Options

The best part of Backspacer is?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I have to say that I also love the entire album, even though Force of Nature is my favorite song. I actually just bought a second copy of the album the other day, so now I have one for the house and one for the car! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    dan46erdan46er Posts: 157
    Amongst The Waves

BTW, No Code is quickly becoming my over all favorite...
    Buffalo 05/10/10, Buffalo 10/12/13, Brooklyn 10/19/13

"I seem to recognize your face, haunting, familiar yet, I can't seem to place it..."
  • Options
    Just like a baseball lineup speed at the top power in the middle good contact at the bottom

5,6,7= power
    mwadeddie
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    my favorite song off that record is probably unthought known
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Whole thing.. Probably my personal favorite album and I've been a die hard since '93.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    october22 wrote:
    that it's only 37 minutes long

I second that.

Or how about: "the feeling you get taking it out and putting on any other PJ record?"

Sorry, I just don't think there's a single song on it worth giving a damn about now or 20 years from now the way there are on every one of their other albums.

All that being said, Amongst the Waves is the best track. Unthought Known is too formulaic and obvious in my opinion.

And please god let us not waste a track on the next record with Ole (which might be the worst song they've ever written).
    I fucking LOVE the indie/punk/pop vibe of Ole.. I hope the whole fucking album sounds like that and makes me wake up in the morning and not want to give a shit, but kick ass. :D
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    october22 wrote:
    that it's only 37 minutes long

I second that.

Or how about: "the feeling you get taking it out and putting on any other PJ record?"

Sorry, I just don't think there's a single song on it worth giving a damn about now or 20 years from now the way there are on every one of their other albums.

All that being said, Amongst the Waves is the best track. Unthought Known is too formulaic and obvious in my opinion.

And please god let us not waste a track on the next record with Ole (which might be the worst song they've ever written).
    I fucking LOVE the indie/punk/pop vibe of Ole.. I hope the whole fucking album sounds like that and makes me wake up in the morning and not want to give a shit, but kick ass. :D

Haha, that's the beauty of the difference of opinion! :)
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    the final push of "force of nature" makes the whole record worthwhile to me. Kind of like the push at the end of "marker in the sand" on self-titled
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I can't decide which album of the 00's I like best. They all have their strengths. In the case of Backspacer, Eddie's voice is the main strength. He's really developed as a singer. No longer warbled, he's really confident, and also very warm and heartfelt... he couldn't have pulled off a song like The End in his younger days... not that I would have wanted him to then... I barely want him to now... that song is too sad to bear most times. I almost never play it.

Backspacer is a great SONG album. I'm hoping the next one is more of a JAM album... and will have the next Porch or Corduroy... something the band can just go off on.
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,011
    the final push of "force of nature" makes the whole record worthwhile to me. Kind of like the push at the end of "marker in the sand" on self-titled
    Spot on :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,011
    Whole thing.. Probably my personal favorite album and I've been a die hard since '93.
    I have been a diehard since '94 and I feel the same! :)
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    HailHailOZHailHailOZ Posts: 350
    ???? um.... :?
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    The best part of any album is that it makes the band get out on the road.

Other than that, unthought. Then the artwork... Then I'm struggling to find many other positives.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    pearlispearlis Posts: 3
    kenny olav wrote:
    Amongst the Waves!

Speed of sound
    ledezmapresetense
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I love Just Breathe, Amongst The Waves, Unthought Known and Speed of Sound. I go back and forth on which one I like the most.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    got some and unthought known are tied
    then gonna see my friend
    then the end
    doubly so as it is the end of my least favorite PJ album
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    when it's finished:P :P
  • Options
    stickman81stickman81 Posts: 437
    songs 1-11 :D
  • Options
    Speed of Sound (DEMO)

which is not included in the album...
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Speed of Sound (DEMO)

which is not included in the album...

I agree that the demo is better than the album version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eEILQb36jo

Just beautiful.