Options

Ten: Collector's Edition (CD / DVD Box Set) ??

2»

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    i just cant wait for the super dooper ultra limited *cough* version that 10c are gonna shove at us 2 weeks beforehand! oh goodie...

'all these reaching hands out, grabbing things....gimme gimme gimme....gimme gimme gimme' - Ed MSG 98...

oh the times they are a changin...

You are not obligated to buy anything limited edition or special from the 10C, are you?

At least I dont feel I am, I buy it because I want to, that's their job that's how they make their money, selling the music they work hard on... so why should anyone knocked them down labeling them to be a greedy-money-grabbing band....?

You dont charge for your work? I know I do.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,350
    You are not obligated to buy anything limited edition or special from the 10C, are you?

At least I dont feel I am, I buy it because I want to, that's their job that's how they make their money, selling the music they work hard on... so why should anyone knocked them down labeling them to be a greedy-money-grabbing band....?

this is also something the band has talked about doing every since ten was released and there are soooo many people that want a remastered version I don't think this is all about making money, their giving us something we want and have been asking for (most of us anyways) while at the same time taking care of some unfinished business.

I'll buy the shit out of it.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488

No i'm not, but on the other hand, you know it'll be some limited number arse biscuit only certain 'elite' fans will be able to get their hands on and then will be on ebay forfuckinever afterwards..

hey 10c..how about if you made enough of everything to go around, that'd kill the ebay effect & you wouldnt have to trawl scumbay everyday trying to scupper 10c members selling benaroya vinyls and such for vastly inflated prices? just a thought...

That and the fact that we only EVER hear from them when theyre selling something...it's kind of disgusting & as far as i'm concerned, and i'm not alone in this, against what Pj was always about.
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    This is BS. If a Ten remaster was coming out, Sony would be all over it and promoting it. It's not just going to show up on some random website a month before the supposed release date.

On a related note, in the last email from 10C:

"- The crew here has been digging through some amazing Pearl Jam artwork and goodies from '91-92. We're trying to figure out what we can do with it but we're sure we can come up with something. Don't ya think? Stay tuned."
    Sam
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    samnation wrote:
    This is BS. If a Ten remaster was coming out, Sony would be all over it and promoting it. It's not just going to show up on some random website a month before the supposed release date.

On a related note, in the last email from 10C:

"- The crew here has been digging through some amazing Pearl Jam artwork and goodies from '91-92. We're trying to figure out what we can do with it but we're sure we can come up with something. Don't ya think? Stay tuned."

I think you just made the case that its not BS...!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    bump..

any news?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    locked wrote:
    I think you just made the case that its not BS...!

It's BS.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    UndieTaker wrote:
    It's BS.

99% of the time, threads that contain PJ related items that are BS are almost instantly deleted by the mods. There's certainly something to these items because the company involved (EzyDVD) are one of Australia's largest and most reputable businesses.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    99% of the time, threads that contain PJ related items that are BS are almost instantly deleted by the mods. There's certainly something to these items because the company involved (EzyDVD) are one of Australia's largest and most reputable businesses.

promising......
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Why have I NOT heard of this coming out before!!!

I'm from Oz and this is the first I have heard about it EVER!!, the price sounds pretty good and I am DEFINITLEY NOT gonna let this one pass me by!! :)

Even though My copy of Ten is still in good condition (& signed as well) I am still gonna have to buy this...My only thing about it is that shouldn't it have been released in the US before we got it????

Mmmmm...i think I'm gonna ring Ezy DVD tommorow & suss this one out to see what'a actually going on with it, Cause going by what the website says, you CANNOT order this item before hand, like you usually can with all the other stuff they have on their website & in their store!

Guess we'll just have to wait & see?????
  • Options
    i believe this will come out...like ozjammer said...this thread would have been deleted if it was a lie

bring it on

i need more
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    I am super excited about this release. I think ten and vs is easily the most interesting pj era and I think its sad there are no official live releases from the period.

If a DVD of a 92/93 show would come out I might as well open my trouser-drawer and pee all over my pants. They are all gonna end up wet anyways.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Niko80 wrote:
    I am super excited about this release. I think ten and vs is easily the most interesting pj era and I think its sad there are no official live releases from the period.

If a DVD of a 92/93 show would come out I might as well open my trouser-drawer and pee all over my pants. They are all gonna end up wet anyways.

:)
  • Options
    Niko80 wrote:
    I

the DVD is going to be a compilation from the 2008 tour..

not the sticky thread of "PJammers choice" posted by Kat above..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    locked wrote:
    the DVD is going to be a compilation from the 2008 tour..

not the sticky thread of "PJammers choice" posted by Kat above..

Sad but most likely true.. Still hope for a old school dvd though.

A 2008 compilation of ten songs doesn't appeal to me all that much. I'll still pick it up, but my pants will remain dry...
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I'm calling NOT BS...just my thought.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Release date's been altered on the site to January 26th, 2009.
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    spencer wrote:
    Release date's been altered on the site to January 26th, 2009.

To coincide with the tour?? :eek:
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Oh...

Hmm.

Interesting.
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    this was my reply email from ezydvd this arvo.

Hi Lincoln,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can advise that at this stage neither of these 2 titles are orderable through our company.

This means that the suppliers are yet to inform us of a release date and until they give us further information, we have been asked to take this off our webpage.

Keep an eye out, as they should re-appear at any stage.

Kind Regards
    Ezydvd
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Thats exactly what I tought when they changed the release date!!! Hopefully they will do as they said on that tour and get the 3-annual Mark Richards!
    Also, they had a few concerts here with pro footage that was never released....that should be it.
    Bring it on!
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!