Help me get some Kinder Surprise for Easter!

emilysu99emilysu99 Posts: 201
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I would love to get some Kinder eggs to put in my and my son's Easter baskets. Here in the states we can't typically get the treats and my few black market sources in ethnic shops have dried up due to a spring crackdown by the FDA. Could any of the across-the-pond/border fans here ship me a few eggs?

I hate to be picky when asking for a favor but as I understand it Germany has the best eggs. (It was there I first fell in love with the uberraschung on a high school trip). So Germany is tops for me but I would love and cherish any and all from any other country. I will pay all costs.

Let me know!
It's OK, It's OK...we've all seen better days

Noblesville 5/7/10, PJ20 Alpine 9/3/11- 9/4/11, MIA Philly 9/2/12, Missoula 9/30/12, Wrigley 7/19/13, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Well, first you would have to tell me what the hell a kinder egg is.

I have no clue. Plus I'm in the states too, so I really can't help you, but I am curious.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    what the hell is a kinder egg? I'm curios now too.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,785
    I can do it for you, of course if you want me to. I live in Greece. Just pm me your postal address. How many of them do you want? Two, four?

For those who don't know what it is, here:

kinder_egg.jpg
    41576_444196345076_1138950_n.jpg
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I think Germany no longer gets different toys from the rest of Europe if that helps.

There is a ban on importing them into the States though :shock:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Pap wrote:
    I can do it for you, of course if you want me to. I live in Greece. Just pm me your postal address. How many of them do you want? Two, four?

For those who don't know what it is, here:

kinder_egg.jpg
    41576_444196345076_1138950_n.jpg

what is that inside???
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    chime wrote:
    There is a ban on importing them into the States though :shock:

Really? :o Why? :o I don't want to get in trouble just because of a Kinder egg. :)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    StillHere wrote:
    what is that inside???

The surprise. Usually, a little plastic toy.

choc460.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    no problem..sent me your address
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I would totally help also, since I can get them anywhere and I am closer to the States.

But this scares me:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2011/01/10/man-kinder-surprise-border.html

Such a big deal for such little eggs!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    That's just crazy. All for an egg
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    I would totally help also, since I can get them anywhere and I am closer to the States.

But this scares me:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2011/01/10/man-kinder-surprise-border.html

Such a big deal for such little eggs!

wow..so the US is saying that we don't have any toys with teeny tiny parts here??? :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    How dumb that there is a ban on these, yet how many toys are marketed in the States that could easily be choking hazards? :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    dcfaithful wrote:
    How dumb that there is a ban on these, yet how many toys are marketed in the States that could easily be choking hazards? :roll:

One of the reasons I hate the FDA. :-x

Somebody will hook you up. :-P Hope the kids enjoy them!
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Apparently US children don't know the difference between plastic and chocolate according to your government.

:lol:

I mean Com'on!!!! Give the kids the eggs!!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Apparently US children don't know the difference between plastic and chocolate according to your government.

Stop rubbing it in....
    :)
    Pamela0222 wrote:

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    One of the reasons I hate the FDA. :-x

Yes, one of many.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361

I say go for it Dimitris, it's the least of the trouble we could be getting into these days 8-)
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    Carey wrote:

I say go for it Dimitris, it's the least of the trouble we could be getting into these days 8-)
    haha...besos Blondie...

Go Illini...
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Wow, I never knew it would be hard to come across those in the States :shock: I also read that it's not only because of chokable parts, but also because it's not allowed to hide stuff in chocolate in the States. Well, everyday you learn something new ...

However, I'm from Germany, and I would take the chance if you want to. The only thing they can do apparently is taking them out of the box and put a note in there.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    My cheap booze/European chocolate/British condiment guy usually has a bunch of these. His shop ain't exactly legal. I try to give him as much business as possible. I'll swing by and see if he has any or if he can gets his hands on any. He's a real good guy. Real good. And he always gives me a real good deal. Real good. :mrgreen:
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    edited March 2012
    My boys grew up with these before they got banned and still love em! they are teens and still alive :lol:

You can find them in Canada and Mexico....We buy them everytime we travel but sadly I have not found anyone who will ship :(

For those of you brave enough

http://www.notmartha.org/archives/2010/ ... rise-eggs/

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CB8Q9QEwBQ
    Post edited by bionicamy on
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • emilysu99emilysu99 Posts: 201
    Yeah it's stupid but it is what it is for now. Hearkens back to a 1938 law prohibiting embedding "non-nutritive items" in confections.

Noblesville 5/7/10, PJ20 Alpine 9/3/11- 9/4/11, MIA Philly 9/2/12, Missoula 9/30/12, Wrigley 7/19/13, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I don't get it, they're over priced, you get a crappy toy, and more to the point HARDLY ANY CHOCOLATE! I'd just buy some packs of the kinder sticks - much better value for money!
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    My cheap booze/European chocolate/British condiment guy usually has a bunch of these. His shop ain't exactly legal. I try to give him as much business as possible. I'll swing by and see if he has any or if he can gets his hands on any. He's a real good guy. Real good. And he always gives me a real good deal. Real good. :mrgreen:

Haha nice... There's a head shop out here that sells switch blades. :lol:
    I don't get it, they're over priced, you get a crappy toy, and more to the point HARDLY ANY CHOCOLATE! I'd just buy some packs of the kinder sticks - much better value for money!

Oh facepolution I disagree! I believe they are an excellent value. And while I would argue that the quality of the toy has gone down since the mid 90's they are still fun, charming little toys. The chocolate is still as tasty. I still have all the toys I got from the eggs when I was in high school and had the good fortune to visit Europe and Mexico. That was 14+ years ago and my son now enjoys playing with them.

I do buy other kinder chocolates like bueno and hippos when I see them but really I'm in it for the surprise. I'm just a sucker for sweet little mysteries wrapped up in chocolate. And really, when you put it like that, who isn't?

• just tinajust tina Posts: 277
    i know perugina used to make (large) chocolate eggs with a "surprise" inside and i still see them being sold here in the states (couldn't tell you where off the top of my head but probably italian specialty shops?)...i THINK these days the surprise toy is instead now a surprise of more chocolate (smaller eggs, or a chocolate bunny, etc)...
    bionicamy wrote:
    My boys grew up with these before they got banned and still love em! they are teens and still alive :lol:

You can find them in Canada and Mexico....We buy them everytime we travel but sadly I have not found anyone who will ship :(

For those of you brave enough

http://www.notmartha.org/archives/2010/ ... rise-eggs/

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CB8Q9QEwBQ

Those Not-Martha homemade eggs are amazing and something I don't have the gumption to attempt. Sadly.
    And Disney Magic I remember those. I received a handful of those before they were banned too. Still have those little character toys too. :)

• I'll help you out too if you want to PM me your address...
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    oh holy hell...parents that cannot be responsible parents and tell their kids to quit shoving everything in their mouth! I think I got a few of those eggs at one point in time...is this why the 'toys' in the cracker jacks got all cheezy? (now I kinda want a kinder egg for myself...hahahhaha)

Good luck to you on your search for these wonderful eggs OP!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless