Options

So my ISO list USED TO contain Give Way....

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited March 2012 in Lost Dogs
....not no more it doesn't. There was a sealed one on ebay last week that ended up at $382. Are you kidding me???? :shock:
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DamiensDamiens Posts: 766
    Congrats that is a fantastic grab! I had a buddy in college that worked at Best Buy that was "going to grab me one" and then lost it. Well done.
  • Options
    Damiens wrote:
    Congrats that is a fantastic grab! I had a buddy in college that worked at Best Buy that was "going to grab me one" and then lost it. Well done.

you misunderstand. I didn't get it. I'm taking it off my ISO list because that's WAY out of my range for a cd.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Damiens wrote:

you misunderstand. I didn't get it. I'm taking it off my ISO list because that's WAY out of my range for a cd.
    Don't give up hope... I've seen them below $300 before and a few years ago I saw some get under $250 too. Just need to keep it on the list but just kind of bide your time I guess. :)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Damiens wrote:

Excellent decision. That CD should get $50 tops.
  • Options
    I'm confused. What is the point of this post? :?
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364

i think he's trying to say that he didnt realise the market cash value of the give way promo is high.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options

just that I'm utterly shocked how much this cd goes for, that's all. I mean, to be worth more (it was sealed, mind you) than Soldier Field on cd?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Oops. My bad. I thought this thread was for some sort of "Give AWAY" :)
  • Options
    Oops. My bad. I thought this thread was for some sort of "Give AWAY" :)

If that was the case, I'd say my ISO list USED TO contain Benaroya Hall on vinyl. That ship has pretty much sailed! :cry:
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I forget...what is Give Way?
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

I don't even know, and I'm over it.. Haha
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    thefixer9 wrote:

I don't even know, and I'm over it.. Haha

:lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    thefixer9 wrote:
    The "almost" promotional giveaway by Best Buy in 1998, of one of the Melbourne Australia shows of that same year. Customers who bought Single Video Theory were to be given the cd, but Sony scrapped the idea at the last minute.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    DamiensDamiens Posts: 766
    Damiens wrote:

D'oh! I'm dumb. Yeah...prices are out of control right now. The benny breaking 2K on ebay last week confirmed that I shall never own one...oh well. I've got my $30 PJ beer to drink to drown my sorrows as long as I don't slop it on my $80 PJ hightops. #ThingsIn1992INeverThoughtIWouldSay
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    still an awesome CD....

dont forget that a siginificant uplift would have been added because it had that little bit of cling film around it
  • Options
    and it's not even one of the most expensive. Not by a mile.

A good handful that will cost more. Alot more

besides the obvious reenk roink, what else costs more than that on cd?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    still an awesome CD....

dont forget that a siginificant uplift would have been added because it had that little bit of cling film around it

I know. I'll never buy anything sealed! too pricey for me to just rip it off anyway!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    Damiens wrote:

i worked at best buy at the time. if his store was anything like mine, they made sure every copy was accounted for. we'd had them in the store for a couple weeks before the sale, and i'd taken one and put it in the back room cd player to listen to when i was sorting. i got questioned three different times to make sure the cd made it back in to stock so they could send it back. there was no way i could have taken one out of that store. though some have made it out, obviously, i'm doubtful your friend could do it.
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    and it's not even one of the most expensive. Not by a mile.

A good handful that will cost more. Alot more

besides the obvious reenk roink, what else costs more than that on cd?

monkeywrench box, freak and singles are the first 3 that come to mind.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,236
    AndySlash wrote:
    Damiens wrote:

i worked at best buy at the time. if his store was anything like mine, they made sure every copy was accounted for. we'd had them in the store for a couple weeks before the sale, and i'd taken one and put it in the back room cd player to listen to when i was sorting. i got questioned three different times to make sure the cd made it back in to stock so they could send it back. there was no way i could have taken one out of that store. though some have made it out, obviously, i'm doubtful your friend could do it.

Hence why the CD is so valuable. It seems only a handful exist. Generally the show its from and the materials of a cd aren't worth that much (and the show is commonly available). It's value is definitely in the "collector's item" category.

I'd still like one though.... At least someone was nice enough to rip it to FLAC.. so its not hard to find. I find the audio on it is better then the audio from the bootleg sources of the same show. It's too bad Give Way wasn't a complete double cd.