Options

toilet seat ettiquette

Comments

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Suziemay wrote:
    The seat being up/down doesn't bother me. It's when there are pee stains on the rim/floor because someone "missed", that drives me batty :D

Be thankful you dont need to walk into the men's room in a crowded bar, especially one with a younger crowd. Depending on the place it can range from just 'piss everywhere' to 'a sea of pee' on the floor.

I know exactly what you're talking about. Some public men's restrooms have seriously blown me away with how disgusting they have been.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    i have incredible aim. i can get away with leaving it down.

This. It's all about mastering the art of peeing.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    JK_Livin wrote:
    You put the seat down because that's what she wants. :mrgreen:

:thumbup:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    dcfaithful wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    i have incredible aim. i can get away with leaving it down.

This. It's all about mastering the art of peeing.

ummm...DIS-GUS-TING

I knew a guy that would NOT put the seat up, and would pee, seat down and all (he thought touching the toilet was gross)...ALL guys 'dribble' NO MATTER THE AIM...and how would you like to have to do a #2 and sit in pee? :sick:

Common courtesy: put the seat AND lid down. Men: lift the seat and lid-put both down when done Women: lift the lid-put the lid down when done. BOTH are doing the same amount of 'work'.

Putting the lid down also prevents items from falling into the toilet: cell phone, hairbrush, toothbrush... ;) (you'd be amazed at the amount of cell phones that get dropped in the toilet)

As to cutting down on the amount of fecal bacteria being sprayed into the air, yes, putting the lid down does cut down on the spread, but since a toilet flushes at such a high rate of speed, particulate matter will still be sprayed out thru the gaps between the lid and seat.

Best solution: have the toilet in a separate 'closet' in the bathroom. (ewww...the people who have a phone in the bathroom next to the toilet :? )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    here I sit broken hearted.......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    RKCNDY wrote:
    As to cutting down on the amount of fecal bacteria being sprayed into the air, yes, putting the lid down does cut down on the spread, but since a toilet flushes at such a high rate of speed, particulate matter will still be sprayed out thru the gaps between the lid and seat.

Best solution: have the toilet in a separate 'closet' in the bathroom. (ewww...the people who have a phone in the bathroom next to the toilet :? )

DAMN YOU! :):):)

Now I am going to have to stop at the hardware store on the way home tonight and buy some lumber. Frame a separate closet inside my bathroom. I will tell my wife it is because someone on the 10c board told me it was the best solution to stop everything from being covered in shit. :lol:

This is my bathroom on Sunday. Did I mention I rent?
    2684619089_3a60f24604_o.jpg
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    StillHere wrote:
    oh yes..put it down

i've fallen into that abyss on more than one occasion..and living with a house full of male children, its sometimes not all that pristine when you take the dip

see, we girls sometimes get too busy and wait until the last possible second..and then we rush into the bathroom, struggling not to wet ourselves before we get there...no time for looking at the toilet seat.. its just back up and sit...fast!

cuz girls, you know this .. you can hold it forever but once you actually see the toilet..its all over :D

:lol::clap: Brilliant
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

DAMN YOU! :):):)

Now I am going to have to stop at the hardware store on the way home tonight and buy some lumber. Frame a separate closet inside my bathroom. I will tell my wife it is because someone on the 10c board told me it was the best solution to stop everything from being covered in shit. :lol:

This is my bathroom on Sunday. Did I mention I rent?

:lol::lol::lol:
    I suppose you could rig up a circular rail, and put in a shower curtain around the toilet....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:
    see, we girls sometimes get too busy and wait until the last possible second..and then we rush into the bathroom, struggling not to wet ourselves before we get there...no time for looking at the toilet seat.. its just back up and sit...fast!

It is not our fault you put yourself in a situation where you have no time to be cautious. ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    I suppose you could rig up a circular rail, and put in a shower curtain around the toilet....[/quote]

Makes me think of Daniel LaRussa
    halloween-costume.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

i take my phone to the bathroom.... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I meant this:

the-phone-in-the-bathroom.jpg

sorry BD...hope you don't mind me posting pics of your bathroom... :?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I never understood the I fell into the toilet excuse. Really? You don't check first? If we go to pee, should we just randomly shoot around the bathroom as we pass through the door and hope to hit the target? (errr. wait.. Nevermind).

I never got that. (just out of curiousity, do you check if a door is closed or open as you approach? Or do you just assume its open because you know where it is?)

I am the youngest of 5 sons (so 6 men, just my mom), we all learned to put the seat down because it's courtesy. So, we do it. But, I don't remember my mom saying - because I don't check the seat is down before I sit.

I also have 4 boys of my own (so 5 men, just my wife), and they learn - seat down. Though I will walk into their bathroom from time to time and see seat up (which I will use to my advantage for ease from time to time). But, downstairs, they put it down (and they never enter the master bathroom unless there's no choice) though my wife almost only uses the master bath.

Plus, now our toilets have seats that go down slowly. So, even if we need to duke it out, who wants to wait for the damn thing to take its time getting down?

Courtesy!!!! That's the reason. That's the only reason. It's not too difficult to think of other people. Especially those you are supposed to love... The rest is just gravy. Why do things have to have such difficult answers?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I never understood the I fell into the toilet excuse. Really? You don't check first?

you've never been drunk have you. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    I never understood the I fell into the toilet excuse. Really? You don't check first?

You pee sitting down when you are, do you? I guess I did leave the game too soon. :?
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I meant this:

the-phone-in-the-bathroom.jpg

sorry BD...hope you don't mind me posting pics of your bathroom... :?
    Pffft...

2nd and 3rd picrures are my bathrrom
    http://www.ulrichinc.com/home-remodelin ... allery.htm
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    81 wrote:

You pee sitting down when you are, do you? I guess I did leave the game too soon. :?

you've never had to poop when drunk.... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Pffft...

1% alert :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Pffft...

Such beautiful tile to get fecal matter sprayed onto with every flush! :lol::o:o :(
  • Options
    Pffft...

Such beautiful tile to get fecal matter sprayed onto with every flush! :lol::o:o :(
    It comes with a Fecal Matter Removal service... :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

you've never had to poop when drunk.... :lol:

I don't remember..... :o
  • Options
    Pffft...

It comes with a Fecal Matter Removal service... :mrgreen:

Damn, that is way easier than building a closet around the commode!
  • Options
    Pffft...

will you fly me out so I can take a bath in your tub before you move? :shifty:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Pffft...

Sure :mrgreen:
    Oh and we are under contract... 16 days on market...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I just go out back with the dogs...that seat is always up.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    StillHere wrote:

cuz girls, you know this .. you can hold it forever but once you actually see the toilet..its all over :D

so going by this, it's ok for guys to not put it up when they really have to go...awesome!

enjoy the wet seats ladies! :P :lol::lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Pffft...

Sure :mrgreen:
    Oh and we are under contract... 16 days on market...

damn that's fast! wish our realtor could do that. :x

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Always put the seat down.
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I always put the lid down before I flush,check then put it down again.I hate seeing an open toilet
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    stargirl69 wrote:
    I always put the lid down before I flush,check then put it down again.I hate seeing an open toilet

CHeck for what?