Foreclosure or shortsale? update-My shady lawyer

124»

Comments

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    chadwick said:

good for you, jp
    i hope you get your $$$

thanks chadwick...me too. You know what else? The realtor that the lawyers hired gets screwed on this I think. I think he get absolutely nothing, and he did all of the work during the process that failed...he was actually sounding relieved when I told him it was over. I told myself that if I got the full refund, I might give the realtor 20% for all his trouble through the two years. I thought he'd appreciate that.

Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

chadwick said:

good for you, jp
    i hope you get your $$$

thanks chadwick...me too. You know what else? The realtor that the lawyers hired gets screwed on this I think. I think he get absolutely nothing, and he did all of the work during the process that failed...he was actually sounding relieved when I told him it was over. I told myself that if I got the full refund, I might give the realtor 20% for all his trouble through the two years. I thought he'd appreciate that.

nice idea, sir. those lawyers... wow! what a group of lazy money grubbing jerkoffs. hopefully this lawyer will get his in the end.
    it throughly amazes me more ppl aren't wearing wires holding the jaw together. i mean seriously.

i would not ever assault someone like that over $$$ but i know folks that would & have & will most probably do it again
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Good for you JP!

Sometimes you gotta get 'the big man' involved before they will do anything. Hopefully you will get the full amount!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,906

polaris_x said:

probably should have not disclosed that you would settle for a partial refund ... :-\"

I said $750 (out of 1K). I said to them I was just trying to be fair, because they did spent time on the case, although I believe I am entitled to the whole refund.

get the money and report them anyway. This kind of shit will get worse unchecked.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    quick update -- Polaris might have been correct. I shouldnt have said I would accept a reduced amount. They offered me $200 today. He said he was essentially giving back the cut HE made personally since I was referred by a friend. And the other 800 they are keeping because they did work and ordered lien tax and title searches. I emailed them back and said none of that concerns me and I know I am entitle to the full 1K and that this is not a negotiation!

Ive spoken to several people that reviewed this stuff and said this lawyer is walking on thin ice. If they refuse this time, I will have my new lawyer contact them. I know I should probably give up at this point, but now its getting fun...feels kinda like a david and goliath battle.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Good luck to you, JonnyPistachio.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Good luck to you, JonnyPistachio.

Thanks Ms. Haiku :)

The lawyer just wrote me back and said that in her opinion, I should not be so dismissive of the work they did, and that I should be grateful. Now she's telling me how I should feel. Hilarious!