Options

FS: White Backspacer $200

Comments

• Options
    stickman81 wrote:
    I'm just pissed of that the op didn't take any of my cupcakes...these cupcakes are magically delicious!!!!!! :x

I didn't know it was a formal offer... I'd never turn down cupcakes.
  • Options
    Antagonistic BS, completely after the fact. Unnecessary poor form :thumbdown:
    Move on.
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited February 2012
    notice AILUROPHOBEs' avatar change....nuff said

way to represent yourself & your beliefs...

Ty Cobb:
    "A racist, Cobb once slapped a black elevator operator for being "uppity." When a black night watchman intervened, Cobb pulled out a knife and stabbed him."

"I like them ni**ers personally. When I was little I had a colored mammy. I played with colored children."
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I'm looking to sell my opened white copy of Backspacer for $200

I think it's a fair price considering I just bought it for $20 just a few months ago on this very site.
    Pay no attention to the fact one just sold yesterday on ebay sealed for $153 and there is another sealed available as a buy-it-now for $180, "I'm just trying to offer it up to a fellow fan here on the boards"

I bit my tongue for a long time here dude. Only because it's the proper thing to do, I still don't feel like a have any right to. Just like you didn't have the right to start a thread on a TRADING forum about a false trade with the sole purpose of antagonizing another member. That is ridiculous, but yet I know this club, and these members would accept an apology. You still do have that choice to retain some credibility here. And by that I don't mean credibility as a trader but as a human being. My name is Timothy Synan, I live in Yonkers , New york. Give me a call if you like.. My # is 914-6*9-0***. Pm me for the other digits, or just apologize dude. And also, I'm not asking that you apologize for your opinions, we are ALL entitled to that, just for your mistake made here...

-Timmy :)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options

I think it's a fair price considering I just bought it for $20 just a few months ago on this very site.
    Pay no attention to the fact one just sold yesterday on ebay sealed for $153 and there is another sealed available as a buy-it-now for $180, "I'm just trying to offer it up to a fellow fan here on the boards"

I bit my tongue for a long time here dude. Only because it's the proper thing to do, I still don't feel like a have any right to. Just like you didn't have the right to start a thread on a TRADING forum about a false trade with the sole purpose of antagonizing another member. That is ridiculous, but yet I know this club, and these members would accept an apology. You still do have that choice to retain some credibility here. And by that I don't mean credibility as a trader but as a human being. My name is Timothy Synan, I live in Yonkers , New york. Give me a call if you like.. My # is 914-6*9-0***. Pm me for the other digits, or just apologize dude. And also, I'm not asking that you apologize for your opinions, we are ALL entitled to that, just for your mistake made here...

Fine... Only because you seem like a good dude.
    I apologize for antagonizing mfc2006 with this thread, I went overboard and should have let it rest yesterday.
  • Options
    Thank you. Apology sincerely accepted. Good on you...
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    now look at the avatar change....again :roll:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,372
    I'm not sure of what all went down, who was wrong/right whatever, but I am sure that I don't see a lot of apologies on these boards. Nice gesture Ailurophobe, thank you.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    pjradio wrote:
    yours is always changing! :crazy: :crazy:
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    yours is always changing! :crazy: :crazy:

yep...70+ per cycle.... :D
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

I apologize for antagonizing mfc2006 with this thread, I went overboard and should have let it rest yesterday.

Not sure what to say to this, but thanks for the gesture. next time you have a problem with something i post, send me a pm. thank you.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    To me, this community is like a family and like most familys the arguments can get heated and overblown. At some point though, you realize you have to let it go for the benefit of ur family. It doesn't mean that anyone is right or wrong, sometimes ya just need to take a step back and try to see the bigger picture. Ail... your point was not without some merit but when u take it too far, your arguement loses all validity. Nice job apologizing. MFC..I'm glad u got ur Binaural, that's awesome! Its just another example of how cool our Family can be. For the record, I would trade with either of you. Ya know what I make my kids do in these situations.....Hug It Out! ;)
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,945
    I blame that damn White Backspacer coming in here and causing trouble!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721

Good on ya....

This was necessary.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    The thing is the issue here was never about rules, it was a question of ethics.

The fact remains anyone is entitled to sell items here for a set price (provided it isnt flipping - and Id say sufficient time has passed to reduce any inferrence of flipping).

Whether you agree or disagree is simply a matter of opinion.

I couldnt care less if people charge a price that is unpopular. It more than likely wont sell, thats how the market works.

The problem will exist here for a long time that there are very vocal people here who are against profiting against this band....but i bet the vast majority wouldnt sell their own things for cost when it is way below the market value despite their vocal opinions here. I have found two members in the past who have claimed to be anti flippers - quite staunchly and found them on ebay under different usernames. Matt had the balls to put his name to his sale.......and despite what anyone thinks he had every right to do so.

