Options

Got Some, Give Some, Get Something..

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    edited February 2012
    Donating my PJ20 BLACK HAT to the prize pool for this because I fuckin' can.
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    Holy shit. I had no idea this thread was four pages long when I posted that.

It really took off fast!!! :D

Less than 2 hours!!!! :D:D What a club :clap::clap::clap:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Donating my PJ20 black cap to the prize pool for this because I fuckin' can.

Better bold " Black cap"... I read "back pack" at first glance :o:o:lol:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    Donating my PJ20 black cap to the prize pool for this because I fuckin' can.

Better bold " Black cap"... I read "back pack" at first glance :o:o:lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    :clap:

BUY IN FOR MATT TO SPIN!!!! 8-)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    absolutely unbelievable.

thanks to all of you for turning this day around after a very interesting/rough morning. i'll be drawing the winner TOMORROW at 5PM Central US Time!!!

thanks so much,
    Matt :D:D:D:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dan46erdan46er Posts: 157
    Wanna know when the next helpee is decided, I can give ten.
    Buffalo 05/10/10, Buffalo 10/12/13, Brooklyn 10/19/13

"I seem to recognize your face, haunting, familiar yet, I can't seem to place it..."
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Wow, seems to have filled up fast. Great! If there is still room, I'm in.
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    Wow, I'm glued to Lost Dogs all darn day, leave for a bit, and come back to THIS. Awesome, simply awesome. I'm really happy to be a member of this amazing community and it excites me that there are so many kind, giving souls out there!!!

Count me in to donate $10 and a pj prize as well if there is a Round 2. I'm all smiles today, thanks guys! :D
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Just a thought.....but, I tried to start this a while ago and did not receive too much interest. This is a terrible story that I was made aware of by a good friend of mine through the boards. He is a very generous guy himself and would be upset if I brought it up again......but who cares :lol::lol: maybe we could collect enough to get him another bag!

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=179681&p=4148344#p4148344
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    damn, i'm just seeing this now :shock:

i definately would have donated.
  • Options
    I would be glad to collect via paypal! If people think we can raise enough. As for prizes for donors I would have to think. My PJ collection is very small.......

After looking on the auction site there is currently one that comes with stickers that we could give away as prizes. I will pay for the shipping on those myself.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    cmalisze wrote:
    Just a thought.....but, I tried to start this a while ago and did not receive too much interest. This is a terrible story that I was made aware of by a good friend of mine through the boards. He is a very generous guy himself and would be upset if I brought it up again......but who cares :lol::lol: maybe we could collect enough to get him another bag!

I know you have good intentions, but I think you shouldn't force someone to accept a gift if they don't want it.

I tried something similar recently and when I realized the recipient did not want it, it was just very unsettling for me so I called it off.

My 2 cents :D
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Suziemay wrote:
    cmalisze wrote:

I know you have good intentions, but I think you shouldn't force someone to accept a gift if they don't want it.

I tried something similar recently and when I realized the recipient did not want it, it was just very unsettling for me so I called it off.

Point well taken......we can move on...but I doubt he would return it! :D:D
    Post edited by cmalisze on
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    missed it....errrr...count me in for whatever else...good for you mfc....good job released
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    LoveBoatCaptainDaveLoveBoatCaptainDave san antonio,tx Posts: 461
    of all days to work late!! :evil: congrats mfc,you deserve it!! absolutely awesome idea by released1980,major props to you as well!! you can count me in as well for whoever needs help next
    san antonio tx 2003
    austin tx 2009
    EV san antonio tx 2011
    dallas tx 2013
    austin tx 2014
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    cmalisze wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    cmalisze wrote:

Point well taken......we can move on...but I doubt he would return it! :D:D
    Oh, but you know him better than I do so ultimately it's your call! Just giving you my er, 2 cents :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Sometimes people deserve nice things to be done for them whether they like it or not :twisted: :twisted:
  • Options
    mahndogmahndog Posts: 394
    would have loved to help. . . let me know if ya wanna help out anyone else or need another donation here :-0)

Jeremy
    Toronto 9.21.96/Barrie 8.22.98/Toronto 10.5.00/Toronto 6.28.03/Kitchener 9.11.05/Toronto 5.10.06/Toronto 8.21.09/PJ20 9.03.11/PJ20 9.04.11/Toronto 9.11.11/London 7.16.13/Buffalo 10.12.13

kingjeremysig.jpg
  • Options
    This is why I love being a part of this community! Good job to the OP for organizing this! Great idea. Would have loved to donate, make sure to count me in for the next one! Congrats Matt, spin her for me ;)
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Hey gang, I am going to get in contact with Roger and we will post up the next one. I think you guys are really going to like helping this new board member out.

Thanks all for helping Matt out!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    Just wanted to thank everyone again!! I am genuinely floored by the reaction. Given what happened earlier today, this means even more. For that, I thank you all!!!

Now the fun stuff.....
    All who helped out have been entered to win my White Backspacer!!!

2nd place will win a mystery poster (donated by me)
    3rd place will win a PJ20 hat purchased at AV (donated by 2-feign-reluctance, Chris)
    4th place will win a mystery poster (donated by Released1980, Timmy)
    5th place will win a mystery PJ shirt (donated by me)

So, there you have it!! I will compile the list tomorrow afternoon & will draw the winners at 5pm Central US time!!

Thanks again, everyone!!!

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Just wanted to thank everyone again!! I am genuinely floored by the reaction. Given what happened earlier today, this means even more. For that, I thank you all!!!

Now the fun stuff.....

3rd place will win a PJ20 hat purchased at AV (donated by 2-feign-reluctance, Chris)

So, there you have it!! I will compile the list tomorrow afternoon & will draw the winners at 5pm Central US time!!

Matt

:clap: :thumbup:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    You guys really are the best! :thumbup:

Please count me in on the next one!

Matt, I'm so happy for you that you'll be getting your Binaural! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    photo3-12.jpg

getting ready for tomorrow.... :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 976
    pjradio wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Now the fun stuff.....

Matt

:clap: :thumbup:

This is sweet, can't wait! :D

Matt, Timmy and Chris are great dudes! Glad Matt is getting that Binuaral. Awesome of Timmy to set up & donate, and for Chris to donate as well.

Good peeps on this board, glad to have joined.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20 (Canceled)
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20 (Canceled)
    Indianapolis, IN - 9/10/23 (Canceled)
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,850
    MFC: Congrats man....well deserved!!! Spin, spin! Wish I'd caught wind of the cause earlier so I could've supported....I'll buy ya a beer in Austin instead ;):) .

OP: :clap: :wave: . Gestures like this are why I love these boards.
  • Options
    ST279453ST279453 Posts: 195
    These boards are AWESOME. Please count me in on the next one.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,938
    Rad stuff going on in here! Good luck all!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    shit, i saw this way too late. i would have donated.

count me in when we go in for his benny lp :)
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...