What to see in Seattle?

2»

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    edited March 2012
    barger395 wrote:
    Wow!! Thank you everyone for all your terrific ideas and suggestions!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I only have 5 days, but I'll keep y'alll posted on what we see, do, eat and drink. I just hope it's not raining like a monsoon while I'm there.

Cheers everyone!
    Barger

It hardly rains like that here, just one long 5 month series of sprinkles and showers.

Favorite touristy place to eat: Lowell's at Pike Place. It's where this scene was filmed:
    f87de07f-627c-4e74-89e0-b0376f37cf52.jpg

Favorite non-touristy place to eat: El Chupacabra in Phinney Ridge http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/el_chupacabra/Location?oid=24955. It's not that the food is out-of-this-world or anything, but it the vibe is a lot of fun and it's a good example of where a local would spend their weekend.

And take a hike up Tiger Mountain if you hit a patch of good weather.
    cd-0527-031-tiger-rainier-3-lg.jpg
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    THE PINK DOOR in POST ALLEY

its a cool restaurant thats also cabaret on certain nights
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    and go here for all your coffee.
    http://www.caffeladro.com/
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    headed here in a month. Any more suggestions, other than what's in here?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

what types of things do you like to do? museums? parks? hikes? touristy stuff?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

what types of things do you like to do? museums? parks? hikes? touristy stuff?

Eh, I like to stay away from the touristy stuff. I like to guage a city by its bars and food - and the people in said establishments.

We arrive Saturday night, going to the M's game Sunday, then going to San Juan on Monday for a kayaking/camping/killerwhale trip from Tuesday to Thursday, then headed back to Seattle Friday morning. So I guess we'll be in Seattle for only 3 days really. Can't wait though, totally looking forward to this trip.
    Also, let me know if these places are worth it - Shorty's Bar, and 5 Point Cafe. They're near where we're staying and they seem like my style.

And what do you thnk of The Walrus & The Carpenter and Anchovies & Olives?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    the Walrus and Carpenter is highly recommended (I have not been there, but always hear really good reviews), have not heard about Anchovies & Olives.

I like McCormick & Schmick's (fine dining, reservations recommended, but you can walk in) and Anthony's (on the waterfront downtown). The Crab Pot is also good.

I have not been to Shorty's yet, but it's on my list, I *LOVE* The 5 Point Cafe (they haven't changed the music in the jukebox since the 90s). If you go downtown, the Noc Noc is also a cool bar, their tater tots are ALWAYS perfect. The Funhouse is near the 5 Point, and they have a b-ball hoop outside so you can drink and play hoops, live music every night.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

RKCNDY wrote:
    the Walrus and Carpenter is highly recommended (I have not been there, but always hear really good reviews), have not heard about Anchovies & Olives.

I like McCormick & Schmick's (fine dining, reservations recommended, but you can walk in) and Anthony's (on the waterfront downtown). The Crab Pot is also good.

I have not been to Shorty's yet, but it's on my list, I *LOVE* The 5 Point Cafe (they haven't changed the music in the jukebox since the 90s). If you go downtown, the Noc Noc is also a cool bar, their tater tots are ALWAYS perfect. The Funhouse is near the 5 Point, and they have a b-ball hoop outside so you can drink and play hoops, live music every night.

Sweet. Looking forward to the 5 Point place for breakfast and booze.

Basketball hoop at the bar? Now that's awesome.

Yeah, I put that Anchovies & Olives place on the list because I wanna try geoduck.