Lionel messi...

titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
how on earth do you stop him??????????
Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    q_85_g_8_c_n_p__studio92_432778.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    :lol::lol::lol:

that would do it
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    sniper.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Well I had no idea who he was, so I googled him.

He's very nice looking. :D
  • sniper.jpg

just what i was thinking dimi :lol: (in a non violent way of course) maybe a spud gun ? :lol:
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • juan lesterjuan lester Posts: 321
    uke can save the world
    thats 5 goals he scored, in the game tonight, and they said of all the goals barcelona has scored in the champions league, messi has scored 10% of them.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    thats 5 goals he scored, in the game tonight, and they said of all the goals barcelona has scored in the champions league, messi has scored 10% of them.
    All time :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

yes, in the 20 odd years of champions league barca have scored something like 450ish goals, and messi has scored 46 or 47 now.

they're talking about him being the greatest player ever, its hard for me to agree, or disagree, some would say pele or maradonna. so who knows.

i just love they way he always plays with a smile on his face, and never ever playes for a foul, if he can get back up and play on then he will, not too many players can boast that.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    He's amazing.

He stuck five goals past Bayer Leverkusen last night.

Wheneevr I watch a game with him in I find myself sitting there dumbstruck.

Quite possibly the best football player of all time.
    Another thing about him is he doesn't really look like a footballer. He lloks more like a plumber - just a regular Joe. And he's always smiling - he loves it:

lionel-Messi-training.jpg
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Another thing about him is he doesn't really look like a footballer. He lloks more like a plumber - just a regular Joe. And he's always smiling - he loves it:

:lol: like it

agree on the best player of all time , although pele & maradona were before my time
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2

Byrnzie wrote:

:lol: like it

agree on the best player of all time , although pele & maradona were before my time

It's pretty much only the English who regard Pele as the best of all time, mainly because they've still got a chip on their shoulders over the fact Maradona almost single-handedly knocked them out of the World Cup in 1986. In a World-wide poll a few years ago Maradona got voted approx 50% of the vote, while Pele got 15% or 20%.

Anyway, I can't see how Messi won't eventually claim that title, if he hasn't done so already. I've never seen a player as good as him.
  • yeah true, we dont like diego , although from clips i have seen he did look better than pele

feel privileged to live in the same era of a great such as messi
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2

Decent documentary here on Messi shown last week in England - coincidentally the same evening he scored 5 goals against Bayer Leverkusen...

Lionel Messi - World's Greatest Player: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v08hvGWJlnk
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    The guy is just insanely incredible!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014

Aah! American! You don't do sport! :)
    nuffingman wrote:

Aah! American! You don't do sport! :)
    :)
  • frazbafrazba Posts: 601
    Messi is the greatest player I've ever seen, he performs every game. Maradona didn't turn up half the time, although when he did he would have ran Messi close. He (Maradona) is very highly regarded in Scotland, not sure why ;) I saw him as an 18 year old at Hampden in 1979, he scored against us when they beat us 3-1 (Sorry, by 'us' I mean Scotland)
    I'm afraid Pele was before even my time but some of the clips I've seen of him were outrageous
    800180-whip00_large.jpg

PinkFloydWallCoverOriginalNoText.jpg
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Messi is great dont get me wrong..to be considered the greatest of all time he needs to perform better in world cups. The greatest win titles on the biggest stage..Pele did it...Maradona did it..and Zidane did it. Messi has a decent supporting cast on the national team so there is no reason why they cant do it.

I hope he can...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Wma31394 wrote:
    Messi is great dont get me wrong..to be considered the greatest of all time he needs to perform better in world cups. The greatest win titles on the biggest stage..Pele did it...Maradona did it..and Zidane did it. Messi has a decent supporting cast on the national team so there is no reason why they cant do it.

I hope he can...
    true...no way he is better than Pele..Maradona ..and Zidane ...yet
    Wma31394 wrote:

I hope he can...

I have to say I disagree, Messi brings it every game he plays, he never disappoints, and he'll only get better. The best footballer I've ever seen, better than Maradona, Zidane and Pele (as amazing as they all were)
    frazba wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

I hope he can...

I have to say I disagree, Messi brings it every game he plays, he never disappoints, and he'll only get better. The best footballer I've ever seen, better than Maradona, Zidane and Pele (as amazing as they all were)
    when as a leader win alone,with not such great players on his team 1-2 world cups, will compare him with the others..
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    The man is a soccer god, and is only 25. I think if he wins a world cup, it's over, he'd be the greatest of all time.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    when as a leader win alone,with not such great players on his team 1-2 world cups, will compare him with the others..

Fair enough, but I'd also rank George Best amongst the best players the world has ever seen and he never even played in a World Cup.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    frazba wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

I hope he can...

I would have to say I disagree..the quality of players these days arent as good as the players from back in the day. Dont get me wrong you have some unbelievable individual talents but as a whole (team play) its not comparable. Players care more about their image and hair during the game more than the results.. :lol::lol: Pele did it like no other..3 world cups, first at 14 or 15 i think. He flat out dominated. Maradona was unreal especially in 86-90 but drugs obviously took its toll on him. Zidane..never seen anyone control the tempo of a game better.

Also, it cant go unmentioned..they dont play defense in La Liga...Look at Cristiano..like 130 goals in 130 games in La Liga..It took him like 200 plus games to reach 130 goals in Premier League. Put Messi In Premier league where I think the play is much more defense orientated and physical and I would bet his goal total would be much lower.

Again, Messi is great dont get me wrong. I love watching him play. I hope he gets a cup..Next to Greece..Argentina is my team!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    frazba wrote:

PinkFloydWallCoverOriginalNoText.jpg

ha ha, yeah, but knowing him he'd still find a gap small enough to get the ball past :lol::lol: