Options

Kokua Festival Webcast

Comments

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Posted this link over on the Porch - the Kokua - Thanks Ed! thread...

Thanks!!! This was pretty darned tasty! Nice message... Very Dylanesque...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,070
    wow. that's all i can say.

do you have any more video?! thank you by the way for being the soul to share that..you will be rewarded hopefully!!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    pbhack wrote:
    Here is a video of Ed's new song he performed last night at the Kokua Festival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vW0e99GFYk
    :(...even though I agree with the general feeling..I've gone off 'in-your-face' political songs 15+ years ago... you can do far better and subtler than that Eddie!
  • Options
    ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    October22 wrote:
    Please, someone has to clear this shit up.

some of you are saying the festival starts at 4 HI time,

but the fucking kokua myspace page says 4 PST.

which is it?!!!

Is that when Ed's set starts, or when the whole damn thing starts? Because it's 4 PST where I live and the video player came on and music's playing.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    :(...even though I agree with the general feeling..I've gone off 'in-your-face' political songs 15+ years ago... you can do far better and subtler than that Eddie!

Slap a harmonica on him and he's Ed Dylan! Or Phil Ochs -- I think I saw his name floating around here...Donovan, anyone?
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Has anyone ripped the audio off of this yet? That would make a great boot
  • Options
    This must be last night...I don't think it's dark over in HI yet...at 4:10pm
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    This must be last night...I don't think it's dark over in HI yet...at 4:10pm

Well, that does seem kinda obvious.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,070
    Pegasus wrote:

are you serious?! that was so powerful. so intense. its a skill like that that separates great artists like Ed from the good ones. He has the ability to truly capture thoughts and messages in a song and powerfully transcend them to his audience.

its not like he's up there just making a song sound good, by rhyming with lyrics that mean nothing
  • Options
    whats playing on the site now?
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    ii44 wrote:
    Is that when Ed's set starts, or when the whole damn thing starts? Because it's 4 PST where I live and the video player came on and music's playing.

*Sigh*

I love this board and almost everyone on it...but I'm getting tired of repreating myself....My first post clearly says HAWAII time. There are more than one Pacific time zones. Please see the time zone converter that I posted in the same message.

The whole show starts at 4pm HAWAII time. which is 7pm US West Coast Pacific time, 8pm mountain time, 9pm Central, and 10pm eastern.
    I know with PST on the official site it is confusing...but last night thats when the whole thing started. (not that there was a webcast...but thats what people who were THERE confirmed)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options

HELLO?????????????????????
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options

OMG I didn't know anything was on yet.
    Wonder if its clips from last night.

Thanks for the heads up
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Posts: 211
    yep, it's from last night.
    Honolulu 92 - Maui 98 x2 - Denver 03 - Gorge 05 - Denver 06 x2 - Gorge 06 x2 - Honolulu 06 x2 - EV Honolulu 09 x2 - Alpine Valley 11 x2 - Oklahoma City 13...
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Pegasus wrote:

This is not the time for being subtle... American kids are dying almost daily for no fucking reason... no more fucking war
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    LadyM wrote:
    yep, it's from last night.

I figured it was since Jack is wearing the green T-shirt I saw in the pics on the porch
  • Options
    Rumor has it that Stone & Liz's baby is named Vivian...

You know, I really hope that PJ and Jack Johnson play the Bridge this year...That would be most cool! DMB is touring elsewhere around that time, so he prolly won't be on the bill...But Jack Johnson! That would be killer!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    pbhackpbhack Posts: 12
    It's 1:30pm in Hawaii right now. I will be heading out to the show in about an hour. The first artists "The Girlas" came on right at 4pm Hawaii time yesterday and I expect the same today. Ed came on about 7pm so for you West Coasters that's 10pm and East Coasters 1am.
  • Options
    You rock pbhack! Have a blast!!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    *Sigh*

I love this board and almost everyone on it...but I'm getting tired of repreating myself....My first post clearly says HAWAII time. There are more than one Pacific time zones. Please see the time zone converter that I posted in the same message.

The whole show starts at 4pm HAWAII time. which is 7pm US West Coast Pacific time, 8pm mountain time, 9pm Central, and 10pm eastern.
    I know with PST on the official site it is confusing...but last night thats when the whole thing started. (not that there was a webcast...but thats what people who were THERE confirmed)

I already admitted my stupidity, what more do you want from me?
  • Options
    I checked a timezone converter and i got that if it starts in Hawaii at 4pm then it'd be 10pm EST.

Who's right?? lol

Depends WHERE on the east coast both of you are.

Eastern time is 10pm. If you are in like Chicago or Milwaukee where they observe central time then 9pm is correct.
  • Options
    ii44 wrote:
    I already admitted my stupidity, what more do you want from me?

I musta missed that sorry. I didn't mean to take my frustration out on you, I'm sorry.

Between some posts here, and some on the porch asking the same question over and over...I got frustrated.
    Anyways I apologize :)
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    If you are in like Chicago or Milwaukee where they observe central time then 9pm is correct.

you are correct :)
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    pbhack wrote:

Very nice - thanks so much for posting - the sound was great quality. The voices are getting louder and louder everywhere and merging.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    you are correct :)

You gonna be there next weekend
  • Options
    I musta missed that sorry. I didn't mean to take my frustration out on you, I'm sorry.

Between some posts here, and some on the porch asking the same question over and over...I got frustrated.
    Anyways I apologize :)

We're good. :)
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Posts: 211
    pbhack wrote:

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing with the family.
    Honolulu 92 - Maui 98 x2 - Denver 03 - Gorge 05 - Denver 06 x2 - Gorge 06 x2 - Honolulu 06 x2 - EV Honolulu 09 x2 - Alpine Valley 11 x2 - Oklahoma City 13...
  • Options
    ok I just had a thought.

What if all you west coast jammers were right and the webcast DID start at 4pm. I mean we are seeing last nights stuff right now.
    Nowhere does it say that this webcast we going to be TONIGHTS SHOW LIVE.

Here is what the site says:

As the first MySpace LIVE event of 2007, the MySpace LIVE at The Kokua Festival will broadcast the concert for viewers as well as feature behind-the-scenes MySpace Video footage and interviews with Jack and Friends.

I dunno if we're only gonna get last nights stuff or if this is warming us up for later. :)
    I hope its the latter. In the meantime I'm enjoying whats on right now :)
  • Options
    I missed that PJ song that JJ just did and "fucked up" the first line with Ed right there drinking a beer and having a smoke....wasn't really paying attention...OK, I was feeding my starving dogs...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    EDDIE passing books out lol
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11