Official Tampa Setlist

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    btw I dunno WTF meat hands is....I copied that from BRY.

LOL!! I wondered if it was someone else's phrase.

(I think it means Boom is playing, but it seems kinda cruel.)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    heheheh.
    It's actually the greatest drug on earth...PJ! :D;)

True, very true
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • justam wrote:
    LOL!! I wondered if it was someone else's phrase. :D

(I think it means Boom is playing, but it seems kinda cruel.)

Oh shit I didn't even think of that! I regret posting that now. I love Boom.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    lol meat hands/hooks...

btw boom reminds me of captain hook...

so now I shall call him Captain Meat Hooks.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Hahaha, I love you :)
    We gotta rock together next tour :)

PJ totally IS a drug.

Aw I love you too Syd! *HUGS* And hell yes we most definitely do! Leaves from the same branch completely. :) And seriously...they are a total drug...and we are total rabid fiends! :eek: *foams at mouth*

OH DTE UP NEXT! Yeeeeah! Go Stoney Go! :D
    Bout time they get their asses beat!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    demetrios wrote:
    dinner? pj's playing live right this very moment. no need for food. get back online silly!

j/k.

it's not as if i'd be leaving my seat at MSG to grab a pretzel ;)

great set thus far,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Encore Break
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • grooveamaticgrooveamatic Posts: 1,374
    Boom rules, screw the Boom haters!
    REALLY?! DTE ends the main set? I won't lie, that disapoints me.
  • SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    could they not feed these shows to us live like back in the day?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Speaking of drunken rants ... I'm going on one now ... and it's relevant because the song was played earlier tonight.

I love Small Town. I know it gets a little bit of grief on this board sometimes. If there's a thread about songs people don't want to hear, or songs that are overplayed (although, frankly I haven't heard it at the last seven shows I've been to, but whatever). But I love it.

No. 1 -- It's a great song.
    No. 2 -- It's a song that, to me, just says Pearl Jam.

It's like this. You go two or three years between tours, without seeing the band. Then you go to a show, and it's kind of like a family reunion. Ed gets to the scream hello part, and the whole crowd is singing along with their hands in the air, and that is always the moment where I get the warm feeling: "Holy shit, I'm at a Pearl Jam show." I love that moment, and I always get goosebumps, and it never gets old.

I hope they play this song at every show I'm at. It isn't necessarily my favorite song, but it's like an old pair of slippers: It is always comfortable, and it always fits, no matter how long it has been between tours.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    Boom rules, screw the Boom haters!

Yeah.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Is the SPIN reporter posting anything? Nothing shows up when I look at the site.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
    REALLY?! DTE ends the main set? I won't lie, that disapoints me.

Why? They do that often.
  • Is the SPIN reporter posting anything? Nothing shows up when I look at the site.

Nope I got a pic from Small Town and thats it. I think someone said he was reporting reception probs...said he might not be able to send much.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    "blitzkrieg pop"?!

:D
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I am really liking this setlist! wow - can't wait for Camden - 1 week!

FYI....it's Blitzkreig Bop, not pop :D
    Nope I got a pic from Small Town and thats it. I think someone said he was reporting reception probs...said he might not be able to send much.

there's an actual clip of Small Town as well ... short one. It ends right before everyone is screaming hello, though, so it's all one big tease :)
  • swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Speaking of drunken rants ... I'm going on one now ... and it's relevant because the song was played earlier tonight.

I love Small Town. I know it gets a little bit of grief on this board sometimes. If there's a thread about songs people don't want to hear, or songs that are overplayed (although, frankly I haven't heard it at the last seven shows I've been to, but whatever). But I love it.

It's like this. You go two or three years between tours, without seeing the band. Then you go to a show, and it's kind of like a family reunion. Ed gets to the scream hello part, and the whole crowd is singing along with their hands in the air, and that is always the moment where I get the warm feeling: "Holy shit, I'm at a Pearl Jam show." I love that moment, and I always get goosebumps, and it never gets old.

I hope they play this song at every show I'm at. It isn't necessarily my favorite song, but it's like an old pair of slippers: It is always comfortable, and it always fits, no matter how long it has been between tours.

I couldn't agree more. Small Town just epitomizes what the band is
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
    Why? They do that often.

I know. That's the point. I was feeling something a bit more unique this show.
  • 100 Pacer wrote:
    "blitzkrieg pop"?!

ya ya I was typing in a hurry....wasn't paying attention. I'll fix it.
    Thanks
    100 Pacer wrote:
    "blitzkrieg pop"?!

haha I see I am not the only one who caught that ;)
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430

It has never sounded right live. I haven't heard a live version that's close to being as good as the studio cut. On the other hand, it gets the crowd going and most people seem to like it; so play it. What the fuck why not?
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Nothingman
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • there's an actual clip of Small Town as well ... short one. It ends right before everyone is screaming hello, though, so it's all one big tease :)

Ohh ok the clip never worked for me...oh well.
    I know. That's the point. I was feeling something a bit more unique this show.

come on now ... none of that .... not every single song in every single slot can be "unique"
  • Nothingman!!!
    Nothingman

oh how i love that song..........
    Ohh ok the clip never worked for me...oh well.

There are actually two Small Towns up. One didn't work, or is just a pic, and one did.

Did you see them both?
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    In the video he says he has to go to the window to send stuff.

If I was him I wouldn't want to leave my seat.