Options

FT: Colored PJ20 Set

drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
edited March 2012 in Lost Dogs
Hey...

I have a PJ20 colored vinyl set that I paid a ton for that I'm looking to trade or sell -- it is opened and has two minor issues:
The red vinyl has a small scuff across the top of one side -- it doesnt feel like its an actual imprinted problem, but its noticeable. Its somewhat common with the PJ20 sets from what I've read because of the heavy weight of the LP set, but I'm trying to be as specific as I can.

The blue one very small scratch on one side about a half inch long. I got this unopened so it must have happened when it was made as I didn't do it. I tried taking a picture to send to the person I bought it from, and you can't see it in the picture... its very small but again I want to be as honest as I can here.

I'm getting one thats still sealed so I'm looking to trade/sell this one...here are items I would be willing to trade in some combination for:

vinyl
blue fixer
into the wild picture LP

CDs
daughter japenese promo CD (guitar case)
jeremy/black brazil promo CD
any test pressings/watermarked CDs (i have some but need most of them)
any promo CDs from Holland/Netherlands/etc (Unthought Known, Crown of Thorns, etc... any, really)
Monkeywrench radio promo CD set (good luck, I know!)

cassettes
Any advance promo cassettes for almost any album
Rough Mixes ten promo cassette

memorabilia
PJ iPod
McCready bobblehead
Any weird PJ official promo memorabilia (ten basketball, jam jar, vitalogy megaphone, etc)
Anything weird and rare in the world of promo/limited CDs (no unofficial stuff)
Mike McCready picks from PJ20/CA/SA Tour (the letters)

edit: right now I want to focus on trying for a trade... I had a lot of people email before the TC listing ended saying they wanted to wait and now want to buy it, which is still my second option. I'd still rather trade since it seems a better way of doing it if I can find someone to work something out with.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    "weird and rare"??

I'll pm my address for you to ship the LPs

I sent my wife your way
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    "weird and rare"??

I sent my wife your way
    If she's a weird and rare PJ item we'll definitely have to work on the details. :lol:
  • Options
    "weird and rare"??

I sent my wife your way

:lol:
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Pm'd
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    "weird and rare"??

I sent my wife your way
    you beat me to it......
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    drsluggo wrote:
    Disclaimer: Don't flame me on price - I paid a ton for it so I'm not a contest winner or anything like that and I'm not going to rolling around in money like a wall street banker if its sold. After fees/shipping/etc I'll be right around break-even. Feel free to flame on for other reasons though...

There's no reason for anyone to flame you RE: price. Considering the 10C currently has a sealed PJ20 colored vinyl set for $885 (with 2 days to go in the auction) your price is clearly in line with what the market is willing to pay.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Crazy people spend this much money on this stuff!

You could go to Europe and do all the shows!
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    Disclaimer: Don't flame me on price - I paid a ton for it so I'm not a contest winner or anything like that and I'm not going to rolling around in money like a wall street banker if its sold. After fees/shipping/etc I'll be right around break-even. Feel free to flame on for other reasons though...

There's no reason for anyone to flame you RE: price. Considering the 10C currently has a sealed PJ20 colored vinyl set for $885 (with 2 days to go in the auction) your price is clearly in line with what the market is willing to pay.
    Thanks for that... and I guess I was just trying to preemptively throw that out there since I didn't get it for free. Even then I wouldn't fault someone, but since I did pay market value for it I figured I'd mention that off the top. :)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'd pm homegrown to guage the "true" value

good luck with the sale...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Tempting but just blew alot of dough on the working van. :(

Pretty sweet man you were able to score 2 of these colored PJ20 vinyl copies.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    drsluggo wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

Thanks for that... and I guess I was just trying to preemptively throw that out there since I didn't get it for free. Even then I wouldn't fault someone, but since I did pay market value for it I figured I'd mention that off the top. :)

It's sad that you had to put the disclaimer there but also necessary considering how most rare item sale threads on here have been derailed recently.

Anyways, good luck with the sale :thumbup:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i'd pm homegrown to guage the "true" value

good luck with the sale...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    How did you come by 2 of them out of interest?
    I have emailed 10 club twice about this set and they almost deny it's existence, always saying they have no info.
    I wanna know how this got out into the market. promos? Comp winners? Close to band/record label? etc etc
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    How did you come by 2 of them out of interest?
    I have emailed 10 club twice about this set and they almost deny it's existence, always saying they have no info.
    I wanna know how this got out into the market. promos? Comp winners? Close to band/record label? etc etc
    I got the first one from a small record shop who sold it for a lot (they knew it wasnt a normal one) and thats what is up here.

The second one I got from a contest winner who also had the book and DVD so definitely from the XM radio thing. I got that one to keep sealed/mint - since I can't keep both I figured I'd post it up here.

Unfortunately no awesome band connections here to pull that one off. :)
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Brisk. wrote:
    Crazy people spend this much money on this stuff!

You could go to Europe and do all the shows!

Or just barely pay for a ticket over there if you are in the US. Blahh
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Man- wish I had the cash!!!
  • Options
    evening bump...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    Surely this is sold by now?
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    do you still have this?
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    10C's sealed PJ20 colored set sold for $1815.00 on eBay today.

Yes, 10C was raising funds for a personal cause. Having said that, the seller's asking price of $900 is still a significant bargain in comparison considering he's looking to get as much of his cost back as possible.

Good luck.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    OK..

So since a bunch of people PMed me before the TC auction ended saying they wanted to wait and are now PMing me to buy, I'm going to hold off on selling and try to focus on a trade. It just seems better... I don't value my set anywhere near $1,800 because mine is opened and has the two detailed issues, but I just don't know how to sell now considering the TC price and the # of people who messaged me before wanting to wait and now that it went for a ton more want to all buy now...

So that said... I'll try to add more to my ISO post tonight too to see if that helps.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    drsluggo wrote:
    OK..

So since a bunch of people PMed me before the TC auction ended saying they wanted to wait and are now PMing me to buy, I'm going to hold off on selling and try to focus on a trade. It just seems better... I don't value my set anywhere near $1,800 because mine is opened and has the two detailed issues, but I just don't know how to sell now considering the TC price and the # of people who messaged me before wanting to wait and now that it went for a ton more want to all buy now...

So that said... I'll try to add more to my ISO post tonight too to see if that helps.

i don't have much to offer, but i'd be more than willing to throw in some stuff so Kevin (theserialthrilla) can own this.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    edited March 2012
    :D
    Post edited by dwhite76 on
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    :idea:
    Post edited by drsluggo on
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    drsluggo is a good dude, I'm very confident that whatever he works out will be 100% fair for both sides.
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    edited March 2012
    8-)
    Post edited by dwhite76 on
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    :?:
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    RiotZact wrote:
    drsluggo is a good dude, I'm very confident that whatever he works out will be 100% fair for both sides.

:thumbup:

totally agree