Options

Who is the first Ten Club member ever?are you out there?

JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
edited February 2012 in The Porch
:D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    if you are, please take me to a show!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    LOL
  • Options
    foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 527
    Reckon he/she sits on stage with the band, right beside Boom... :D
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • Options
    My guess would be a close friend or family member possibly, just to get it going early on. Just a guess. If you are on the boards though, SHOW YOURSELF! :lol:
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    My guess would be Neil Young or Pete Townshend. :mrgreen:

The "if you are on the boards, please show yourself" thing is still valid though!
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Stone
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    EvieVedderEvieVedder NW Indiana Posts: 461
    Hello...Thank you for renewing your tenclub membership. Your membership number is 000,001. Sweet.
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    EvieVedder wrote:
    Hello...Thank you for renewing your tenclub membership. Your membership number is 000,001. Sweet.
    But you still have to print your own membership card if you want one, and hand write the number on it... :lol:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    sure hope that person didn't let it lapse. :o
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Jeff's Mom
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    The earliest 10c members, if they are still members would have had to be a MLB fan club member. All the first 10c members were rollovers from MLB. They would have had to voluntarily join 10c the following year (1990? 1991?) At least that's what that postcard said in the Ten redux that Jeff wrote after Andy died.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    I may be the newest. Let my 217XXX lapse a few years ago, now I'm at 487XXX. This soldier has to work his way back up the ranks! :lol:
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    I may be the newest. Let my 217XXX lapse a few years ago, now I'm at 487XXX. This soldier has to work his way back up the ranks! :lol:
    :shock:

Does this happen if you miss the renewal, for example, by 1 day? Or do you have to miss for an entire year to lose your number?

Not that it really matters for me since my number begins with a 4 (I kick myself EVERYDAY.....I have loved this band since Ten but never thought to sign up for the Ten Club until 2009 :cry: )

[/end thread millering on my part]
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I remember after seeing PJ in 96 my dad telling me they had a fan club. I remember thinking "I couldn't care less about spending money on a fan club for postcards and stickers..."

...If only I knew about the ticket perks. :(
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    ckravitz wrote:

Does this happen if you miss the renewal, for example, by 1 day? Or do you have to miss for an entire year to lose your number?

Not that it really matters for me since my number begins with a 4 (I kick myself EVERYDAY.....I have loved this band since Ten but never thought to sign up for the Ten Club until 2009 :cry: )

You have a 3 month grace period.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Me next!

I smell nice :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm working on a time machine. When it's complete, and if everything goes according to plan, I will one day be #1.
  • Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    edited February 2012
    wish i could find out what my old numbers was....its not printed on the envelopes i have from back then

i joined early 93..got news letter 4..

then had a few years out the fan club ..left home got own place ..forgot about rejoining...silly me
  • Options
    I'm working on a time machine. When it's complete, and if everything goes according to plan, I will one day be #1.

You obviously never accomplished your task or otherwise you would be member #1 at this time.
  • Options
    Tenzing N. wrote:

You obviously never accomplished your task or otherwise you would be member #1 at this time.

maybe he is,,,but future him cant tell old him or present him..or the world ends ;)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    ckravitz wrote:

i believe it is a 90 day grace period
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Tenzing N. wrote:

maybe he is,,,but future him cant tell old him or present him..or the world ends ;)
    That's been/will be my dilemma. I'm hoping that by the next tour I'll finally be able to use it.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    ckravitz wrote:

DewieCox wrote:
    You have a 3 month grace period.
    81 wrote:
    i believe it is a 90 day grace period

Thanks gents!
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 674
    I have a buddy that claims to be member 101, I don't have a reason not to believe him.

Front few rows everytime, usally right in front of Eddie.
    Paul D.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I know a guy who works with a guy who supposedly has a 3 digit member number...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Me next!

I smell nice :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I shit and I stink!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    ckravitz wrote:

You have a 30 day grace period after your expiration date to renew. On day 31, you lose your number. And I'm pretty sure that's calendar days, not business days. I completely forgot and almost missed mine this year. Got it with a week to spare. I already lapsed once back in... '96 I think. Didn't renew again until 2000. I had a 70,000 but now I'm in the low 200,000's. It's still paid off a couple times!
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I remember after seeing PJ in 96 my dad telling me they had a fan club. I remember thinking "I couldn't care less about spending money on a fan club for postcards and stickers..."

...If only I knew about the ticket perks. :(

i joined in 95 ish and i'am 135 so u were looking at 145 -150 ish
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,922
    I know 1 or 2 who have been paying member's since the Mother Love Bone day's. The stories & pictures they have shared with me. Sweet zombie moses!!! :shock:
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I think Stone's mom or Jeff's mom was the very first Ten Club member...
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016