Options

Question to the forum about prices...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    crazypjfan wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

Crazypjfan... why do you need to ruin this thread? A lot of meaningful thought was being shared here and now you come with your crazy antics. Your one of the biggest flippers on this board, yet you want to act all holier than thou...... cut it out man... it's lame..

Yeah ok :roll: You don't agree with my post about running a side business, huh? It's in the rules bud.

You made your point on another thread... Do you really need to go around and state that same point on every post VIC makes? And for the record I don't know who VIC is- so I'm not trying to stick up for a friend. I just feel your ruining a meaningful thread.... Why don't you share something on the subject... if not interested, then move along like the rest of us....
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    tonifig8 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    tonifig8 wrote:

Crazypjfan... why do you need to ruin this thread? A lot of meaningful thought was being shared here and now you come with your crazy antics. Your one of the biggest flippers on this board, yet you want to act all holier than thou...... cut it out man... it's lame..

Yeah ok :roll: You don't agree with my post about running a side business, huh? It's in the rules bud.

You made your point on another thread... Do you really need to go around and state that same point on every post VIC makes? And for the record I don't know who VIC is- so I'm not trying to stick up for a friend. I just feel your ruining a meaningful thread.... Why don't you share something on the subject... if not interested, then move along like the rest of us....

I commented on something that pertains to this thread with an example. I'm sorry if that offended any of you. wow
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    hmmmm didnt you try and shift a load of non pJ records here ...somewhat contrary to the rules?

but lets move back on course, this was an interesting read until this derailment

I just commented on the prices and the fact that sumay is disheartened because of it, that's all. My example isn't a good one? :roll:

I think you missed the sentence right after, and everything else that followed, which was really my point. However, I am of the opinion that people are free to post whatever prices they want on Lost Dogs. No one has to buy them if they don't want to and if it's against forum rules, report them and the mods will lock the thread. I think far too many people get bent out of shape when they see those high prices and their posts to those threads sometimes get out of hand and contribute to the unpleasantness here for me. If no one responds, those threads will just die and the ones where people are doing right by the fans will be the most visible ones.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    crazypjfan wrote:

I just commented on the prices and the fact that sumay is disheartened because of it, that's all. My example isn't a good one? :roll:

What is disheartening is the lack of substance to any of your replies on a subject. when presented with reason, you tend to do the ' :roll: ' thing, and make a flippant comment like 'Im done here'....
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

What is disheartening is the lack of substance to any of your replies on a subject. when presented with reason, you tend to do the ' :roll: ' thing, and make a flippant comment like 'Im done here'....

Dude, the guy has a blatant disregard for the rules and you were the first to support that. pm me if you want to talk about it..
  • Options
    Sorry to the op for my little rant/derailment. I thought it fit into the context.

Carry on...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    this forum is just to create market prices to ebay....
    the half of the sales that post here arent even real...
    but create the market prices of the merch at ebay..
    good morning to all...

That seems reversed.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    hmmmm didnt you try and shift a load of non pJ records here ...somewhat contrary to the rules?

Is that against the rules?
  • Options
    This forum should have the best deals on hard to find PJ items, but I don't think you can fault people for selling the items at market value, either. There are many postings on this board that heighten the lameness more than people selling stuff for what it costs on ebay...highjacking FS threads b/c you don't like the price, posting threads with no prices, making offers by pm to said threads....People that do those things should lose their access to the LD forum, imo.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    DewieCox wrote:
    This forum should have the best deals on hard to find PJ items, but I don't think you can fault people for selling the items at market value, either. There are many postings on this board that heighten the lameness more than people selling stuff for what it costs on ebay...highjacking FS threads b/c you don't like the price, posting threads with no prices, making offers by pm to said threads....People that do those things should lose their access to the LD forum, imo.

There's a thread selling a PJ20 billboard print today and its been hijacked already
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    boyo79 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

There's a thread selling a PJ20 billboard print today and its been hijacked already

saw that. :lol:

it's not worth the trouble to sell collectable stuff here....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    81 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

saw that. :lol:

it's not worth the trouble to sell collectable stuff here....

Definitely. If I had a collectable for sale, I'd offer to some PJ friends and if they said no I'd put it on ebay. Too much hassle here
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I think some of the responsibility can lie within the band and 10C themselves. Why not produce more goods so that more and more people have the opportunity to buy items they want? I know there is production cost and labor and all that, but if I were running a business I wouldn't want a third party or a consumer making more profit from my products than I am. I mean, it's gonna happen now and again, but with PJ and 10C it's happening with almost every item in the Goods section these days. Which is why pretty much anything media related that I want, I buy immediately - without question or thought - to ensure my copy.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    81 wrote:
    white backspacer is fetching 500? sold :lol:

Put me on the list as well :wtf:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pjradio wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol:

hell..i'll take 200 for it.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    pjradio wrote:
    81 wrote:

Fine, substitute "White BS" for "PJ20 Billboard", I was just throwing out limited items that came to mind to make a point :evil: :evil:

I think we scared OP away. Caught-A-Bolt-Of-Lightning... hellooo? I really do want to hear what you think now that you've had some responses to your question?
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,989
    It seems to me that some of you should listen to "Corduroy" again.

Also, pricing vinyl and other PJ goods so high that only a certain class of people can afford them seems to be contrary to the work PJ does to keep prices for tickets, goods and music low enough for everyone to afford. Wasn't that the issue behind Ticketmaster raping people for concert tickets? Or the bootleg program, which gives every PJ fan access to high quality, affordable bootlegs?

