Options

GID PJ20 Vinyl

cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
edited February 2012 in Lost Dogs
Who in their right mind would pay over $1,700 for a set of glow in the dark records that probably won't even sound good? The best part is that there's still 3 days left on the auction! :shock:

Who's the baller with the wad of cash? They must not be married! :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,572
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Who in their right mind would pay over $1,700 for a set of glow in the dark records that probably won't even sound good? The best part is that there's still 3 days left on the auction! :shock:

Who's the baller with the wad of cash? They must not be married! :lol:

Wait until it hits $5,000.

;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Id buy it if i had the cash :shock:
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

I thought about it for a half second and then thought, I love my wife more :lol: however, I might be able to secretly grab 2k...ok, this needs to stop. Go away GID vinyl! :lol:
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I thought about it for a half second and then thought, I love my wife more :lol: however, I might be able to secretly grab 2k...ok, this needs to stop. Go away GID vinyl! :lol:

the crazy part is that whoever ends up winning wont even open them :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    pdalowsky wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I know! I wouldn't either considering that a couple of opened ones seem to sound poorly.
    Post edited by cowboypjfan on
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Hmmm... Wife? or GID vinyl? :think: :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I love my wife and I have posters to frame. Good luck on winning this one su may 8-)
  • Options
    I am watching this auction just out of curiosity, it is far beyond my price range :D
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    anyone have a link? i didn't see one for $1,700 on the bay. I saw 2 of 3 and 3 of 3 test pressing for like $3.25 with 6 days left
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Josh Homme"
  • Options
    anyone have a link? i didn't see one for $1,700 on the bay. I saw 2 of 3 and 3 of 3 test pressing for like $3.25 with 6 days left

Keep looking, you'll find it ;)

Can't post links here...
  • Options
    ahh thats right. good call. I remember reading about these on The Porch but I dont know if it was a thought someone had or if these were coming out like a 2nd pressing or not.
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Josh Homme"
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

I love my wife and I have posters to frame. Good luck on winning this one su may 8-)
    There are about 10 other things on my list of "What I would buy if I had $5,000" :D
    #1: http://www.barneys.com/Very-Riche/50127 ... id=BARNEYS

Ok, I know, enough with the shoes :D
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    There are about 10 other things on my list of "What I would buy if I had $5,000" :D

Are you saying it's ok to buy as long the wife gets a cool pair of shoes? :lol:
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    Im the same as Paul, if I had the money I would buy it -and i dont even have a vinyl player....
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Are you saying it's ok to buy as long the wife gets a cool pair of shoes? :lol:
    Now there's an idea...I'm sure it will ease her pain a tad :D
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

$8,600 for a record and a pair of shoes or a trip to Australia for the next PJ tour down under? Pick one.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

$8,600 for a record and a pair of shoes or a trip to Australia for the next PJ tour down under? Pick one.
    Australia for PJ Tour!! Experiences over things. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

search Kornyfone Pearl Jam
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Burrow against your 401K that will be worth it!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    mbowersmbowers Posts: 109
    pdalowsky wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I'm seriously looking at it, and believe me, I would open it. Everything I have is open. If it came sealed, I opened it myself. I did keep the shrinkwrap after I pulled it off of Give Way though :)
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    so whats the deal here... there's a GID version? and it's official?
  • Options

Yeah, supposedly there are only 100 that were given to the band and associates. It's strange because the opened one I have seen is described as sounding bad. Why hire a company to press a limited amount of vinyl for the important people and have it sound subpar. I don't get it.

Here's more info: http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=2083
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

Yeah, supposedly there are only 100 that were given to the band and associates. It's strange because the opened one I have seen is described as sounding bad. Why hire a company to press a limited amount of vinyl for the important people and have it sound subpar. I don't get it.

Side 4
    It Ain't Like That = Barney In Chains
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Gold, silver, and PJ Vinyl.... what an investment
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,572
    A couple people that have replied in this thread wanted me to let y'all know they're currently working the phones trying to open new credit card accounts with a teaser rate to pay off the balance they'll charge to their current credit cards with higher interest rates in order to pay for this LP.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    A couple people that have replied in this thread wanted me to let y'all know they're currently working the phones trying to open new credit card accounts with a teaser rate to pay off the balance they'll charge to their current credit cards with higher interest rates in order to pay for this LP.

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    crazypjfan wrote:

thanks!
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    I was tempted to bid on this just so I could say I owned it for a little while. We all know it will go higher than what it is now.
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Suziemay wrote:

Now THOSE are nice shoes. :lol:

sorry to derail this thread more.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i might buy it then charge 5 bucks a head to hold it at future pj shows.....

and you know...you would pay. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg