Anybody have a tempur pedic mattress?

2»

Comments

• is a temur pedic = sleep number?

our bed is 4 yrs old. I already have a bad back (shows up on xray and cat scan). If I fall asleep on our couch, I'm fine....like this a.m. after I went back to bed, my back pain woke me up before the alarm. It keeps happening even when I went to bed pain free.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    5 years this month.....LOVE IT! :D
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Yes... best purchase I ever made.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Yes... best purchase I ever made.

I can attest to this, after spending hours in BD's bed.

Stop it, it's not like that.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Yes... best purchase I ever made.

I can attest to this, after spending hours in BD's bed.

Stop it, it's not like that.

i was sent pictures! :o :shock:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    TS96221 wrote:
    is a temur pedic = sleep number?

not even close

tempur pedic is a specail foam....

sleep number is a glorified air mattress
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    i just can't get over the price..... :shock: :shock:

but Laurel's been talking about these things....not sure that I'm ready/willing to throw down that kind of $ on a mattress. ours is good enough for now, damnit! :evil:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mfc2006 wrote:

that's always been my hold back. yowsers.... and after speding a big chunk of change on our current mattress...it's gotta go anouther 3 or 4 years
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    81 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

that's always been my hold back. yowsers.... and after speding a big chunk of change on our current mattress...it's gotta go anouther 3 or 4 years

exactly. i think we have another 4-5 years on this one...but she keeps bringing it up. :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    mfc2006 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:
    i'm interested too...how much are they?

mid-range twin $2499.99

:shock: :shock:

holy shit that's a lot of $!

"sorry, son...i know it's your 16th birthday & you had your heart set on getting a car...but we bought a mattress instead!" :lol::lol:

My sister & her husband have one that cost more than my car. (Okay, I got my car for free, but still.) I think it cost $6000-$8000, including the fancy frame. But I swear I've never slept in more heavenly a bed! (It's true that it gets kind of hot though.) If I were rich, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Can anyone support the claim that these help a bad back?

I've considered, and still am considering one to help with this. I feel that my current mattress doesn't provide a lot of support in that department.

I've slept on one before and it was extremely comfrotable, but that was before I started having some issues and I have never slept on one consistently.

My sister & brother-in-law got theirs because he has a seriously fucked up back - like, chiropractors are surprised that he's even able to walk - and it causes him a lot of pain. It's been miraculous for him.
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    We looked at the Tempur-pedic but it was definitely out of our price range. We ended up getting a Sealy Embody which is also a memory foam. It is amazing. My husband and I both have lower back problems and this has helped tremendously. If you can't afford the Tempur-pedic this is a viable option. Had it for 6 months and we are thrilled and this is after having several top of the line inner spring mattresses. Will never go back!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
    Another idea, if you're too broke to buy the tempurpedic mattress, is to get a tempurpedic pillow. :) That's what I got - with a memory foam (not tempurpedic) mattress topper on my old, cheap mattress. I really do find that even just the pillow goes a long way toward a good night's sleep. :thumbup: