not arkansas :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i warned ya.

this other chick...she was cute...we went out to dinner at tgif's...crap food i know...but when you are poor, it's not so bad. anyways, we had dinner, then got a movie and went back to my place....never did see the end of that movie. :lol:

:lol:
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I don't mind them, been on a lot of them. Met some really great people on them... an well, some crazies too!

Still, worst date to date was someone I knew and previously dated (dated in High school.. and them tried again after my divorce).
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361

True story. I had a blind date with BD and he was a perfect gentleman. Even more, it was a double date -- as in one dude (BD) two chicks. We were both at ease and had a fantastic time. Play on, playa :D
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    been on many. had a blast on each and every one of them, even the horrorific ones were good as it fills one with knowledge of how some folks are totally out of their damn minds.

this one gal i had met at her home was clearly out of control. beyond foul to be honest with you. i ran and i ran fast. i am a caring sensitive dude, i did not want to hurt her feelings at all. so i told her i had a change of heart and that i was feeling guilty as i was married and that i had to scoot and now.

i was not married and never have been.
    she called me every single name in the book.
    but it got me out and away from that maniac of a woman.

i have had very successful blind dates. they were very nice women.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Carey wrote:

True story. I had a blind date with BD and he was a perfect gentleman. Even more, it was a double date -- as in one dude (BD) two chicks. We were both at ease and had a fantastic time. Play on, playa :D
    :o Damn BD. Two chicks at once. True playa
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Never been on one. But it could be good ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkRNz0tR7tc :D

Make the best of it and good luck, dear!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Never been on a blind date either.

I did date a chick with glasses though so I guess it was a vision impaired date. ;)
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    youngster wrote:
    I did date a chick with glasses though so I guess it was a vision impaired date. ;)

booooo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm going to say that that blind date was a bust. Too forced. Oh well...I gave it a shot. Next. :lol:
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I'm going to say that that blind date was a bust. Too forced. Oh well...I gave it a shot. Next. :lol:

Oh so it already happened! Good for you for going! Sorry it was a bust, but now the next one will be easier ;)
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I have been on a few,none of them were great :?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Haven't read everyone's stories but I maybe have a blind date, or blind meet up so to speak happening next week!! A friend said to me last week "how do you feel about blind dates?" I'm like yeah whatever, I've done internet dating, done speed dating so why not. Turns out a work colleague of hers' brother's single & a total music lover he lives down the line a bit(about 6 hours drive away) but he comes up here all the time to go to bands including one later this week. I don't want to go to the gig this week but my friend said she'll see if she can invite me to the drinks beforehand & then I have to make sure I talk to the brother. I've checked him out as much as poss on fb etc, he doesn't have much in his profile but I think I've seen some pics of him through the sister's page & he looks nice s we'll see. X fingers! :)

Other than that, never been on a blind date before but yeah done plenty of Internet dating + speed dating which is so much fun! No lasting luck from either thing, obviously!! 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011