I would love to own more PJ albums on vinyl, but spending hundreds of dollars on a record is not an option for myself, and I assume many other fans. Also, I have no interest in helping anyone get rich by hoarding albums while they're available just to flip them later for ridiculous amounts of money.

I like the idea of being a PJ fan for their music, not exclusivity, elitism or capital gain.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman wrote:
    It seems to me that some of you should listen to "Corduroy" again.

Also, pricing vinyl and other PJ goods so high that only a certain class of people can afford them seems to be contrary to the work PJ does to keep prices for tickets, goods and music low enough for everyone to afford. Wasn't that the issue behind Ticketmaster raping people for concert tickets? Or the bootleg program, which gives every PJ fan access to high quality, affordable bootlegs?

I would love to own more PJ albums on vinyl, but spending hundreds of dollars on a record is not an option for myself, and I assume many other fans. Also, I have no interest in helping anyone get rich by hoarding albums while they're available just to flip them later for ridiculous amounts of money.

I like the idea of being a PJ fan for their music, not exclusivity, elitism or capital gain.

pretty sure my radiohead tickets are cheaper than any PJ tickets i've bought lately
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    edited February 2012
    boyo79 wrote:
    more and more people are buying items for trade-bait

This is the problem I have with what has been going on here lately. It's not for me to say how people should conduct themselves, but it seems to me that this community has always been overwhelmingly about friendship and generosity over the years. This recent "trade-bait"/"PJ-Bay" thing completely defeats that though. Buying items you don't even want simply to jack up the price down the road, thus depriving someone who may actually want the item doesn't seem right to me within the confines of this particular community. Do you think Deadheads used to hoard memorabilia to rip off other Deadheads for profit?
    I happened to be online when the backpack first posted. I knew immediately that this thing would be a hot commodity. I would have liked to have had one but wasn't sure how much I'd use it, so I let it go so someone else could enjoy it. Never once did it cross my mind "hey...I could buy this now and make a shitload of money off of it down the road." Unfortunately, it seems too many members had that exact thought.
    I have items in my collection that are listed on various sites as being worth several hundreds of dollars. To me that makes no difference. To me, these items are priceless, and regardless of how much I might be able to get for them, they will never go anywhere until I'm not around anymore and then they will likely be given to other members of this community. I'm not sayng others aren't free to have a different perspective, but to me, this band has never been about maximizing profit and I hate that many members of he 10c now seem to be about not much more than that. There is a difference between legitimatly wanting an item...buying it...and then later down the road deciding to part with it for a fair market value (whatever that might be), and buying something strictly to price gouge someone you are supposed to share a community with, just because you know you can. We're supposed to be here enjoying a band, their music, and each other...not behaving like wall street execs trading commodoties.
    Post edited by Heisenberg on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,344
    Heisenberg wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

This is the problem I have with what has been going on here lately. It's not for me to say how people should conduct themselves, but it seems to me that this community has always been overwhelmingly about friendship and generosity over the years. This recent "trade-bait"/"PJ-Bay" thing completely defeats that though. Buying items you don't even want simply to jack up the price down the road, thus depriving someone who may actually want the item doesn't seem right to me within the confines of this particular community. Do you think Deadheads used to hoard memorabilia to rip off other Deadheads for profit?
    I happened to be online when the backpack first posted. I knew immediately that this thing would be a hot commodity. I would have liked to have had one but wasn't sure how much I'd use it, so I let it go so someone else could enjoy it. Never once did it cross my mind "hey...I could buy this now and make a shitload of money off of it down the road." Unfortunately, it seems too many members had that exact thought.
    I have items in my collection that are listed on various sites as being worth several hundreds of dollars. To me that makes no difference. To me, these items are priceless, and regardless of how much I might be able to get for them, they will never go anywhere until I'm not around anymore and then they will likely be given to other members of this community. I'm not sayng others aren't free to have a different perspective, but to me, this band has never been about maximizing profit and I hate that many members of he 10c now seem to be about not much more than that. There is a difference between legitimatly wanting an item...buying it...and then later down the road deciding to part with it for a fair market value (whatever that might be), and buying something stricttly to price gouge someone you are supposed to share a community with, just because you know you can. We're supposed to be here enjoying a band, their music, and each other...not behaving like wall street execs trading commodoties.

Beautiful...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Heisenberg wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

I have items in my collection that are listed on various sites as being worth several hundreds of dollars. To me that makes no difference. To me, these items are priceless, and regardless of how much I might be able to get for them, they will never go anywhere until I'm not around anymore and then they will likely be given to other members of this community. I'm not sayng others aren't free to have a different perspective, but to me, this band has never been about maximizing profit and I hate that many members of he 10c now seem to be about not much more than that. There is a difference between legitimatly wanting an item...buying it...and then later down the road deciding to part with it for a fair market value (whatever that might be), and buying something stricttly to price gouge someone you are supposed to share a community with, just because you know you can. We're supposed to be here enjoying a band, their music, and each other...not behaving like wall street execs trading commodoties.

Beautiful...

you tell 'em dimi...http://youtu.be/-pgU3orzJDw ;)
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Heisenberg wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

... There is a difference between legitimatly wanting an item...buying it...and then later down the road deciding to part with it for a fair market value (whatever that might be), and buying something strictly to price gouge someone you are supposed to share a community with, just because you know you can. We're supposed to be here enjoying a band, their music, and each other...not behaving like wall street execs trading commodoties.

This