Its all worked out well too - he has his Binaural on the way and someone else is the proud owner of a white.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,090
    pdalowsky wrote:
    The problem will exist here for a long time that there are very vocal people here who are against profiting against this band....but i bet the vast majority wouldnt sell their own things for cost when it is way below the market value despite their vocal opinions here. I have found two members in the past who have claimed to be anti flippers - quite staunchly and found them on ebay under different usernames. Matt had the balls to put his name to his sale.......and despite what anyone thinks he had every right to do so.

+1 Well said.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I suggest a new rule for Lost Dogs. if you're gonna post here, you hafta prove you're going commando. lotsa knickers getting into serious twists over posts that aren't even their business. pointless and screws up the vibe.
    leave em to it. it's their stuff and if others want to buy it, no matter what the asking price/final price, it's their own beeswax.

cannot understand other sticking their noses in. makes no sense.

We can police ourselves, surely.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Everyone should just adhere to posting rule #1

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

The spirit of the original post violated this, as do many people who start flaming other people here. Opinions can be expressed without being nasty. Agree to disagree.

OP admitted he got carried away and apologized publicly. Matt graciously accepted. Cool on both sides. Now let's move on. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    so....there really isn't a white backspacer for sale here?

talk about false advertising
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    eldarion75 wrote:
    I suggest a new rule for Lost Dogs. if you're gonna post here, you hafta prove you're going commando. lotsa knickers getting into serious twists over posts that aren't even their business. pointless and screws up the vibe.
    leave em to it. it's their stuff and if others want to buy it, no matter what the asking price/final price, it's their own beeswax.

+1

this seat is cold on my arse!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

I couldnt care less if people charge a price that is unpopular. It more than likely wont sell, thats how the market works.

eldarion75 wrote:

listen to these two...very wise...hope this can be the new standard here. the lynch mob can be ridiculous at times, and i can understand it - many on here feel like this place is supposed to offer better deals than other places. and the OP, although in very poor form, was trying to hold that standard in place. but, lets just cut out making comments on other people's sales in the public forums. if you think its high and you want to make an offer, do it with respect and via PMs. ..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    i dont have a clue whats going on,cos barely comes to this forum anymore,but seems that after the white backspacer,backpack and all this limited shit this forum fucked up..
    back to AET forum...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,662
    81 wrote:

:lol:

OP, solid form to come correct. As you can see there is a lot of love for what Matt does on this board to help members out.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i dont have a clue whats going on,cos barely comes to this forum anymore,but seems that after the white backspacer,backpack and all this limited shit this forum fucked up..
    back to AET forum...

take a bottle (of pink lemonade), pass it around :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    back to AET forum...

take a bottle (of pink lemonade), pass it around :lol:
    sure,but not in lost dogs forum.. :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    back to AET forum...

i'll see you there, man. my time in the LD forum is going to be limited from now on. so, save me some lemonade!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    back to AET forum...

i'll see you there, man. my time in the LD forum is going to be limited from now on. so, save me some lemonade!!! :D
    im waiting that smoking baby to sent me that fuckin powder to make some!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    im waiting that smoking baby to sent me that fuckin powder to make some!!! :mrgreen:

should be there tuesday after next :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    edited February 2012
    I think everyone is missing the point the OP was trying to make. It wasn't so much about the price, although that had something to do with it, I think his point had more to do with flip flopping then flipping. I've never seen any Flip Flopping by MFC, but then again I really don't care. However, some people on this thread who have been extremely vocal and can almost be seen as advocates against resellers with high prices, were defending MFC as if they were no longer advocates. That was a head scratcher :? . At the end of the day It seems like the only person who ended up getting lynched was the OP :lol::lol: . Do I agree with how the OP came back and handled this? Nope- I think it was kind of childish, but then again most of the time there is childish behavior going down on this forum, more like all the time!! MFC tried trading the vinyl for the longest time, heck I was so sick of his trade thread that I was ready to give him my copy!! :lol::lol::lol: Then he listed the vinyl for a set price, which means if you want the item, but think it's to highly priced then maybe you should try to make some kind of freakin offer YO!!(that goes out to anyone trying to buy something)!! It's that simple!!! I think MFC took the right approach and his intentions were good.
    There are about 3 people on here trying to sell their BLURay's , but no one is buying them because they are over priced!! So those threads die!! That's usually what happens when you over price your items. Personally I don't have a problem with people posting market values, but do it in an informative/respectful way. Don't bash someone who may or may not be informed.
    Lastly, I personally I don't care what anyone sells or how much they ask for it, however that doesn't mean this place should turn into Tiffany & Co. There should be some kind of balance here. Let the voice of Reason guide you!! :? :?
    Post edited by Boxes&Books on
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    81 wrote:

I thought this as a fun joke when I read the post a couple of days ago, was I the only one who saw the irony in the ad?
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2