Options

Sponsored by no-one DVD???

LoveboatKmanLoveboatKman Australia Posts: 289
edited February 2012 in Lost Dogs
Has anyone heard of this 1995 DVD, and if so, was the quality alright? I know a lot of it was shot in Australia, so being an Aussie i've seen 2 for sale and am keen to see the footage, but wasn't sure if they were a waste of $$$$$ cos they were very amateur in quality. Opinions?
Cheers, Kman
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    This topic is off limits here
  • Options
    Why's that? I'm actually trying to establish 'is this a legit dvd or just something that someone's thrown together and is as dodgy as?' (legally as well as quality wise) I've never heard of it and was wondering if anyone knew?
    Sorry if i've offended, certainly not my intention
  • Options
    legit... but not legit. Look elsewhere.
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 976
    If I'm not mistaken, they are referring to this per the posting guidelines.

"9. Please respect the band's Taping & Camera policy (https://www.pearljam.com/tenclub).
    Trading audience-recorded AUDIO PJ shows even-up, ok. No video. Bootlegs: Selling, linking to, or making offers are not ok. 2 for 1 trades is making profit, not ok. "

Although you're not trying to sell anything like this, I believe these guys are trying to point out that anything along the lines of unofficial and unlicensed concert footage is off limits.

This is just my guess though since they didn't give much detail.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20 (Canceled)
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20 (Canceled)
    Indianapolis, IN - 9/10/23 (Canceled)
  • Options
    No worries. You gotta remember in Australia we haven't always been priviledged with a lot of the earlier Pj goodies. So i just wasn't sure if this was an early available piece we never saw? It is presented very professionally, but that's so easy to do now with readily available technologies, which is why i was asking is it worthy of my $$$ or a fake.
    Thanks for your feedback, Kman
  • Options
    Saying "1995 movie" is like saying the N-word around theses parts!!! Getting in before the lock down!!!
    :lol:
  • Options
    Wow, didn't realise what i thought was a simple question would end up being a political faux pas :oops:
  • Options
    buy it
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    rbrum7 wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken, they are referring to this per the posting guidelines.

"9. Please respect the band's Taping & Camera policy (https://www.pearljam.com/tenclub).
    Trading audience-recorded AUDIO PJ shows even-up, ok. No video. Bootlegs: Selling, linking to, or making offers are not ok. 2 for 1 trades is making profit, not ok. "

Although you're not trying to sell anything like this, I believe these guys are trying to point out that anything along the lines of unofficial and unlicensed concert footage is off limits.

This is just my guess though since they didn't give much detail.

I don't necessarily think that's the reason. The band sorta acts like it doesn't exist. Been awhile since I watched it. Don't remember if it paints the band in a negative light or they just didn't like how it turned out or what.

To my knowledge. It's official and was gonna be released but never was.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    really thought a lot of the footage would end up in PJ20 but apart from Last Exit and a couple of shots of the band sightseeing, there wasnt any of it in there.
    they really should own it and release it. it's a shame it was leaked and theyre losing out on it. piracy is a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    Can't believe this is the first Im hearing about this...

Is it really that badc to talk about the movie here??

weird...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721

weird...

Yes, because its made by the band and then shelved as something they didnt want to release, it seems they were non too pleased to see it leak and then get shared.

A few postings in the past have asked that members here respect the bands wishes on this movie.

Its a shame as I heard its amazing.

Maybe they will one day release it in its entirety
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

weird...

Yes, because its made by the band and then shelved as something they didnt want to release, it seems they were non too pleased to see it leak and then get shared.

A few postings in the past have asked that members here respect the bands wishes on this movie.

Its a shame as I heard its amazing.

Maybe they will one day release it in its entirety

Cool- thanks for the heads up Paul. Will respect the bands wishes.
  • Options
    Yeah, definitely gotta admit i didn't know anything about this whole deal, a good education, thanks to everyone that has responded. I'd like to respect the bands wishes too.
  • Options
    it IS amazing....one of my prized posessions...truly....
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    I'm glad gremmie is back.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    I'm glad gremmie is back.

I would love to see this movie but gremmie's not working for me. :(