Lionel messi...

2»

Comments

• titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    frazba wrote:
    when as a leader win alone,with not such great players on his team 1-2 world cups, will compare him with the others..

Fair enough, but I'd also rank George Best amongst the best players the world has ever seen and he never even played in a World Cup.
    thats im saying....the leader is different than a scorrer,a good plyer ,etc....
    is the one carries the whole team...
    messi is amazing,plays in Barca with one of the best players in the team of all times..
    in last world cup,he did nothing....Maradona won the cup wit some guy name batista at his team....
    and after 4 year again,he went the team at the final,at world cup....same Zizou at 2006..
    a lame team, like France that year,went to the final.....we need to wait for messi...
    all players went to the elit with the national teams....there is the really shit...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    watching bayern munich, and so far mario gomez has scored 4 goals, which makes it i think 72 goals in his last 70 games... how come nobody is raving about him???
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    watching bayern munich, and so far mario gomez has scored 4 goals, which makes it i think 72 goals in his last 70 games... how come nobody is raving about him???
    great player....now how to score...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17442840
    Lionel Messi breaks Barcelona goal-scoring record

Lionel Messi has broken Barcelona's 60-year-old goal-scoring record with a hat-trick in a 5-3 win over Granada at the Nou Camp in La Liga on Tuesday.
    Byrnzie wrote:

Lionel Messi has broken Barcelona's 60-year-old goal-scoring record with a hat-trick in a 5-3 win over Granada at the Nou Camp in La Liga on Tuesday.

his goal scoring power is just out of this world, i wonder if he was up for sale, how much he would be worth.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,478
    Byrnzie wrote:

his goal scoring power is just out of this world, i wonder if he was up for sale, how much he would be worth.
    Considering he's still only 24, if he did ever leave Barca he'd have to be the first £100m player. There's no way he'd go for less than that.

I just read through some frightening stats: He's played 314 games in all competitions for Barca, with 234 goals and 94 assists - that's insane!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17647737

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has become the first European top-flight player in almost 40 years to score 60 goals in a season.

The Argentine scored two goals in the 4-1 La Liga win over Real Zaragoza on Saturday, as they cut the gap on table topping Real Madrid to three points.

The 24-year-old is now seven goals behind Gerd Muller's all-time record for goals in a season.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17647737

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has become the first European top-flight player in almost 40 years to score 60 goals in a season.

The Argentine scored two goals in the 4-1 La Liga win over Real Zaragoza on Saturday, as they cut the gap on table topping Real Madrid to three points.

The 24-year-old is now seven goals behind Gerd Muller's all-time record for goals in a season.

so they have 7 games left in the leaque, plus at least 2 more champions league games, i'm sure they still have a final to play, so thats at least 10 games, can he do it????
    just put on the game tonignt vs espaniol. so far is 4-0 to barca and messi has scored all 4 goals, taking his total for the season so far to 72. WTF 72 freaking goals, thats probably more than say 70-80% of all other teams score altogether. amazing.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,478
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    frazba wrote:
    when as a leader win alone,with not such great players on his team 1-2 world cups, will compare him with the others..

Fair enough, but I'd also rank George Best amongst the best players the world has ever seen and he never even played in a World Cup.
    thats im saying....the leader is different than a scorrer,a good plyer ,etc....
    is the one carries the whole team...
    messi is amazing,plays in Barca with one of the best players in the team of all times..
    in last world cup,he did nothing....Maradona won the cup wit some guy name batista at his team....
    and after 4 year again,he went the team at the final,at world cup....same Zizou at 2006..
    a lame team, like France that year,went to the final.....we need to wait for messi...
    all players went to the elit with the national teams....there is the really shit...

Messi is the BEST hands down!!! I would take him over ANYBODY that EVER played. I've played football (soccer) since I was 5 and I'm now 37. Seen every WC since 82 (Paulo Rossi) was the shit! But hands down greatest player is messi. Anyone can say maradona pele Zman blah blah blah. Messi is KING. DIMI, Z had a breakdown and cost France the WC vs Italy. Great players don't have meltdowns like that in the big stage. Players weren't as good back then as they are now. There's a bunch of super athletes these days.

And I'm sorry but that he didn't win the WC yet statement is bullshit to me. I take more weight in champions league then WC. Champions league is the BEST teams in all of Europe. Basically Allstar teams vs each other. Whereas the WC is your country vs mine. If you have shitty players that 4 years leading up to the WC then you're fucked. But in champions league, you take a day off and your teams going home.

I've been following this little alien from some fucken planet since he came to La Masia. The dudes not from earth PERIOD! I even got his original 30 jersey. Guy has it all and watch out brazil cuz he will have his team ready and if not, oh well, he'll still be the best! Guys got a $250 million buyout clause in his contract. Not bad since his first contract was signed on a piece of napkin....... :corn:
  • badbrains wrote:

Messi is the BEST hands down!!! I would take him over ANYBODY that EVER played. I've played football (soccer) since I was 5 and I'm now 37. Seen every WC since 82 (Paulo Rossi) was the shit! But hands down greatest player is messi. Anyone can say maradona pele Zman blah blah blah. Messi is KING. DIMI, Z had a breakdown and cost France the WC vs Italy. Great players don't have meltdowns like that in the big stage. Players weren't as good back then as they are now. There's a bunch of super athletes these days.

And I'm sorry but that he didn't win the WC yet statement is bullshit to me. I take more weight in champions league then WC. Champions league is the BEST teams in all of Europe. Basically Allstar teams vs each other. Whereas the WC is your country vs mine. If you have shitty players that 4 years leading up to the WC then you're fucked. But in champions league, you take a day off and your teams going home.

I've been following this little alien from some fucken planet since he came to La Masia. The dudes not from earth PERIOD! I even got his original 30 jersey. Guy has it all and watch out brazil cuz he will have his team ready and if not, oh well, he'll still be the best! Guys got a $250 million buyout clause in his contract. Not bad since his first contract was signed on a piece of napkin....... :corn:
    told u...
    when he lead argentina to world cup alone,wins it twice,we talk again...
    he is young...great player...but he plays in a team that is a machine of scoring goals..
    with National team he did nothing..
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    badbrains wrote:

told u...
    when he lead argentina to world cup alone,wins it twice,we talk again...
    he is young...great player...but he plays in a team that is a machine of scoring goals..
    with National team he did nothing..

Fair enough my fucken Greek brotha, when that day comes, you owe me some pink lemonade, say in Barca, on a pearl jam European tour 2014.... :corn: :D
  • badbrains wrote:

Fair enough my fucken Greek brotha, when that day comes, you owe me some pink lemonade, say in Barca, on a pearl jam European tour 2014.... :corn: :D
    hehe..you will have your pink lemonade..
    vamos cabrones!!